psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

honestly i couldn’t get into sukekiyo at all, even from the beginning.  it sounds like some weird shit kyo would attach his name to and kinda reminds me of those two lil singles or whatever he put out w his respective poem books.  i didn’t like either of those on the same note.  i wonder if diru will disband in the next 5 years or if they’ll keep going and become sort of a nuisance cuz i can already see it kinda happening.

20 minutes ago, Ro plz said:

I agree that Sukekiyo and Dir both fell off. But to pinpoint the source of both declines on Kyo is giving that nigga WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit, especially since Kaoru still writes a majority of Dir’s stuff with some needed inclusion from everyone else. And it’s no secret now that Kyo’s mindset and main focus is solely on Sukekiyo, which is composed of an entirely different set of musicians. I severely doubt he has that much influence on both bands.

Them sounding similar is a reach. I normally refrain from saying this about ppls opinions but even with my gripes with both bands, I gotta straight up say that’s just not true. Kyo sounding more or less the same on both? Yes.

Dir en grey as a unit is running on fumes. The evidence lies In everything post DSS. 

Sukekiyo....Lately is just really trying to be this super abstract band based off of the history of the individual members, and in return is making music that makes my head hurt. Post VITIUM Sukekiyo is damn near unlistenable. 

I think you're completely right, I think it is just Kyo, it's like I don't fuck with DARELL because it's just more Ai. I guess I've always cared most about vocals, so that's probably it.

2 minutes ago, robkun said:

I fuckin despise coconuts and all things that have coconut flavoring.

I can do flavoring, but there's something I don't like about the texture and having it in my mouth.

Reminds me of biting the skin off your fingers, and what you get is legit the same texture as a coconut.

I'm good.

the only thing im gonna say about the sukekiyo/dir en grey thing: awfully bold of someone who likes dalle of all bands to accuse sukekiyo of being a pretentious vanity project tbh

as for the coconut stuff: literally the ONLY good part about coconuts is coconut milk, everything else is awful. on the same tier of 'why would you eat that?' as licorice

Edited by Tokage

15 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I can do flavoring, but there's something I don't like about the texture and having it in my mouth.

Reminds me of biting the skin off your fingers, and what you get is legit the same texture as a coconut.

I'm good.

Maaaaan, I've been to Milan last year and they have those water-fountains with coconut pieces set at street vendors' and they are so delicious, filling and refreshing???? 

I love coconut everything ❤️ minus the coconut water das disgusting

I love cherry-flavoured things to the ends of this Earth but I don't like cherries. I think it's the texture? Same thing goes for pretty much all berries, but cherries have the best flavour.

7 minutes ago, Tokage said:

the only thing im gonna say about the sukekiyo/dir en grey thing: awfully bold of someone who likes dalle of all bands to accuse sukekiyo of being a pretentious vanity project tbh

Last I checked no one in DÄLLE have bands that they're ignoring for, everyone involved has at least two bands besides DÄLLE. If Közi was the reason for Malice Mizer turning to shit or DÄLLE being the reason that 9goats disbanded then I'd agree with you, but this is just a false equivalency. DÄLLE started as a session band and it pretty much is considering they only show up every 3 months. Sukekiyo on the other hand have been around since 2013 and have released 3 albums and an EP.

Ohh yeah, and I, for the life of me, cannot understand the appeal of Kate Bush. I checked her out in depth with one of my friends who’s a music nerd too, and we were both utterly lost. Her music sounds obnoxiously vain, especially on her supposed 1985 “masterpiece” “Hounds of Love”, and in her earlier work, she sounds like a hyena getting impaled.

....Aaaaand I’ve got my proximity suit on in preparation for what might come my way lol.

1 hour ago, robkun said:

Ohh yeah, and I, for the life of me, cannot understand the appeal of Kate Bush.

i’m gonna be honest, i have no idea who that even is.  🤔

Dir En Grey post DSS in my opinion does NOT sound like American music. 

There’s a strong difference between Influence and Copying. If anything, TMOAB is more “American”. Hell, that album came right after the FV Tour and they toured with lots of American bands.

The whole “this is too american” argument is stupid and I wish people would stop saying that. I’m fine with people saying it’s influenced by American music, but to say it outright ripsoff or copies it is totally false.

Also here’s my unpopular opinion, everything Post DSS isn’t that bad, and both the TIW and Arche are solid 8/10s at best. 

I think they're exclusive to Britain, but we have these snacks called Twiglets and people here seem to love them. What the fuck is up with that!? They're horrid! 🤮

8 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I think they're exclusive to Britain, but we have these snacks called Twiglets and people here seem to love them. What the fuck is up with that!? They're horrid! 🤮

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they just pretzel sticks with various flavors?

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't they just pretzel sticks with various flavors?

They're knobbly twig-shaped snacks that are flavoured with yeast extract. They're disgustingly bitter. 1/10 would not eat again

Just now, Gesu said:

They're knobbly twig-shaped snacks that are flavoured with yeast extract. They're disgustingly bitter. 1/10 would not eat again

Yep, sounds like awful quality pretzel sticks. Glad we don't have them then.