-NOVA-

DIMLIM Gt. Ryuya and Ba. Taishi will depart

Ugh damn.. Ryuya was my favourite. Lucky I just snagged a shirt with his signature on it ;-;

Judging from the announcement, it seems they're leaving on relatively good terms at least?

Edited by Paraph

Oh wow, that came out of nowhere.

I'm quite shocked.. :(

The official statement offers that Taishi leaves due to illness issues and Ryuya seems to be literally done with DIMLIM.

As I'm pretty sure that DIMLIM will continue after their Oneman I'm quite worried if they can sustain their actual sound. They created such an individual and perfect sound until now that I'm not sure if a replacement will work out.

Just saw this on Twitter, this really sucks. I hope this doesn't affect the quality of what they have been putting out recently. Visual-kei bands really suck ass when it comes to staying together, wish it wasn't treated like a part-time job. Obviously the industry works differently but still it's really annoying.

I'm not at all surprised about Ryuya leaving, but Taishi is a bit of a shock for me. I've known he's had health issues for a while but I didn't think it was getting to such a point that he'd be quitting music. He's always feeling his oats on stage.

Ryuya's been dropping some pretty strong hints for a while, though. For several months now he's had little no to motivation at lives, and while the others don't really update SNS that much, he completely stopped for a while other than retweeting announcements. In addition, he looked 100% done at their live on Monday. My friends who are fans of his left that live feeling really down and disappointed.

I feel bad saying this because he's a nice dude but Ryuya's a very mediocre guitarist and it sounds like he's admitted defeat. You can get better bro, you're still young.

so one of the few good vk bands is left without its half huh

what's next, surprise me

31 minutes ago, Duwang said:

I feel bad saying this because he's a nice dude but Ryuya's a very mediocre guitarist and it sounds like he's admitted defeat. You can get better bro, you're still young.

It's upsetting if there was too much pressure to remain and learn quick, or that he himself just felt he wasn't up to par. I hope he does well in whatever he chooses next.

Edited by Paraph