psychonnect_rozen

Unpopular Opinion

6 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Carrot cake is grody. I like carrots, I like cake, but fuck me if I'll ever eat a carrot cake. It's like putting fruit in chocolate bars. I like fruit and I like chocolate but please, just let me eat unhealthily for a bit.

I love Cadbury fruit and nut bars, but I'm not really a fan of raisinettes or anything else, like a chunky bar or something.

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

I love Cadbury fruit and nut bars, but I'm not really a fan of raisinettes or anything else, like a chunky bar or something.

Rasins are gross anyway lol. The only fruit that deserves to be with chocolate is bananas

3 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Bacon is gross

Ice Cream Cake is better than Regular Cake

I like Sword Art Online hehe

agree w all of this except sao, but i haven’t seen it.  separate i hate both ice cream and cake.  but i like ice cream cake?  🤔

12 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

12 hours ago, God said:

all of bts’s songs sound like generic radio music.  i don’t necessarily have anything against them, but i don’t get why they’re so popular.

Agree. Usually the bigger labels like YG literally make the same shit over and over

Oh! I can chime in on that. 

Let me preface this by saying that I like their early music more than what they do these days, it used to be more hiphop than pop, but I can't begrudge them their international success.

ANYWAY, first of all, Big Hit Entertainment, which they're signed under is NOT that big of a company, at least comparing to the industry giants like YG and SM. BTS is their only viral act. And if you know a bit about the underbelly of kpop, how much money can your label throw around, is basically 85% of your success. Initially that made them the underdog, coming up on top not because of money, which they didn't have, but on talent alone. 

Furthermore, they write some of their music/lyrics, which very very rarely happens in kpop AND some of those lyrics are pretty controversial by korean standards, criticising society and whatnot. 

Their MVs were also pretty popular for the entire choreography being shot in one take, which frankly, is pretty damn impressive (but probably had something to do with little funding). 

/end of a kpop rant no one asked about

I hate air conditioning. Anytime, anywhere. It just makes me ill and tends to make the room way colder than it should, plus you can just smell the dust it blows around and it helps spread colds. Honestly, death to it. 

10 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

I hate all cake that's not some kind of carrot, spice, double chocolate or cheesecake. 

find a local bakery that does this and some time to repent before you come back here x

I have never understood the appeal to those boxy, loose-ish trousers a lot of girls wear that stop just above the ankle. Idk if they have a proper name, but I just never really liked them.

1 minute ago, Gesu said:

I have never understood the appeal to those boxy, loose-ish trousers a lot of girls wear that stop just above the ankle. Idk if they have a proper name, but I just never really liked them.

LOL I have like 5 pairs of those, they're super comfortable ^^

12 hours ago, spockitty said:

Oh! I can chime in on that. 

Let me preface this by saying that I like their early music more than what they do these days, it used to be more hiphop than pop, but I can't begrudge them their international success.

ANYWAY, first of all, Big Hit Entertainment, which they're signed under is NOT that big of a company, at least comparing to the industry giants like YG and SM. BTS is their only viral act. And if you know a bit about the underbelly of kpop, how much money can your label throw around, is basically 85% of your success. Initially that made them the underdog, coming up on top not because of money, which they didn't have, but on talent alone. 

Furthermore, they write some of their music/lyrics, which very very rarely happens in kpop AND some of those lyrics are pretty controversial by korean standards, criticising society and whatnot. 

Their MVs were also pretty popular for the entire choreography being shot in one take, which frankly, is pretty damn impressive (but probably had something to do with little funding). 

/end of a kpop rant no one asked about

i already knew all of that.  i dig your passion tho, but i don’t think i’ll ever get the bts thing.  i’ve looked into them quite a bit, browsed communities, listened to their music...but idk.  it’s just not happening for me.  jimin and v are extremely talented vocalists in particular, i can’t deny it.  but i think i’ve only genuinely enjoyed like 2-3 bts songs total.  

Edited by God
i remembered jimin and v

True unpopular opinion coming thru.....................

I think cats are garbage animals and I absolutely can't stand them. Fuck cats and fuck the owners letting their cats roam around outside. 

6 minutes ago, Tokage said:

True unpopular opinion coming thru.....................

I think cats are garbage animals and I absolutely can't stand them. Fuck cats and fuck the owners letting their cats roam around outside. 

I feel the same way about dogs.

27 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

I feel the same way about dogs.

at least dogs don't kill billions of birds a year

however i'll at least agree with the statement if it's narrowed down to ''dogs the size of a handbag or smaller'', fuck those too

Edited by Tokage

5 minutes ago, Tokage said:

at least dogs don't kill billions of birds a year

however i'll at least agree with the statement if it's narrowed down to ''dogs the size of a handbag or smaller'', fuck those too

Fuck birds, yes they're cute, but not as great as cats, except owls, love those and the only dogs I care for are traditional Japanese breeds, Malamutes, huskies and smaller breeds, especially poms.

6 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

Fuck birds, yes they're cute, but not as great as cats, except owls, love those and the only dogs I care for are traditional Japanese breeds, Malamutes, huskies and smaller breeds, especially poms.

i used to think this too, but now i’ve been around a bird for like a year?   they’re really amazing and so interactive in a different way than cats are.  so now i love both birds and cats the same way.  😂

4 minutes ago, God said:

i used to think this too, but now i’ve been around a bird for like a year?   they’re really amazing and so interactive in a different way than cats are.  so now i love both birds and cats the same way.  😂

I grew up on the edge of a forest and with nature, so I've had my fair share of them, but I'd pick cats over birds.

Just now, secret_no_03 said:

I grew up on the edge of a forest and with nature, so I've had my fair share of them, but I'd pick cats over birds.

parrots are something else though.  i’m not sure how to put into words.  they’re really intelligent and tend to chime in on things.  ours laughs sometimes when we laugh at smth.  she also really loves dbz and vk pvs, especially b.r.n, she loses her shit.  it’s sorta like having a person around but in a bird’s body.  most parrots are raised by humans, so they pick up human characteristics.  some of them have human-like lifespans, too.

Just now, God said:

parrots are something else though.  i’m not sure how to put into words.  they’re really intelligent and tend to chime in on things.  ours laughs sometimes when we laugh at smth.  she also really loves dbz and vk pvs, especially b.r.n, she loses her shit.  it’s sorta like having a person around but in a bird’s body.  most parrots are raised by humans, so they pick up human characteristics.  some of them have human-like lifespans, too.

I'll definitely agree that they're a level above, as I've never had one I have no point of reference, but yeah, that sounds crazy.

If you use the words SJW or Libtards in an argument then I won’t listen. Same thing if you call someone a “Nazi”.

Might sound popular, but every Late Night host except for Conan is obnoxious and unfunny (looking at you Kimmel)

Overrated is an overused term for people who just have no solid reason to dislike something. 

“Forced Diversity” is complete bullshit and having a POC or LGBT character in a show isn’t “Propaganda”

The Right is just as equally offended as the Left

Anti SJW’s are more annoying than actual SJW’s

The Last Jedi wasn’t the best but it wasn’t BAD either. It’s overhated imo

Even though its a REALLY hot topic, I genuinely don’t care that much for American Politcs. It’s gotten to the point where I can’t keep up anymore and I am genuinely uninterested. Don’t care for Trump, don’t care for anyone really. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

The idea that all media should be 'accessible' to everyone is stupid. I'm not talking about 'lol imma hoard these secret rarez'-accessible, but rather the kind of stuff you sometimes see with video- or board games for example where people complain about how '[X] is too hard for me to get into, so it's bad!', sometimes stretching it to the point that things are therefor somehow oppressive/ableist/whatever.

It kinda feels like people have forgotten that things like 'target audiences' are a thing. If you constantly find you're having difficulty with getting the hang of something, be it a game, book, movie or whatever, maybe you're just not the target audience, and that should be fine - we live in a world where there's TONS of other alternatives available to try out instead. This idea that everything needs to be as entry level as possible just feels like entitlement from people towards a product that they didn't even create themselves