psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

I've been watching a lot of Do They Know on YouTube and holy fuck the vast majority of American music since 2010, especially the past few years sounds and is produced like trash. Literally everything that is popular this year is trash, and it used to not be like that, there used to be SOMETHING redeemable. It's odd that it's made me nostalgic for the music of the 90's and before and I used to avoid that. 

3 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I've been watching a lot of Do They Know on YouTube and holy fuck the vast majority of American music since 2010, especially the past few years sounds and is produced like trash. Literally everything that is popular this year is trash, and it used to not be like that, there used to be SOMETHING redeemable. It's odd that it's made me nostalgic for the music of the 90's and before and I used to avoid that. 

Or maybe your just not looking for good american music lol. I like a lot of pop stuff 🤷🏻‍♀️

3 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Or maybe your just not looking for good american music lol. I like a lot of pop stuff 🤷🏻‍♀️

I'm just talking about what's popular, the top listened songs, that sort of thing.

I was so happy when Nicki Minaj announced that she was retiring. Also, why has a bbw who thinks she can rap, plays the flute and whose ass and twerking is her claim to fame is the new hero and voice of the generation for young black women? I'm sorry, but where the fuck is the next Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Lauryn Hill? 

5 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I'm just talking about what's popular, the top listened songs, that sort of thing.

Ok but like I said, a lot of popular music isn’t bad. Sure, you can dislike it and I do have a few qualms with it, but many people enjoy it myself included. Lorde was popular back in 2013 with Pure Heroine and her hit royals and that was a masterpiece.

I don’t understand why being popular suddenly means it’s bad. Sure it may be more by the numbers in some cases but many artists are trying new things and many sound different from others. 

Ex: Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift (who I consider myself a fan for many reasons) 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

Ok but like I said, a lot of popular music isn’t bad. Sure, you can dislike it and I do have a few qualms with wit, but many people enjoy it myself included. Lorde was popular back in 2013 with Pure Heroine and her hit royals and that was a masterpiece.

I don’t understand why being popular suddenly means it’s bad. Sure it may be more by the numbers in some cases but many artists are trying new things and many sound different from others. 

Ex: Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift (who I consider myself a fan for many reasons) 

Well, to be fair I'm talking about this and last year, a lot of random shit, all over the place hip hop and God knows what else.

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Well, to be fair I'm talking about this and last year, a lot of random shit, all over the place hip hop and God knows what else.

Ok sure some rap can be awful and I agree, but still, a bunch of shitty rappers doesn't generalize the whole genre of hip hop

Same thing goes with pop music, one or many artists don’t generalize the rest 

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

I was so happy when Nicki Minaj announced that she was retiring. Also, why has a bbw who thinks she can rap, plays the flute and whose ass and twerking is her claim to fame is the new hero and voice of the generation for young black women? I'm sorry, but where the fuck is the next Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin, Tina Turner or Lauryn Hill? 

Artists like that exist, but they don't get nearly enough exposure. So-called African Americans are the most glaring example of a collectively dysfunctional people, and unfortunately, everyone is profitting and benefitting from our dysfunction but us. There are deeper reasons for this that I won't get into atm, but rest assured, everyone from the local beauty supply shop all the way up to Capitol Hill are reaping the spoils of pillaging a ruined people and further enabling their continued dysfunction. So it's no marvel that the artists most heavily promoted to this group of people are avatars of dysfunction themselves. 

On 9/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

Azealia Banks has a very good recent meltdown/write-up on the status of the music (pop culture in general) that labels and management higher-ups actively invest in, and the reason for certain personalities dominating the media noise while not having the star quality or intentionally dumbing themselves down x

On 9/11/2019 at 4:11 PM, Duma said:

Challenge accepted 🤪.

Come on people, I'm not telling you to stop following him and burn his all CDs, I've just posted my unpopular opinion. I can't do anything about it that for me his voice is annoying and face is disturbing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. Don't tell me you don't have such a artists/bands/actors/etc. 

Not liking Kiyoharu is perfectly fine. His voice and style are definitely polarizing. It's just saying things like "if I met him I'd want to vomit" and "he should do the world a favour and put a bag over his head" feels a bit like overkill for a lighthearted discussion on an internet forum. I mean, it's not like he's going to read it, but that is a human being you're talking about.

2 hours ago, violetchain said:

Not liking Kiyoharu is perfectly fine. His voice and style are definitely polarizing. It's just saying things like "if I met him I'd want to vomit" and "he should do the world a favour and put a bag over his head" feels a bit like overkill for a lighthearted discussion on an internet forum. I mean, it's not like he's going to read it, but that is a human being you're talking about.

I actually like Kiyoharu's voice tbh. He's not my favourite vocalist in VK but he's alright. 7/10

I hate wireless charging, the slowness that things charge just to not have cords is not worth it, plus it created the rise of glass phones that break easy as fuck. On a side note I bought an ipod the other day and I'm going to see if I can use earpods and if they fit or some alternative works and they won't fall out of my ears I'll get Airpods. 

Bubblegum bass / pc music / whatever you wanna call it is absolutely hot fucking garbage

Twenty-One Pilots are and always were boring crap

We need to stop building houses for people who don't even live in the country yet and start creating more job opportunities for people who do live here so more people can get jobs and employers don't feel the need to discriminate against introverts and people who devote a lot of their time to S̵̛̭̒͐͂̈́̈́̏C̵̬̬̠̼̖̓͌͠R̵̼̫̦̟̊̏͐̀͂̇Ĕ̴̦̼͔̗̻͉̹E̶̼̹͎̖̤͋͆̄̂͜͝͠Ǹ̷̨̜̬͛̐̄̽̉̓͒͊S̴̰̳̱̠͚͉̘͚̒̏͌̉͂͋̂͝ͅ because good lord how dare they enjoy modern technology. Also you should only need GCSEs/A-levels/etc that actually pertain to the job you want to get instead of all this maths/English/science to become a cashier bullcrap

Having kids is a million times more selfish than not having kids

6 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Having kids is a million times more selfish than not having kids

Just out of curiosity, sis, why do you feel that way?

5 minutes ago, CAT5 said:

Just out of curiosity, sis, why do you feel that way?

I don't think having kids is a bad thing, I just wanna clear that up. Nor do I think being selfish is inherently bad, actually (in some cases it's actually beneficial). I just think it'd be better if adoption was more popular and I also see a lot of people having kids just because they want to without thinking about the fact that they're bringing another human life into this world that only exists because their parents thought they were worth it. I fully respect people who have children because they want to see a healthy human life grow up and flourish as opposed to "I want someone with my surname", "I want my parents to be grandparents cuz they want to be", "I want..." but that doesn't change my view that adoption is the more compassionate option.

6 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I don't think having kids is a bad thing, I just wanna clear that up. Nor do I think being selfish is inherently bad, actually (in some cases it's actually beneficial). I just think it'd be better if adoption was more popular and I also see a lot of people having kids just because they want to without thinking about the fact that they're bringing another human life into this world that only exists because their parents thought they were worth it. I fully respect people who have children because they want to see a healthy human life grow up and flourish as opposed to "I want someone with my surname", "I want my parents to be grandparents cuz they want to be", "I want..." but that doesn't change my view that adoption is the more compassionate option.

ahhh, ok. So If I understood you correctly, what you're saying is something like "having children isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but rather, it's the intent behind having children that matters, and that's where things can get a bit problematic?" Something like that?

1 minute ago, CAT5 said:

ahhh, ok. So If I understood you correctly, what you're saying is something like "having children isn't a bad thing in and of itself, but rather, it's the intent behind having children that matters, and that's where things can get a bit problematic?" Something like that?

Yeah, that's it. I guess I coulda been a bit clearer.

18 minutes ago, Gesu said:

that doesn't change my view that adoption is the more compassionate option.

not everyone is mentally/financially prepared to adopt tho, it's more often than not incomparable in terms of resources required to raising own kids (however at 7 bil. we've already reached w/o any signs of slowing down, the selfishness of having children in general can be dug deeper into.)

35 minutes ago, Gesu said:

employers don't feel the need to discriminate against introverts and people who devote a lot of their time to S̵̛̭̒͐͂̈́̈́̏C̵̬̬̠̼̖̓͌͠R̵̼̫̦̟̊̏͐̀͂̇Ĕ̴̦̼͔̗̻͉̹E̶̼̹͎̖̤͋͆̄̂͜͝͠Ǹ̷̨̜̬͛̐̄̽̉̓͒͊S̴̰̳̱̠͚͉̘͚̒̏͌̉͂͋̂͝ͅ because good lord how dare they enjoy modern technology

I am so triggered tbh

we're fucked until american corporate culture/team building style hits some sort of a major cultural roadblock and dies off forever as a result tbh but I don't see that coming for at least our gen

Edited by nekkichi

7 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Yeah, that's it. I guess I coulda been a bit clearer.

Nah, you're good! I just wanted to make sure I understood where you were coming from. I totally agree with you tho. Bringing life into this world is a huuuuge responsibility, and it's obvious that a lot of ppl simply don't have a mindset that's conducive to raising children. Having a child for those selfish reasons you noted is definitely a huge issue...I know way too many ppl with multiple children that still think "everything is about them", while their children suffer. It's an absolute tragedy.

34 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

we're fucked until american corporate culture/team building style hits some sort of a major cultural roadblock and dies off forever as a result tbh but I don't see that coming for at least our gen

I feel this deep in my soul. The fact that I'll probably die under this work culture before anything changes is an almost unbearable reality.