psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

I'm also in support of gatekeeping like mentioned before.

Even the conversation of things like toxicity and other internet fads doesn't belong to any serious scenes and is best kept at the Harry Potter and Marvel Universe communities that people dabble in for an year or two before teetering off. 

The lack of effective gatekeeping and scene discipline allows for trend hopping and superficial identity searching normies to barge in and blow in the doors and unleash the absolute worst tendencies in anything. Do you know why clubs have face control? It's to keep out weekend clubbers who are objectively awful and ruin nearly every club in Europe that doesn't arm itself to the teeth with bouncers and rules about cell phones and attire. Fuck, look at what happened to most gay clubs and spaces after all the straights started going to them because it became fashion and some vultures saw they could make a buck. From techno to black metal to rap on the street the music journalist went to excavate them like alien cultures and then brought out the carved up husk for the idiots to consume, to make a mockery of. It's true that the seeds of destruction were already in the commercial nature and historical origin of the music and it can be argued the death of subcultures is an inevitable course always, but isn't like people haven't tried to take them out of that sphere and build genuine communities around them and reinforce the so far latent political subtext that's there to be brought up to eschew mainstream commerciality and normalcy. 

To me the subcultures I take part in aren't just some joke you come to experience and then leave a good review on tripadvisor for. They're my life, visual kei is my life, among great many other scenes with which I've worked very hard and listened to a lot of shit for years just to give them the respect they deserve, and those who only come on Sundays or even entertain to think that they have the platform speak their mind without a proper education ought to just get spat on their faces and sent back to the business school they came from. 

20 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

I have always heard that if you speak your truth then you have nothing to fear, and that's what I always do. I speak my truth and I know full well that it doesn't do me any favors, gain me any friends or make me seen in a positive light by pretty much anyone who encounters me. But, that's fine, if I wanted all kinds of friends I'd tow the line, fall into place, believe what everyone else does because it's what you're supposed to do and be a good, silent drone. I knew full well once I stopped lurking and started becoming active and revealed myself and laid myself bare that hell would rain down upon me, but I did it anyway and I don't regret it even if it wins me no favors because we're all adults here more or less and all have opinions and everyone has a opinion someone else disagrees with, and may even find morally reprehensible, but that's life. So, no, contrary to what you may think, I am not in fact a troll, just someone who has some very controversial and unpopular opinions. I've been a loner all my life and have only had a select few friends, mostly because of how shy I've always been and afraid to speak my truth and now that I have, albeit quite later than I had hoped, the prophecy has fulfilled itself and I'd do it all over again. 😊

I leave you with some quotes that I have found to bring some perspective to everything.

"In a room where

people unanimously maintain

a conspiracy of silence,

one word of truth

sounds like a pistol shot." 

Franz Kafka 

"The truth is something that burns. It burns off dead wood. And people don't like having the dead wood burnt off, often because they're 95 percent dead wood." 

Jordan Peterson

"Life has taught me that it is not for our faults that we are disliked and even hated, but for our qualities."

Bernard Berenson

Have a wonderful day. 🖖

I actually agree with you to an extent. Truth and truth seeking will never make you popular, and it has never been popular since the beginning of time. Ultimately, we're all invested in deception and our own self-deceptions, and the truth can shatter all of that in an instant. And that's not a comfortable feeling. Similar to that Peterson quote, the truth is like fire - it fucking burns. And who wants to get burnt? The beautiful thing tho is that fire also purifies. But I digress.

I can relate to you in a sense. Ever since I started speaking and relaying what I perceive to be "truth" - it's costed me both online and offline.  In fact, there are people on this very forum - people I considered good friends, whom I shared good laughs with an even opened up to on a deeply personal level - who have cut me off simply over sharing thoughts that I perceived to be true. Nowadays, these very same ppl that I used to kick it with don't hesitate to talk shit about me behind my back. It is what it is.

But here's what I've learned in my pursuit of truth. The truth does not need a spokesperson. It simply is. Whether ppl want to recognize it or not - that's up to them.  We all have free will, so trying to debate, convince, or beat people over the head with what we perceive to be the "truth" is an absolute waste of time. The best way to speak your truth is to simply live it. To embody it. Those with eyes to see, will see it. Those with ears to hear, will hear it. It'll reach who it needs to.

Perfect example: The people I just mentioned that cut me off - did so because of thoughts i've been sharing on social media, and probably because I started posting increasingly biblical things there. It's never my intent to be controversial, adversarial, or contrary for the sake of being contrary, so I was surprised at how some ppl responded. I mean, I've even been accused of being a homophobe (which makes perfect sense with me being the admin of a VK forum, right? 🙄) and lord knows what else.

But guess what? No matter what these people say about me - NOT ONE of them can say that I've ever done anything wrong to them, or that i've treated them like shit, or anything like that. In fact, quite the opposite. And to my knowledge, if I ever did offend anyone - I ALWAYS apologized and tried to make amends/work things out.

So lemme ask you. What's the weightier matter? What's most important? My thoughts on feminism??? on politics???, or the fact that I treat you with respect and love as a fellow human being???

You see, I ALWAYS show love, and I ain't NEVER been a hater. Shit, ask around. The only reason I'm admin here is because ppl trust me and know i'm a cool-ass dude, and they know I've put a ton of time and love into this community. They know my character.

So the fact that those ppl cut me off and continue talk shit about me, lets me know that those ppl are not truly seeing me. Rather, they're seeing some imaginary character that they've constructed in their minds based off my opinions on abstract ideologies. So instead of looking right in front of them, and saying "wait, CAT is a cool dude. He's always been kind and reasonable with me. Let me try to understand where he's coming from before judging him or jumping to conclusions" - they  just jump straight to "CAT disagrees with feminism? WOW. HOW DARE HE. HE'S A FUCKING MONSTER. I'LL NEVER TO TALK TO HIM AGAIN!!!"

It's pretty juvenile, but it shows you just how willing people are to invest in their own self-deceptions, instead of looking at reality/the truth. People will destroy whole relationships over inconsequential ideological differences instead of looking at the reality of what really matters. We saw a lot of this in the last election with ppl going "Unfriend me if you voted for Trump", and ppl do this all the time in other ways. Hell, people are often wiling to hurt others and even kill over these differences. Which is crazy.

I would call this a religious inclination...but I think it's merely an ignorant human inclination...because this tendency to want to divide and antagonize ppl based on their beliefs happens in pretty much every sphere of human interaction - not just in religion. In fact, often times, the ppl who behave like this claim to be the most open-minded, liberal, and non-religious. It's completely schizoid.

So this is why I advocate "embodying" and living your truth - because words are abstract. Actions are concrete. Ppl can take your words and twist them, and interpret your opinions in a million different ways, but the best way to see what someone believes is to look at their actions. People can believe what they want to, but actions don't lie.

And I always try to act out of love. I don't always get it right, and I fuck up just like anyone else, but I always continue to make that attempt. So to me, how you act and treat other people is more "true" than any abstract ideological or intellectual concepts....or anything you can "say".  Cuz I can go to anyone with all of the proof and empirical evidence of whatever you wanna talk about, but if i'm an asshole about it....if I do it without compassion, understanding, and love - then it's most likely not going to be received - so what good is it?

Anyways, i'm just rambling at this point.

I'm gonna get lambasted for this, but unsolicited advice is not necessarily a bad thing and I wish people would stop acting so defensive/hostile towards people who give it. Also, I don't like the argument that it's always self-serving because it's no more self-serving than anything else. If you're gonna tell them they're only out for themselves, you may as well say the same thing to your doctor. You're trying to help someone and in the end, they're the ones who will really benefit from it if they take the advice. I get it if it's something really petty that you could just as easily ignore (e.g. "that outfit looks terrible on you, you shouldn't wear it anymore") but if it's something more serious and you're respectful enough with your wording (e.g. "I found this tip that can ease the symptoms of that condition you have"), I don't see a problem with it. Another one of the main criticisms I've read for it is that it comes off as "judgemental". If you seriously think someone is being judgemental just because they dared to challenge your mighty opinion/method, then you have more of a problem than the person trying to correct it, not to mention a much more fragile ego. Personally, I'd consider it more emotionally controlling to go on about your problems all the time and expect the other party to say nothing than to give unsolicited advice. Not saying everyone who receives unsolicited advice is just venting all their issues and expecting everyone else to stay silent and just listen, but if we're going to compare two opposite extremes, then I know which one I think is worse.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:37 AM, Tokage said:

page 1: ice cream's pretty bad guys

page 14: FUCK TRANNIES & GAYS, IMPERIAL JAPAN DID NOTHING WRONG, IT ISNT PEDOPHILIA TO WANT TO JACK IT TO CARTOON CHILDREN

this thread is somehow escalating as suddenly as your average shounen anime

Hold up, someone doesn't like ice cream? I just started skim-reading this thread backwards from the last page, and now I'm truly worried about what awaits. 😟

1 hour ago, violetchain said:

I just started skim-reading this thread backwards from the last page, and now I'm truly worried about what awaits. 😟

man, why would you do this. love yourself~

It's been a little while since I've been online, fellas.

Unpopular opinion threads or tweets are an open gate for people to start showing their asses in the name of racism, transphobia, etc, but here's my unwanted and unneeded contribution. Feel free to quote, but I may or may not respond. If it's anything contentious in nature I won't respond, given MH is never the place to argue. I'm here just to express my opinions, not to enforce them on anyone.

- As conspiratorial as it sounds, music can influence someone's behavior. All of the people that suffered from addiction at the ward I was signed into had an addiction to things like lean, codeine, "xannies", and when we got the chance to play music of our choice, it was very apparent to me why. When you keep listening to music about nonstop popping 'xannies', sipping on lean, smoking weed, etc, etc, it's bound to have an effect on you. Media is a very influential thing.

- It takes the same amount of time not to be a dick and to respect someone's pronouns than to be a dick and purposefully call them the wrong thing to prove your point and state of mind. Just be nice, y'all.

- In a similar vein to the above, xir/xim or whatever is weird, but I won't necessarily refuse out of sheer decency. Things like they/them and not conforming to an expected binary, however, is understandable. Take my case, born as one sex and expected to be another, raised like the other, blah, blah, blah. It causes confusion, and a constant dissociation between reality and "what should/could have been". Don't trigger someone's dysphoria for fuck all else. You don't know their story.

Always remember: what you know about people is mostly what they allow to be known. You seldom ever fully know someone, their past, all of their traits, etc.

- Expecting Generation Z to conform to the ideologies and morals of former generations is ridiculous. Every generation is different from the last.

- Cringe culture is unnecessary and prevents a child from indulging into what they love, ultimately causing a fear of ridicule or disappointment for expressing themselves.

- Pistachio flavored anything is fucking disgusting.

- Black licorice is like eating a rubber band dipped in gasoline.

Hickeys are gross. I get if it's somewhere only your partner's gonna see but I think they look trashy if you're showing them off to everyone. I'm no prude but whenever I see that, it just reminds me of those kids who've kissed someone before all their friends and they won't stop bragging about it.

America would be amazing and turn it all around overnight if it adopted every Japanese law.*

*It'll never happen and I consider this under the grounds of social engineering and not politics, or well, MAGIC since it'd never happen, but talk about a utopia.

Social awareness is fucking bullshit designed by armchair activists who want to feel good by doing nothing. It started with the manipulative posts asking for likes in the name of Jesus, exploiting the homeless they seek to help to fuel their ego boners, and now it's devolved into virtual shit slinging at different corners of the internet with a zero tolerance policy on disagreement. For example, half the people championing for mental health awareness don't even know how to spot depression lurking in their friend group. No one needs to be "aware" of breast cancer because we already know it exists; what we need to do is kick its ass. Facebook statuses about environmental awareness on Earth Day doesn't clean up the plastic bottles you walk past on your way to and from work every day. Social awareness is a cheap and lazy way to decorate yourself with feelgood medals while doing fuck all to change anything.

Representation has strong armed its way into every corner of society, and it's supposed to be such a good thing to see yourself reflected in entertainment, but I don't think it's a good thing. Considering what trash ends up in the media today, not being in the media is a good thing. "Everyone's story has to be told" but history is full of the stories of the forgotten, and most of them are not worth telling. Odds are, your story isn't worth telling either. Certain members of our society have an exaggerated sense of self-worth wrapped in a cloak of self-doubt and depression, and they've pushed the barometer of conceit so far out to the left it's redefined what it means to be a self-absorbed narcissistic prick. With the advent of social media and the acceptance that everything will be recorded for future use, people are downright obsessed with claiming their little speck in history, at whatever cost possible. Representation is cherry-picked points of view to weaponize social agendas through various mediums, because the fastest way to earn your paragraph in a history book is to engage in thought revolution, and everyone thinks they're a blessed prophet sent from God with words that make angels cum when they sermon.

Social media was a mistake. It has convinced me reading minds is the worst super power one could wish for, especially if you can't turn it off. There are things I'm seeing on a daily basis that would horrify me if I were standing in line scanning someone's thoughts and came across them. The dumb shit people think is acceptable, the horrifying things people daydream about doing to others, the lies people internalize while they lie to your face, all of that would come crashing down if I could read your thoughts, and her thoughts, and his thoughts, and they would all smash together in my mind until I'm not sure what is real anymore. The description sounds like the wonderful back story for a villain in a novel somewhere if you needed a legit reason to explain acquired insanity. The worst part about social media is that it's an addiction that has wormed it's way into culture right next to high fructose corn syrup and caffeine.

Everyone has a self-serving agenda.

2 hours ago, suji said:

dragon ball super sucks, fight me

I 100% agree. I didn't even know this was unpopular.

Somehow spits in the face of the rest of the series and somehow any spinoff from it. You thought GT was bad?? [maniacal laughter]

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Social awareness is fucking bullshit designed by armchair activists who want to feel good by doing nothing. It started with the manipulative posts asking for likes in the name of Jesus, exploiting the homeless they seek to help to fuel their ego boners, and now it's devolved into virtual shit slinging at different corners of the internet with a zero tolerance policy on disagreement. For example, half the people championing for mental health awareness don't even know how to spot depression lurking in their friend group. No one needs to be "aware" of breast cancer because we already know it exists; what we need to do is kick its ass. Facebook statuses about environmental awareness on Earth Day doesn't clean up the plastic bottles you walk past on your way to and from work every day. Social awareness is a cheap and lazy way to decorate yourself with feelgood medals while doing fuck all to change anything.

Well, being mindful has always been a way of life that for the most part, I felt was acceptable in the USA leading up to today's society. Only now the monstrosity that is social media has torn apart the very definition of it/how we perceive it. There are articles online attacking this idea of being mindful, as if it was never a part of the word "awareness" in the first place. It's actually worrying because being mindful is one of the last rational ways of living for people with neutral/centered ways of thinking. Suddenly, being mindful is the same as doing nothing or choosing to be ignorant, and for the most part,  makes us selfish assholes. Society has definitely gone downhill online alright, I just hope that their shortsightedness at what they're doing isn't going to be the ace-in-the-hole for those who felt that the govt controlling the internet is a better solution to all this. It's getting pretty hard to argue it these days.

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Social media was a mistake. It has convinced me reading minds is the worst super power one could wish for, especially if you can't turn it off. There are things I'm seeing on a daily basis that would horrify me if I were standing in line scanning someone's thoughts and came across them. The dumb shit people think is acceptable, the horrifying things people daydream about doing to others, the lies people internalize while they lie to your face, all of that would come crashing down if I could read your thoughts, and her thoughts, and his thoughts, and they would all smash together in my mind until I'm not sure what is real anymore. The description sounds like the wonderful back story for a villain in a novel somewhere if you needed a legit reason to explain acquired insanity. The worst part about social media is that it's an addiction that has wormed it's way into culture right next to high fructose corn syrup and caffeine.

Not to give you more to think about, but have you ever wondered walking among random people on the street/socializing with them, if they have an online presence that's more than just simple web browsing? What I mean is, there are people you will meet at the store, a bar, an event outside where the need to be online is at it's lowest, and you can tell that they couldn't care less about what happens in the world, because they are living their own lives. This is what Americans used to be like, right?

What's going to happen when the newer generations of people no longer live this way, as their online presence is now a part of their irl identity? Those people you meet right now are going to be gone, and what's going to be left is individuals that can't seem to leave the online issues they become aware of at home, and bring all that crap out to the rest of the busybodies that are just like them and...... good god I can't even imagine it. Are those people even living anymore?

4 minutes ago, ahnchc said:

I 100% agree. I didn't even know this was unpopular.

Somehow spits in the face of the rest of the series and somehow any spinoff from it. You thought GT was bad?? [maniacal laughter]

Having this opinion is not popular in the eyes of Funi fanboys or South Americans who are such raging fanatics of the series that they livestreamed the Goku vs Jiren fight in certain venues like a major pay per view event, even after the government was told by Toei themselves not to let it happen (LMAO).

_oDYASK27zhATANXSjBmugQoYQWykGg3hlP3AfjG

3 minutes ago, suji said:
Spoiler

Having this opinion is not popular in the eyes of Funi fanboys or South Americans who are such raging fanatics of the series that they livestreamed the Goku vs Jiren fight in certain venues like a major pay per view event, even after the government was told by Toei themselves not to let it happen (LMAO).

_oDYASK27zhATANXSjBmugQoYQWykGg3hlP3AfjG

I-

The original DB and DBZ will always be the best installment in the series imo. Those Budokai games for the PS2 were also hard as fuck.

On the topic of DBZ, I miss their speed metal soundtrack during battles. I'm pretty sure it's just mostly electronica now?🗿

the saddest war film is avengers: endgame because the funny sarcastic metal man died :(

5 hours ago, Tokage said:

the saddest war film is avengers: endgame because the funny sarcastic metal man died :(

That's just silly. LFI is a true story of how a regiment of the Japanese army died honorably when they were completely slaughtered by the US in the pacific just so they could take their air fields in hopes of being able to advance to mainland Japan.

30 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

That's just silly. LFI is a true story of how a regiment of the Japanese army died honorably when they were completely slaughtered by the US in the pacific just so they could take their air fields in hopes of being able to advance to mainland Japan.

...You do know @Tokageis joking right?