psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

3 hours ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

do yall ppl like anything smh

D'you know what, that's a dang good point. Why is no-one talking about the unpopular things they do like?

For example, squid tentacles are some of the most delicious things you could ever hope to eat on planet Earth and whoever complains they're "too chewy" (which is near enough everyone I've told this to) just hasn't had a well-cooked squid. They have the most perfect bite to them!

20 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

I agree with you alright. My gf has had outdoor cats her whole life, and myself having grown up with dogs that were always indoors besides taking them out for walks or a visit to the park, I can't fathom why a cat needs to be outside at all. I can tolerate an indoor cat being on my lap because I know its clean(er), but a cat that has been outside all day and possibly had an orgy or massive killing spree during that time (this is funny to those who read but I've seen it) to then come and decide it wants to rub it's filthy, probably tick infested or blood soaked body on me is a HELL NO. Several times one of the more psychotic fuckers bring us dead and alive rodents, birds, and rabbits back into the home and plop the thing on the table or on the floor where we can see it. My gf then tells me "Awwww, he considers you one of his own.....", like wtf? Nothing I enjoy more than feeling blood on my sock and the helpless cries of a rabbit/mouse as it dies in front of me /s.

OH,  and the other fucker? throws up EVERYTHING it doesn't like to eat (we've already confirmed it's not sick), but only AFTER jumping on the bed and getting comfortable, and I'm talking full course meal vomit, that sticks to the fabric and requires 2-3 straight washes to come off. I feel bad for a dog when they do it because you can see and feel the humiliation and shame in their eyes, but a cat? No, they just walk away in a "Clean that shit up. I'm gonna puke on that spot again later, bitch." like they own me.

As you can tell I have a disdain for them. Maybe I haven't met the right cat, but I've met some terrible ones so far to make me pass on getting anything more than a dog for now.

"I hate independent wild creatures, I want one that worships and obeys me like a god".

I've personally never seen the point in keeping dogs indoors when they need space and it's not hygienic either.

27 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

"I hate independent wild creatures, I want one that worships and obeys me like a god".

tbh it's not the case with either akitas or shiba dogs however people who side-eye cats for (this or that) while dogs have evolutionary developed their begging and owner manipulation mimic muscles is a kiii

- Chipotle is trash

- The reason Trump is president is almost solely because Clinton rigged the Democratic primary and forced herself as a Presidential candidate despite the projections that she would lose against Trump. Yet Dems have learned nothing from this and continue to blame Russia, Sanders, and whoever else they can so they’ll probably lose again in 2020 to the detriment of the rest of the world

- The Last Jedi is one of if not the best Star Wars films and most of the hate it gets is because people are too dumb to understand it and don’t get complex literary themes nor read any books outside the YA genre on a regular basis, if they even read at all

- Instagram eyebrows are ugly af

- Pop music needs to stop trying to sell how cool it is to pop pills, get drunk, or fuck anything that moves

- Recently there’s this trend that every series or every fan work of any series need to depict ideal relationships or it’s abusive, have xx representation for every kind of person under the sun, only allow white men to die or it’s automatically racist or sexist, and god forbid anyone make any nsfw content of it that isn’t the most boring sex you’ve ever seen/read or the keyboard warriors will come after it/them

- On that note most SJWs are fake wokes who think policing, dragging, or canceling other people with good intentions online is more productive than donating or volunteering to assist the issues or causes they’re supposedly fighting for (Hint: it’s not)

Edited by jaymee

1 minute ago, jaymee said:

- Instagram eyebrows are ugly af

I was gonna say this but I wasn't sure how unpopular it'd be here. They just look like negative space unibrows.

4 hours ago, Tokage said:

semi-popular opinion at this point:

nu-metal was never really that bad other than the literal middle school-tier lyrics

We can all blame Limp Bizkit for giving us such classics such as “NOOKIE”

XXXTentacion does not deserve praise. He was an abuser and I can’t believe people actually say he “CuRrEd My DePreSiOn” 

I don’t understand how people say that about him when he literally beat up a woman. I guess we should start calling POS “heroes” now. Let’s just idolize Chris Brown if we’re doing that now

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

On 7/18/2019 at 7:28 AM, psychonnect_rozen said:

Case in point, I remember when a friend had a beanie with Nookie on it for hat day at school before he was brought aside by the principal and told he couldn't wear it and why. Nookie is a pretty abstract phrase so it's no wonder none of us had an idea. 😅

Limp Bizkit were something else, and i'll never understand why someone who stanned the fuck out of NIRVANA and Pearl Jam was such a fan of said nu-metal band.

16 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Limp Bizkit were something else, and i'll never understand why someone who stanned the fuck out of NIRVANA and Pearl Jam was such a fan of said nu-metal band.

Honestly, it’s because of Limp Bizkit that Nu Metal became such a hated genre of music. Like there are so many great Nu Metal bands like Korn, Deftones, Slipknot and so much more. 

People do tend to think of Limp Bizkit when Nu Metal is mentioned. I can see why there hated and I don’t like them myself. But if you like them, then hey, more power to you

26 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Honestly, it’s because of Limp Bizkit that Nu Metal became such a hated genre of music. Like there are so many great Nu Metal bands like Korn, Deftones, Slipknot and so much more. 

People do tend to think of Limp Bizkit when Nu Metal is mentioned. I can see why there hated and I don’t like them myself. But if you like them, then hey, more power to you

I loved them, they had some really good songs, but they don't hold a candle to what came after. Lest we forget that Linkin Park is nu-metal.

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

I've personally never seen the point in keeping dogs indoors when they need space and it's not hygienic either.

Perhaps Americans cherish their animals in a different manner, but depending on the nature of the dog, they need you as much as you need them. Shiba Inu (and those huge ass Akitas) are a VERY difficult breed to take responsibility for. If you've ever met a Siberian/Alaskan Husky and their owner, they should be able to attest the maintenance required to keep dogs like these well groomed/behaved. Shiba's are very independent creatures (stubborn and eccentric too), but they are also one of the most loyal and caring breeds I have ever encountered, and so a dog that can be confident in itself and in me caring for it warrants a "part of the family" lifestyle.

Cities in the US also have several laws (depending on the municipality) that require keeping animals indoors most of the year, or at least some sort of roof over their head (shed/doghouse) to protect them from the elements, and with shitty neighbors keeping eyes on you and what you do/don't do, they may have the city come pay you a visit if you don't follow that. So, the cheapest (and I'm going to say safest as well) solution is to keep them indoors, while making sure that they get their share of outdoor exposure (walks, bathroom breaks, park visits). After a while the dogs become a part of the family right? I know that I wouldn't let my brother freeze his ass off outside, so the dog gets the same treatment (they both shed the same amount of hair too lol).

2 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Honestly, Limp Bizkit is the EXACT example of the kinda shit I'm talking about w/ juvenile lyrics ruining everything, instrumentally they're legit quite solid, it's just Fred Durst dragging everything down

- silent hill 4 wasn’t necessarily a bad game if you think about how being in a survival horror game would be just as stressful as it was to play sh4 at times.  it makes it more of an uncomfortable experience.  not including it in the hd remasters is criminal.

- the ost from later silent hill games are a lot better imo.  mainly bc it’s not primarily creaky sounds and things slamming around so i can actually listen to it more casually.

- all core title silent hill games have their moments.  purists are lame af.

- complaining about how jrpgs have adapted more of an action-based battle system makes you sound like an old man yelling at a cloud.

The space race is stupid and motivated by the wrong reasons.

Humanity isn't looking to space out of wonder and excitement at what lies in the cosmos. We're looking because we've messed up Earth's climate here and we're looking for a second chance on a new planet. We're going about this in the wrong order. Our planet is so rare and we haven't found another one like it. I don't see a point in returning to the moon because we can't make much of the floating asteroid.  Mars is the new hotness but I'm not keen on living in a bubble in a frozen desert. I want to go outside in a T-shirt and feel the sun on my skin the same way I do today. We need to figure out how to terraform a planet and cultivate nature from nothing before we look to another planet, and I honestly believe Venus is a better candidate than Mars. If you can reverse the runaway greenhouse effect on Earth, you can scale it up and test the same thing on Venus. It's easier to get to and more similar to Earth than Mars too. But the whole point is I don't see the point in turning Mars into Earth while we turn Earth into Mars, and we don't have the technology to move humanity to another planet in this lifetime. We need to triple down and take care of the planet we have, and learn how to terraform this planet first before worrying about how to get to another one. If the universe keeps expanding faster than the speed of light, we're going to need FTL travel sooner rather than later if we're serious about exploring the stars, and we're not close to this.

I fear all this talk of the new age space race is going to distract people from the problems at home.

15 hours ago, God said:

- complaining about how jrpgs have adapted more of an action-based battle system makes you sound like an old man yelling at a cloud.

but i am tho

but seriously SH4 was great

On 7/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, Kuro said:

I'd never let my cat be just outside, if I had the possibility. Aside from hunting I also see the other side like people poising cats (and also dogs) and all that crap. Nope. Never. And I'll never understand how people can do this to their cats (I'm on several cat forums and whenever someone starts like "I want to let them outside, they've never been" I'm like "why at all?").

Btw. ever lived with a cat that got raw fed? xDD

It's not exactly the same as a cat after hunting but to me it was a similar feeling when mine came to me right after eating. Even though I like the positive aspects of raw feeing.

Well, my parents live in the countryside and there's always been infants in the house so for them a cat is an outside pet due to hygiene and safety. My cats were always born and raised outside, they just can't be forcefully kept inside and they live in an area were there's not many other cats to run into, really.

PS: same reason to keep dogs outside. 

Edited by Komorebi

3 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Well, my parents live in the countryside and there's always been infants in the house so for them a cat is an outside pet due to hygiene and safety. My cats were always born and raised outside, they just can't be forcefully kept inside and they live in an area were there's not many other cats to run into, really.

PS: same reason to keep dogs outside. 

I mainly referred to those that get themselves cats that haven't been outside before so they wouldn't miss it.

I've heard too many heartbreaking stories of cat owners also those not from cities. Like cats being in the fields in summer, harvester-threshed in that same field, accident. That for sure doesn't go for all cats. And I also know of people who always lived with cats in that way (cats outside, people inside) who don't have that deep bonds. If cats die by this, well, that's natural, something along that line. But I also know of others who are heartbroken and I don't get why to exposing cats to that risk, if not necessary (I consider a cat that's been outside all their life before as necessary to be outside in the future, too).

Aside from this my cat suffers from several chronic diseases and needs medication on a regular base. It's hard to guarantee this when cats can be outside (it weren't an option for me anyway, big city, big apartment house). But from seeing so many people, seeing them worry how to establish such kinda medical routine when their cats get diagnosed with a disease and also by the risks that being outside helds (cats that only live outside usually don't get very old and that's for some reasons) I came to the conclusion to rather give cats a good living in a save environment. I don't blame people who don't do but I think those that get heartbroken easily by this should consider to change their mind in the future about it.

On 7/18/2019 at 12:53 AM, CAT5 said:

"Do whatever makes you happy". Also bullshit advice. Ask your local crackhead or alcoholic how that's working out for them. We're living in hell. Chasing happiness in hell doesn't seem like a good strategy. The fact that everyones chasing happiness is evidence enough, as it clearly shows you that happiness must not be the default state of this world if everyone is chasing after happiness to destract themselves from the fact that they're living in hell.  

I laugh at this because I've heard this many times, from many perspectives.

When someone tells me that I should "do what makes me happy", when the topic really needs involvement from those in the conversation, I rarely take this one-liner as sincere advice. I know that what they really mean is either "you're not gonna listen to what I say, so do whatever the fuck you want (but don't come bitching about this again later)" or "this is (probably) not a good idea/solution/process overall, but I'm not your keeper so you do you". Personally it's something I would not beat around the bush with, and just say straight to their face because well, it's reality (and everyone's living in it).

I'm also a cynical person, so take this with a grain of salt too. I see the people in this current world as nothing but shadows to someone else's life, and they secretly don't want to identify someones frustration/misery to their own (also maybe because they're living through someone else's idea of happiness and reality will fuck with that).

I'd also venture to say that people are desperate for happiness, and usually I feel that this desperation stems from a mistake/poor choice in their lives (possibly by their doing), where now they don't care where that happiness comes from but they'll take it. Sometimes it's not even their happiness they're indulging in, and in a fucked up way, that's people who say things like "I'm happy if you're happy" or "My happiness is your happiness". Not bashing on those people, but "happiness" is "achieved" in one form or another, and this direction is definitely not enough for me.

2 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I laugh at this because I've heard this many times, from many perspectives.

When someone tells me that I should "do what makes me happy", when the topic really needs involvement from those in the conversation, I rarely take this one-liner as sincere advice. I know that what they really mean is either "you're not gonna listen to what I say, so do whatever the fuck you want (but don't come bitching about this again later)" or "this is (probably) not a good idea/solution/process overall, but I'm not your keeper so you do you". Personally it's something I would not beat around the bush with, and just say straight to their face because well, it's reality (and everyone's living in it).

I'm also a cynical person so take this with a grain of salt too. I see the people in this current world as nothing but shadows to someone else's life, and they secretly don't want to identify someones frustration/misery to their own (also maybe because they're living through someone else's idea of happiness and reality will fuck with that).

I'd also venture to say that people are desperate for happiness, and usually I feel that this desperation stems from a mistake/poor choice in their lives (possibly by their doing), where now they don't care where that happiness comes from but they'll take it. Sometimes it's not even their happiness they're indulging in, and in a fucked up way, that's people who say things like "I'm happy if you're happy" or "My happiness is your happiness". Not bashing on those people, but "happiness" is "achieved" in one form or another, and this direction is definitely not enough for me.

I think I can relate to you here. I'm pretty blunt and assertive to pretty much everyone. Not harsh, just... forthright. Not everyone likes that, but as you said, you can't beat around the bush in these situations. It makes me sad how passive a lot of other people are because I always worry that they're not going to be able to stand up for themselves when they really need to. What makes me even sadder is that I learnt the hard way that I can't do it for them, or else they'll just end up depending on me and regressing even further into this state of being someone else's person. I just wonder where it all came from, and why some people are more resilient than others. Honestly, I should probably be dead by now given all the shite that's been flung my way, but for some reason I'm not and I guess that's why I felt that I had to stick up for everyone until I realised I couldn't. Everyone else thought I could, so I thought I should. I wonder if not being able to deal with that makes me stronger or weaker?

Sorry, think I went on a bit of a tangent there. 😕

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

I fear all this talk of the new age space race is going to distract people from the problems at home.

As the late great Curtis Mayfield said in a song,

"We can deal with rockets and dreams
But reality, what does it mean?"

Also, here's a relevant unpopular opinion: I don't even think we've been to space ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the internet needs to stop with the romanticizing of clinginess and possessiveness in relationships. it leads to so many abusive relationships yet people think it's normal so they stay, but these ideas that "my partner is my happiness, my world, my other half, etc" are so incredibly dehumanizing and WRONG and often end up in codependency. why aren't we teaching people to learn independence and at least some sense of self-worth and their own source of happiness before deciding to get into a relationship? why are we taught that we'll get those from our partners, rather than being two whole people coming to share their lives?

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

I just wonder where it all came from, and why some people are more resilient than others. Honestly, I should probably be dead by now given all the shite that's been flung my way, but for some reason I'm not and I guess that's why I felt that I had to stick up for everyone until I realised I couldn't.

There's no easy answer for that, and I for sure don't have it all figured out.

I've seen that same reality myself where there are people with a stronger willpower (these are people that can say no to drugs, go cold-turkey on a drug addiction and recover, bounce back into life after a break-up/ending a relationship, etc.) and can easily develop/or already have that formula that will allow them to organize their thoughts and not have them spill over when contemplating their life choices/decisions. At times I can do that, and I thank the years I spent in solitude growing up for this, but sometimes there are new scenarios that I can't deal with, and I realize my limitations. You mention trying to help others due to this, and from my point of view, do you think it's because we are trying to understand why people aren't like us? I know I have, and I also know then and there whether or not I can/should help them, and I'll tell them this. Most times its not what they want to hear, and I think it has more to do with never actually being told that that surprises them and leads to the confusion and anger, breaking that false reality of "friends" and "help".

It ties in with my perception of the "safe spaces" and "ted/free talks" of today, and idk.......I just get paranoid about what people will be like in 100 years.

@Zeus' thoughts on how there are/will no longer be individual geniuses in society (from his reasons) gave me the food for these thoughts too.

Perhaps I'm thinking too much in the long term idk, but if we plateau in the near future, I'll know exactly why.

10 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Vaping is stupid

Vaping tobacco maybe, but I'd say micro-dosing pot with a pen is great on-the-go.