-NOVA-

DIMLIM Gt. Ryuya and Ba. Taishi will depart

9 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

their 3rd, improved and enhanced, line-up? 👀

i'll be more than happy if it turned out like that~

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

What do you mean by "done" @Demivee?

From his official statement (Google translate): "As a member, as an artist, I am not qualified to stand on the stage with a feeling that I am half-hearted, and I offered to withdraw from the thought that it would cause excessive inconvenience to the members and customers who are supporting me. "

And as @Duwangstated it seems that he had 0 motiviation to play in this band anymore.

Edited by Demivee

The news got me down hard.

I don't know...seems like everyone will be stuck playing the 2nd fiddle to Retsu, which really isn't an issue, creatively, but essentially bands are a business, too, and that's the side of the coin that Retsu neglects quite a bit and unless he eases off the reins, I don't think they will be able to grow. Releases and live shows few and far between...pretty much radio silence for the most part.

And, yeah, Satoshi would be the perfect guy to take helm and try to actually take the band somewhere.

for real? man, that sucks...

they were my visual-kei hope...😭

Now I‘m eagerly anticipating the direction they‘ll go to

no more guitar-noodlings anymore?

Edited by cheesy_VK_Freak

21 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

but essentially bands are a business, too, and that's the side of the coin that Retsu neglects quite a bit and unless he eases off the reins, I don't think they will be able to grow. Releases and live shows few and far between...pretty much radio silence for the most part.

Idk where ya'll got the idea that Retsu is some sort of control freak because he really isn't. Just because he had a spat with Issei and became the main composer after he left the band doesn't mean he's doing literally everything himself and not letting the others get in his way.

Them not playing often and not having releases often has nothing to do with Retsu taking the lead, rather none of them know how to manage a band and they don't have money.

23 minutes ago, 123Sandman321 said:

but essentially bands are a business, too, and that's the side of the coin that Retsu neglects quite a bit

2 genders of MH:

-- seething at $50 live only dimlim demo CDs

-- seething at dimlim business-side neglect 

jfc this sucks.  i’m gonna be bummed af if their music takes a shitty turn or like, just kinda stops all together.  such a damn shame.

16 minutes ago, Duwang said:

Idk where ya'll got the idea that Retsu is some sort of control freak because he really isn't. Just because he had a spat with Issei and became the main composer after he left the band doesn't mean he's doing literally everything himself and not letting the others get in his way.

Them not playing often and not having releases often has nothing to do with Retsu taking the lead, rather none of them know how to manage a band and they don't have money.

Fair enough, compared to you, I do lack the information, but the result is still the same.

1 hour ago, nekkichi said:

has Satoshi/Milk signed for another flop act because it might be ha chance at grabbing good mitsu dollar;

sucks that the qt one left though.

Was thinking the same thing tbh

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat :(

I really hope they'll be able to find new members and will still continue for a long time... They're so good, they absolutely cannot stop now

5 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Oh ok the satoshi part threw me off I didnt know that was his name 

he basically dropped d.i.d. more or less early, before issei, tohma and other session members sashayed away; I'm not sure if she's gonna be back to that name tho tbh, I think I've seen her mentioned around (session bands, or something?) as milk after clackclack announced their disband.

Edited by nekkichi

Can someone elaborate on Ryuya's departure from a musical/musician's standpoint?

Does he feel his performance has plateaued with the current music style of band, or if his outlook on whether or not he is a good guitarist at all hit him so hard that he's calling it quits? It's always hard to digest Japanese formality, and so nuances on whether or not they are leaving on good terms or not doesn't interest me.

I'm more interested on the music's sound, and how that comes back to the musician and their current state.

I really feel for the guy, as any musician who prides themselves in their work would be crushed if they suddenly realized that they might be the reason for the future stagnation of the band, or if they know that this is all they can do and suddenly realize the gap in talent within the other members as time goes on. It really screws me up that guitarists are always the ones that seem to always have this internal conflict within themselves and find leaving the band or retiring completely as the easy way out.

As far as the replacements go, tempos and rhythms can be matched in terms of performance, for both guitar and bass. What can't be replaced is the flow and scaling, which for those who had already pointed out, seems to have been tapped out with the current lineup. It definitely explains why the latest single was sporadic, and I had a feeling that they would get worse on the next release.

This news is terrible, but the fact the others will continue activities brought up these thoughts and I wonder if they were being limited in progression in the first place?

12 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Latino fans on FB be like: omg what a great loss, the band will never be the same without Ryuya, is this the end o Dimlim?!

ok me

Alright,so if nothings gonna change music-wise, I'm ok.it apparently won't be like Deviloof and nokubura,which lost one of their main composes.

Hope DIMLIM stay solid and Ryuya can find his path, it's the second good band I see him jumping out from.

Edited by Euronymous