psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

13 hours ago, God said:

i already knew all of that.  i dig your passion tho, but i don’t think i’ll ever get the bts thing.  i’ve looked into them quite a bit, browsed communities, listened to their music...but idk.  it’s just not happening for me.  jimin and v are extremely talented vocalists in particular, i can’t deny it.  but i think i’ve only genuinely enjoyed like 2-3 bts songs total.  

SORRY FOR THE LECTURE ^^;;;;; 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, libertine said:

Travelling is not important, enlightening or transformative. It's just another unstoppable global industry like entertainment and arms that has reached the critical mass necessary to distort reality.

This is true, but unfortunately there are no solutions to this. Increasing cost will just keep the lads home and let rich idiots bring the world to ruin instead, which is truly not better in anyway; and second, no sympathies should be had towards idiot locals wanting to keep their picture-esque towns forever in the year 1972 pure of foreigners, and same applies for gentrification which is a part of a far larger phenomenon and fighting it by restricting travel is just asinine. Almost all European cities look and feel exactly the same ( with the exception of a couple that've lagged behind for geopolitical reasons in the balkans and belarus/ukraine ) with their craft beer pubs and escape rooms and there's nothing anyone can do about it except invent new forms of resistance and subversion. 

I believe in hazing as effective quality control and I believe it builds character. 

No one asked my consent in bringing me to this world and therefore I will ask for none once I'm fit to leave it. The only thing that makes this life bearable to anyone who isn't totally stupid is the lifestyle of relative luxury our affluence has been able to achieve for a few people in the expense of everyone else in the global north, and I'm at a disbelief that still some idiots want to hype up this world by finding some mystical current running through their blood that'll make them more important than just cum trampling on the heads of others, or even worse, that we have some obligations to other people to stick around here when no one even asked if I wanted to join their shitty humanity club in the first place. Can you imagine if someone just told you one day that "hey, now you're a member of our gang of sungazers and how do you dare to leave us bro what about our feelings??" Burn self-help books and throw the people who read them into the bonfire immediately afterwards. 

Not necessarily an unpopular opinion since I know this is a sentiment some people share: the most poignant music of our age is what is stereotypically labeled as its most ignorant and violent. Making a song with three words repeated on distorted bass is by far less ignorant than releasing some new age rock opera trilogy on colored vinyl in 2019. I don't know how anyone has the patience for such pompous shit while earth is practically rotting right underneath them.

Edited by Disposable

On 7/15/2019 at 1:05 PM, Tokage said:

I think cats are garbage animals and I absolutely can't stand them. Fuck cats and fuck the owners letting their cats roam around outside. 

I agree with you alright. My gf has had outdoor cats her whole life, and myself having grown up with dogs that were always indoors besides taking them out for walks or a visit to the park, I can't fathom why a cat needs to be outside at all. I can tolerate an indoor cat being on my lap because I know its clean(er), but a cat that has been outside all day and possibly had an orgy or massive killing spree during that time (this is funny to those who read but I've seen it) to then come and decide it wants to rub it's filthy, probably tick infested or blood soaked body on me is a HELL NO. Several times one of the more psychotic fuckers bring us dead and alive rodents, birds, and rabbits back into the home and plop the thing on the table or on the floor where we can see it. My gf then tells me "Awwww, he considers you one of his own.....", like wtf? Nothing I enjoy more than feeling blood on my sock and the helpless cries of a rabbit/mouse as it dies in front of me /s.

OH,  and the other fucker? throws up EVERYTHING it doesn't like to eat (we've already confirmed it's not sick), but only AFTER jumping on the bed and getting comfortable, and I'm talking full course meal vomit, that sticks to the fabric and requires 2-3 straight washes to come off. I feel bad for a dog when they do it because you can see and feel the humiliation and shame in their eyes, but a cat? No, they just walk away in a "Clean that shit up. I'm gonna puke on that spot again later, bitch." like they own me.

As you can tell I have a disdain for them. Maybe I haven't met the right cat, but I've met some terrible ones so far to make me pass on getting anything more than a dog for now.

I don’t care for JJBA and I’m tired of hearing about it everyday.

My IPhone sucks dick and I would KILL for any new model android. Also, Apple is overrated as fuck and you can’t do shit on them

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

22 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

I can't fathom why a cat needs to be outside at all.

they get bored indoors if they already know there's a bigger available territory to roam out there (an exploration instinct, or something?), but they absolutely don't need to know that; I cringe so much when suburbian cat owners let their cats out because of coyotes (idc about birds, but mice potentially transmit a shitload of parasites and like lung worms and other "nature is very kawaii" infectia like smh you're grown adults, keep your cats in.

27 minutes ago, YuyoDrift said:

OH,  and the other fucker? throws up EVERYTHING it doesn't like to eat (we've already confirmed it's not sick), but only AFTER jumping on the bed and getting comfortable, and I'm talking full course meal vomit, that sticks to the fabric and requires 2-3 straight washes to come off.

have you tried, like, not messing with his diet than? just stick to literally same food he does eat fine, they don't need variety unless you see the beast nibbling on house plants or something, give him a multivitamin if you see that happening.

he's basically making a statement because he knows perfectly well you'll see the puke puddle, otherwise he'd just quietly retch somewhere behind the coach or something.

4 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

they get bored indoors if they already know there's a bigger available territory to roam out there (an exploration instinct, or something?), but they absolutely don't need to know that; I cringe so much when suburbian cat owners let their cats out because of coyotes (idc about birds, but mice potentially transmit a shitload of parasites and like lung worms and other "nature is very kawaii" infectia like smh you're grown adults, keep your cats in.

have you tried, like, not messing with his diet than? just stick to literally same food he does eat fine, they don't need variety unless you see the beast nibbling on house plants or something, give him a multivitamin if you see that happening.

he's basically making a statement because he knows perfectly well you'll see the puke puddle, otherwise he'd just quietly retch somewhere behind the coach or something.

If I were to get a cat, it stays inside. If they need a more open space, then I'd be willing to build a playground indoors to compromise. I forgot about the diseases on rats, so that drives my point even further.

Regarding the diet, I want to be clear that the cats do not belong to me. I have no obligation to monitor their eating habits or their dietary necessities, because I can't control (neither can they) whether or not they eat out of a trashcan/another cat's asshole on their little adventure outdoors. The cats are at her parents place, and they have always bought "budget" cat food, which I'm sure would have been fine in their youth, but these cats are entering 10-11 years of age. It could be that since the same brands aren't easily available (family are from the midwest as well), and cost too much to order/deliver online, they jumped on another cheap brand.

So was it their fault they didn't provide a variety of food types for the cat to eat, that now the same food is making it sick, but new food is making it worse? Probably, but nothing they can do now. I think vitamins are going to be out of the question until a vet tells them its necessary, they are that frugal.

My dogs back home (sadly I couldn't bring any of them, and felt they were in better care with my family) have always been fed properly and monitored like they were my kids, and they were some of the pickiest/stubborn shits I've met (shiba inu), but they have been conditioned to at least try food to let me know how it is. If they don't like it they walk away, so for me its odd that a cat does not do the same.

As a cat lover, I agree with everyone saying cats shouldn't be outdoor animals.

Pineapple on pizza is not trash but it isn't amazing either. It's just alright.

I don't like alcohol and don't get how it is necessary to drink it to have fun.

Why does every snack need a salted caramel flavor?

9 hours ago, ShTon said:

I don't like alcohol and don't get how it is necessary to drink it to have fun.

Alcohol is gross. It tastes like gasoline at best and piss at worst and the idea of getting drunk is one of the least appealing things in the world to me. The most positive thing I've heard about the taste of it is that it's an "acquired taste", which is another way of saying "you get used to it", which is another way of saying "it sucks but shut up and deal so you fit in".

There are two ways to hold hands: interlocking fingers and the other way that's basically just wrapping your hands around each other's. The first way is uncomfortable and it hurts your fingers if you squeeze too tightly and I don't get why everyone does it that way and not the other way.

Guacamole is disgusting. It's my least favourite food and makes me feel like I'm about to vomit each time I eat it (which is never, since I already tried it once).

Edited by Gesu

If you're a bleeding heart over every little thing you'll soon be bled dry. You only have so little time and energy already to start dying over every little thing that happens to some random person online that you don't know and you'll never meet. Yes, it's awful when someone dies, but that's what living things do; they die. Some things die far before their perceived time and others get to live a long time, but regardless we're all going to die some day. Death is a naturally occurring part of the world, so go about your day and don't sulk or be depressed over the death of someone who has had absolutely no effect on your life. If we died over every little injustice or bad thing that happened to everyone else we'd grow tired very quickly and lose our minds no doubt. Think of it as a form of person to person non-interventionism. 😉

In 2019 people don’t need pets anyway and they ought to be slowly phased out through bureoceatic permit jungle and intensive taxation. The industry is disgusting and the only people who need cats are people living deep in bumfuck countryside where rodents would eat the paint off of the walls if they could. Dogs serve more functions than just one but again, the permits should do their best in keeping them off of the hands of people who genuinely don’t need them. 

I’m on my phone so i’m too lazy to check it right now but afaik someone posted something here saying that cats don’t affect the bird population but as far as I know in finland it has been observed that it does and quick googling showed an article about the effect they’ve had in for example, australia. Either way it is a foreign species that does not belong to the local ecosystem and therefore it ought to not be there. 

While I agree completely @Disposable, some people are more of a hassle/could stir trouble for others/society if they didn't own a pet.

Hard to elaborate, but some people are so irresponsible with something like another life, that I'd rather (sorry guys) hear about an animal passing away from neglect/abuse/undernourishment than say, a baby or another adult. You hear about animals being fat, or out of shape, and if it can be noted, you see that same ignorance affect their children (and themselves).

On the upside, that's kinda why parents get animals for their kids, so they learn to bond and understand the value of taking care of someone else, and then the experiences that come when that animal passes away (naturally or otherwise). Kinda of like prepping you for life in small doses.

11 minutes ago, Disposable said:

In 2019 people don’t need pets anyway and they ought to be slowly phased out through bureoceatic permit jungle and intensive taxation. The industry is disgusting and the only people who need cats are people living deep in bumfuck countryside where rodents would eat the paint off of the walls if they could. Dogs serve more functions than just one but again, the permits should do their best in keeping them off of the hands of people who genuinely don’t need them. 

I’m on my phone so i’m too lazy to check it right now but afaik someone posted something here saying that cats don’t affect the bird population but as far as I know in finland it has been observed that it does and quick googling showed an article about the effect they’ve had in for example, australia. Either way it is a foreign species that does not belong to the local ecosystem and therefore it ought to not be there. 

Birds are a proven carrier of far more diseases than any domestic animal, 

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/61646.php

That having animals somehow correlates with abuse and neglect babies is a logical leap that maybe concern a tiny tiny minority in the US or something. In Europe and CIS countries people get just to get and the animals are rife on the streets dying and the same philosophy is often extended to children as well since who even has time for them outside of a few suburbs somewhere.

And what about illnesses? Introducing foreign species to ecosystems adversely  affects biodiversity and we’re only touching the long term effects of people turning the planet into an ikea parking lot.

Edited by Disposable

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

Alcohol is gross.

this as hell but I still drink wine coolers and vodka every now and then (I'm not a heavy drinker, I can only drink two glasses & then my head starts hurting lol)

10 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Water is boring and not even a top 10 drink 

Not gonna lie, I always ask if there's anything else to drink if I see a pitcher of water available lol.

Even funnier is I know a couple people who carry a Mio "water enhancer" around in their purse/car.

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

Not gonna lie, I always ask if there's anything else to drink if I see a pitcher of water available lol.

Even funnier is I know a couple people who carry a Mio "water enhancer" around in their purse/car.

I remember back in sixth grade, we'd just squirt those into our mouths with no water

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

1 hour ago, YuyoDrift said:

That shit is awful, just drink water or get a damned kool-aid packet. It'd taste better for sure.

I'd never let my cat be just outside, if I had the possibility. Aside from hunting I also see the other side like people poising cats (and also dogs) and all that crap. Nope. Never. And I'll never understand how people can do this to their cats (I'm on several cat forums and whenever someone starts like "I want to let them outside, they've never been" I'm like "why at all?").

Btw. ever lived with a cat that got raw fed? xDD

It's not exactly the same as a cat after hunting but to me it was a similar feeling when mine came to me right after eating. Even though I like the positive aspects of raw feeing.

Romantic love and the concepts of "being in/falling in/falling out of love" are some of the most dysfunctional ideas ever. Love is a verb. Either you do it or you don't. Fuck outta here with that other shit.

"Follow your heart" is some of the stupidest advice ever. People's hearts are full of all manner of sick, twisted inventions, and most of us decieve ourselves daily as to the contents thereof.

"Do whatever makes you happy". Also bullshit advice. Ask your local crackhead or alcoholic how that's working out for them. We're living in hell. Chasing happiness in hell doesn't seem like a good strategy. The fact that everyones chasing happiness is evidence enough, as it clearly shows you that happiness must not be the default state of this world if everyone is chasing after happiness to destract themselves from the fact that they're living in hell. 

We're living in a time where 60 years ago, there was no such thing as "organic" food. Why? Cuz all the food was organic back then. We're also living in a time where muhfuckaz is seriously debating if there are more than 2 genders, the family unit is being obliterated, the poor are still being shat on, everyone is depressed & anxious, and muhfuckaz  are becoming more divisive by the minute...you'd truly HAVE to believe that we evolved from some damn monkeys to think this world has progressed anywhere.  Anywhere good at least.

Any kind of fizzy drink is gross. Coke, Pepsi, Mountain Dew are all disgusting drinks.

I also hate it how alcohol as basically become the norm nowadays. Like you NEED to drink whenever your at a social affair or party. It’s the reason why I hate high school parties. I don’t wanna drink because I feel goddamn uncomfortable.