psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

Just now, YuyoDrift said:

Drinking from a cup w/o a lid > Drinking from a cup w/ a lid/straw

Agreed. Besides, it's better for the environment as it leads to less plastic being strewn about on the streets/in the ocean.

2 minutes ago, Gesu said:

it's better for the environment as it leads to less plastic being strewn about on the streets/in the ocean.

I didn't even think about the benefits for the environment lol

From my own experience, people will tend to finish their soft drink a lot faster at food joints if the lid is not on there. Not sure if it's because of the constant eye contact with the liquid and people want the level to decrease faster by drinking more so they don't have to take the cup with them after they're done, or other reasons I don't think about myself. Coffee is another thing I notice people will drink a lot faster with no lid too, probably for the same reasons above +  the fact that it will get cold faster so there's a priority to drink the coffee before that happens.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:50 PM, secret_no_03 said:

Japan got it right with the small soda cans.

definitely with the coffee cans for sure.

On 8/8/2019 at 6:59 PM, YuyoDrift said:

definitely with the coffee cans for sure.

Same with individually wrapped fruits.

2 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Japanese female cosplay is generally a lot more fun, cute and wholesome whereas American female cosplay is generally sluttier and more based around sex appeal. It says a lot about the way women carry themselves in Japan versus America.

I'd say more established cosplayers in general are like this, but even then it's both Japanese and American as a whole, and done purposely for IRL fan service.

Amateur cosplayers aren't at all like this, and they can be cute and wholesome to boot.

This comes from someone who doesn't understand/care for the whole cosplay thing, but appreciates the reasoning as to why people do it.

3 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Considering 99% of female characters coming out of whatever weebshit series are sexy by default its hard for a cosplayer to avoid the sex appeal by default 

Eh I guess. Usually it depends on the character honestly. But it also depends on the person. Some cosplayer's are more erotic while others are not.

I find it funny that people still shame on women just for doing this kind of stuff and selling it on sites like Patreon or whatever. As long as your not scamming people, who cares lol. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

1 minute ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Eh I guess. Usually it depends on the character honestly. But it also depends on the person. Some cosplayer's are more erotic while others are not.

I'm just going off the fact that it feels like an overwhelmingly majority of cosplays nowadays feel like they're from fate shit order or azur lane and I'm pretty sure nearly every female in those games have a sexy variant or outfit I think I'm fine with giving all the cosplayers a pass lol

Wow @ this thread.

Anyway for my unpopular opinion: Michelin should stop ranking asian food because they suck at it. I suspect it's because most, if not all, the reviewers are westerners, and have widely different tastes from actual locals.

Music wise, the only legit kpop group to me is SHINee. They don't write most of their songs or compose them, but their albums are always refreshing and different from the one before.

Just now, chipathy said:

I'm just going off the fact that it feels like an overwhelmingly majority of cosplays nowadays feel like they're from fate shit order or azur lane and I'm pretty sure nearly every female in those games have a sexy variant or outfit I think I'm fine with giving all the cosplayers a pass lol

Oh no yeah that's fine. I was just saying that some female cosplayer's don't feel comfortable with showing off their body and I'm fine with that.

It used to be that women were wholesome and had some class, but complained about being objectified, skip ahead ten years and now it's all out there, but they're saying that it's "empowering" and it's about freedom of sexual expression and all that jazz "free the nipple", "you're slut shaming" and women wonder why they're harassed at conventions to tie back to the previous topic when their tits are about to pop out and their asses are hanging out. You can't have it both ways. Most women have sense and know this, but there's plenty who think that they're entitled to dress and act like a whore and not have anyone look at them; obviously touching someone without their permission is awful, but if you're half naked and there's a gaggle of men (and women at times) following you around and you feel uncomfortable, you brought that upon yourself.

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

It used to be that women were wholesome and had some class, but complained about being objectified, skip ahead ten years and now it's all out there, but they're saying that it's "empowering" and it's about freedom of sexual expression and all that jazz "free the nipple", "you're slut shaming" and women wonder why they're harassed at conventions to tie back to the previous topic when their tits are about to pop out and their asses are hanging out. You can't have it both ways. Most women have sense and know this, but there's plenty who think that they're entitled to dress and act like a whore and not have anyone look at them; obviously touching someone without their permission is awful, but if you're half naked and there's a gaggle of men (and women at times) following you around and you feel uncomfortable, you brought that upon yourself.

I agree that it's ridiculous for someone to think people finding them attractive is sexual harassment but it's not very nice to call them whores, or at least to say they're dressing/acting like whores just because they wear short skirts or whatever.

1 minute ago, Gesu said:

I agree that it's ridiculous for someone to think people finding them attractive is sexual harassment but it's not very nice to call them whores, or at least to say they're dressing/acting like whores just because they wear short skirts or whatever.

I agree with that first statement. 

I'll admit I do follow some erotic cosplayer's myself and I have seen some pretty shitty things said in the comments. They often just block these people so I won't complain there.

But we shouldn't shame women just for wearing like a short skirt or a shirt that reveals too much cleavage. I think we should just let people wear what they want tbh. It's not hurting anyone 

2 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I'm not talking about being a prude, like short skirts and the like, I'm talking this new culture of overt sexuality that has exploded the past few years.

22 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Just because someone is wearing sexy clothing doesn't mean they deserve sexual harassment. Yes it's only natural for people to look, but wearing a sexy cosplay doesn't mean you can just shout obscene things and grab people. If someone can't behave themselves around exposed skin, they are the problem. We're supposedly an evolved species who should be able to look past our urges at this point. 

Society has been making money off women's sexuality for yonks, but now that women have chosen to make money off it themselves certain people feel threatened. 

I don't like the trend of sexualizing every single character that has ever existed, but if these cosplayers wanna get their coin (and more importantly there IS a MARKET for that type of service) that way who are we to argue? They're simply grabbing the bull by the horns so to speak. 

320?cb=20180216195401

Just look at this character for example... truly Japan (or Nippon, as  me and my friends like to call it) is much better & more wholesome than the US with all its filthy degenerate sluts prancing around half-naked all the time.

Hot take: this is the ONLY pure and Christian cosplay that exists

51PhXQDcSJL._UY445_.jpg

Edited by Tokage

29 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I agree, if they are uncomfortable about people looking why overshow.

27 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I'm not sure how to explain it with words but... there's a slight difference between wearing short skirts/shorts and showing cleavage and "dressing like a whore" and I'd say it ultimately depends on your overall demeanor, body language and the "taste" of the garments you are wearing.
In my personal experience, I've never been called a whore (that I know of) for wearing outfits on the sexy side and showing some (or quite a lot of) skin, probably because my behavior remains... ladylike? graceful? Whereas I see other girls wearing the same outfits accompanied with behaviors that make you wonder if she's trying to pick up a guy or two.

The "she had it coming" is something I feel sometimes applies. I have a former friend who was, allegedly, assaulted by a guy a while ago and this is how it went down: he made his sexual intentions very clear from the beginning, she wasn't interested in sex but went out with him repeatedly for the free food and all that. She told me once she was spending the night at his place, to which I advised against and she did it anyway. She willingly got herself into the bed of a man whom SHE KNEW wanted sex, to whom she repeatedly told "maybe later" because a straight rejection would mean no more free food, and expected him not to touch her in any way? Some girls DO like to tempt a little too much and cry wolf later and while they do not deserve to be assaulted under any circumstance, they do share the responsibility for disregarding their own safety like that.

2 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

The "she had it coming" is something I feel sometimes applies. I have a former friend who was, allegedly, assaulted by a guy a while ago and this is how it went down: he made his sexual intentions very clear from the beginning, she wasn't interested in sex but went out with him repeatedly for the free food and all that. She told me once she was spending the night at his place, to which I advised against and she did it anyway. She willingly got herself into the bed of a man whom SHE KNEW wanted sex, to whom she repeatedly told "maybe later" because a straight rejection would mean no more free food, and expected him not to touch her in any way? Some girls DO like to tempt a little too much and cry wolf later and while they do not deserve to be assaulted under any circumstance, they do share the responsibility for disregarding their own safety like that.

Maybe she enjoyed his company? I don't condone sexual assault (or any kind of assault) in any way, shape or form and if this guy really did assault her, that's awful. I don't know if he really did or if she was overblowing the situation because I wasn't there but the "they had it coming" mentality is a bit victim-blaming. Consent not only means you agree to it; it also means you can stop at any time. If she decided she wasn't comfortable with him touching her, even if it wasn't full-blown assault I could still understand why she would get pissed if he continued. I agree with you that is it up to them to take their safety into their own hands and that we should teach people to avoid dangerous situations instead of teaching people not to be dangerous (because really, it's a bit useless to tell a potential assaulter not to assault someone) but you can still spend time with someone who's sexually interested in you and expect them to not pounce on you. Like I said, I have no way of knowing if he really did it, the full context, exactly how far they went, what she did and didn't consent to and yada yada, but still.

How is sexuality and social trends in regards of sexuality in any way political? I'd understand if I said there need to be laws or something, I'm just pointing out the rise in sexuality in western society, I suppose the feminist part could have excluded, but since no one has made reference of it, I don't see why it matters.