psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

Those hating on dat gauc-a-mole needz to step the fuck back, cuz my useless opinion comin' tru.

Nah I'm JK, I can't even finish an entire avocado in a week, so it hurts me to pay $3 on a single one knowing this.

Chipotle charging me $2 extra for a splatter of guac is highway robbery, I tells ya.

I also agree with the sweet potato thing. I just can't stomach a batch of them, let alone enjoy eating them.

On a different note, drinking outside > drinking inside.

Edit: I mean like garage, patio of bar, or at events like sports, car shows, concerts, etc lol

4 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

On a different note, drinking outside > drinking inside.

Edit: I mean like garage, patio of bar, or at events like sports, car shows, concerts, etc lol

i don’t drink tbh but smoking a bowl is def better outside, especially on a warm night as it’s starting to get dark.

i guess on that note, i prefer smoking from a can over a pipe bc it’s way convenient and you never have to clean it.  also joints/blunts are a waste of tree and completely pointless.

edit: if i’m not allowed to talk about weed here delete this and my bad 😂

Edited by God

Sukekiyo ruined DIR EN GREY for me as it was just too much Kyo at that point, they are just too similar, I can't stand Sukekiyo which is a shame because I was in for immortalis, but after that it just became a pretentious vanity project and DIR EN GREY suffered and went down hill for it. All Diru since Dum Spiro Spero and Sukekiyo since Immortalis has been fucking awful. It's a shame that I've come to dislike what was my first VK that I worshipped in my teens has been an utter disappointment for nearly a decade and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's probably time to disband at this point and start coming back every five years. On a side note, I actually have enjoyed what little Seraph and DECAYS have put out. Honestly things started going down hill with Uroboros then fell off of a God damned cliff.

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Sukekiyo ruined DIR EN GREY for me as it was just too much Kyo at that point, they are just too similar, I can't stand Sukekiyo which is a shame because I was in for immortalis, but after that it just became a pretentious vanity project and DIR EN GREY suffered and went down hill for it. All Diru since Dum Spiro Spero and Sukekiyo since Immortalis has been fucking awful. It's a shame that I've come to dislike what was my first VK that I worshipped in my teens has been an utter disappointment for nearly a decade and I don't see that changing anytime soon. It's probably time to disband at this point and start coming back every five years. On a side note, I actually have enjoyed what little Seraph and DECAYS have put out. Honestly things started going down hill with Uroboros then fell off of a God damned cliff.

The different perspective on Diru on here compared to the Diru subreddit.

On here, people tend to like more of the Pre -WTD era of Diru, often not liking what they put out now.

On the Diru subreddit, people are often tend to like the newer stuff and often dislike the VK stuff.

And then you have fanboys like me who like EVERYTHING Diru has released. I need help lol.

But hey, to each their own I guess 🤷🏻‍♀️

The only good DIR EN GREY albums (albums as a whole) are Withering to Death and Marrow of a Bone, everything since is copied from American/European metal bands and everything before is trying to be Undercode bands.

I love SUGIZO and INORAN's solo projects, but I've listened to the entire discography of Luna Sea multiple times over the years and I just can't stand them. I don't know if it's Ryuichi or what, on second thought it's probably Ryuichi.

5 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

The only good DIR EN GREY albums (albums as a whole) are Withering to Death and Marrow of a Bone, everything since is copied from American/European metal bands and everything before is trying to be Undercode bands.

It’s funny cause TMOAB is my least favourite Diru album lol. Too screamy for my tastes tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️

i really want to like mucc since they have some cool instrumentation but that guy singing is just really...bad.  i can’t do it.

1 minute ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

It’s funny cause TMOAB is my least favourite Diru album lol. Too screamy for my tastes tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's  beautiful violence in auditory form, WTD was more mixed and experimental, everything before was typical VK and everything after is brooding euro metal.

5 minutes ago, God said:

i really want to like mucc since they have some cool instrumentation but that guy singing is just really...bad.  i can’t do it.

I loved them in 2006, but after 3 years I literally got sick of hearing Tatsurou's voice. 

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

It's  beautiful violence in auditory form, WTD was more mixed and experimental, everything before was typical VK and everything after is brooding euro metal.

Here’s my ranked for Diru:

Gauze/Withering To Death

Dum Spiro Spero

Kisou

Uroboros

The Insulated World

MACABRE

Vulgar

Arche

The Marrow Of A Bone

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

Here’s my ranked for Diru:

Gauze/Withering To Death

Dum Spiro Spero

Kisou

Uroboros

The Insulated World

MACABRE

Vulgar

Arche

The Marrow Of A Bone

Withering to Death will always be my favorite because it was my first, but it's tied with MOAB for me. 

8P-SB is literally better than all Kpop. Jesus Christ the Korean music industry dove into the ocean since the days of SE7EN and Rain in their prime. G-Dragon needs to be like Jesus and revive BIG BANG and save the industry from whatever the hell it's morphing into. 

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

8P-SB is literally better than all Kpop. Jesus Christ the Korean music industry dove into the ocean since the days of SE7EN and Rain in their prime. G-Dragon needs to be like Jesus and revive BIG BANG and save the industry from whatever the hell it's morphing into. 

ANYTHING is better than Kpop lol

On 7/12/2019 at 5:05 PM, God said:

the departure kevin smith has taken from the jay & silent bob movies has been the best thing he’s ever done.

How do you feel about the reboot?

2 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

tbh, tho after that whole biiig thing with seungri and now yg is going on trial for other stuff, i kinda doubt that big bang would be that well received.  even tho they kicked seungri out, idk.  it doesn’t seem likely.

2 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

How do you feel about the reboot?

skeptical!   j&sbsb was so unbelievably insincere.  it was good when i was a teenager, but watching it now feels like it’s all a bunch of jibberish.  since the reboot looks to be basically just a rehash (and i don’t even think there’s gonna be any eliza dushku), it’s kinda...🤔

7 hours ago, God said:

bwahaha, Tatsurou's vocal is one of my favourite things about MUCC X'D 

8 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

This makes literally no sense whatsoever. How is something like Uroboros, Dum Spiro Spero, Arche and The Insulated World any more copied from American/European metal bands than The Marrow of a Bone? With Uroboros (and the later stuff) they actually started doing something quite fresh and new, and it's actually pretty far from copying any american or european metal I've heard, and I've heard quite a lot. The same can honestly not be said about The Marrow of a Bone which is by far their most american metal-sounding album to date.

Btw, I can't stand The Marrow of a Bone, Dum Spiro Spero, Arche and The Insulated World. Arche and The Insulated World have a handful of good tracks combined between them, but as a whole both albums suck. But not nearly as much as The Marrow of a Bone. Top 3 worst albums I've ever heard for sure.

I ABSOLUTELY do not get why nearly every shoegaze/dreampop fan I've encountered seems to love Beach House, they're so boring and samey they almost make The National look like cali gari

also, additionally

the chinese indie scene (from what little i've heard of it) >>> the korean indie scene

Edited by Tokage

11 hours ago, God said:

Same. That’s also me with dir en grey, though I’m not saying Kyo is a bad singer-he’s just not my type and I could never get into his vocals like most fans could.

5 minutes ago, heresytrash said:

Same. That’s also me with dir en grey, though I’m not saying Kyo is a bad singer-he’s just not my type and I could never get into his vocals like most fans could.

11 hours ago, God said:

I felt the same way with Lime and キズ, but the more I've listened to him I've gotten used to it. Speaking of atrocious voices that make your ears bleed and is an acquired taste...D.O.

@Tokage You actually reminded me of another unpopular opinion of mine; most shoegaze is overrated as hell and bores the crap outta me. I'm open to the idea of hearing a good song in the genre (as with pretty much anything), but on the whole I just don't like it.

honestly, speaking as someone who's got shoegaze in his personal top 5 genres i'm gonna have to agree that a lot of it is derivative as all hell (even more so than vk & that's saying something). i don't really fuck w/ the super sugary sweet side of things all that much myself either.

i guess liking the genre or not generally comes down to whether you're more into melody or more into texture, and on how you feel about bands cranking the distortion and fuzz up to maximum overdrive more than half the time

19 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

I agree that Sukekiyo and Dir both fell off. But to pinpoint the source of both declines on Kyo is giving that nigga WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much credit, especially since Kaoru still writes a majority of Dir’s stuff with some needed inclusion from everyone else. And it’s no secret now that Kyo’s mindset and main focus is solely on Sukekiyo, which is composed of an entirely different set of musicians. I severely doubt he has that much influence on both bands.

Them sounding similar is a reach. I normally refrain from saying this about ppls opinions but even with my gripes with both bands, I gotta straight up say that’s just not true. Kyo sounding more or less the same on both? Yes.

Dir en grey as a unit is running on fumes. The evidence lies In everything post DSS. 

Sukekiyo....Lately is just really trying to be this super abstract band based off of the history of the individual members, and in return is making music that makes my head hurt. Post VITIUM Sukekiyo is damn near unlistenable. 

Edited by Ro plz