Masato

Johnny from Johnny's died

The only thing I can recall w/ AKB related to scandals of this nature was this. Take it w/ a heavy grain of salt, as the book being referenced in the article was written w/ an agenda in mind and not very "source-driven". This is besides the plethora of other issues w/ handshake events, hazing, etc. Those aren't of sexual nature though and really stem from the rabid fans.

One of the more substantial confessions that was pretty recent was a round-table interview w/ some execs/producers and a woman who is in the AV industry. She claimed that w/o a doubt that one of the companies behind a major j-idol anime (V.A/seiyuu) was implicated in makura eigyo/"pillow sales" b/c she had a friend who is part of said group. She was immediately scolded by one of the other interviewees. I wish I could find the article, but I forgot the name of it :/.  Here it is (in the middle of typing this up): https://kotaku.com/adult-video-star-talks-about-the-casting-couch-in-the-a-1835319789

Anyway, this kind of deviates from the main topic.

Edited by colorful人生

23 hours ago, Shmilly said:

A lot of disrespect on this thread. Regardless of what he may or may not have been guilty of, this is a man who has just died, and someone widely respected who helped shape not only the careers of some of Japan's most popular artists but the whole industry(ies) they work in at that.

Pedophile apologist.

rest in piss.

1 hour ago, herpes said:

Pedophile apologist.

rest in piss.

Apparently the same people who are quick to shame a man who has just died are the same people who are quick to judge someone they have never met over a single comment on the internet.

In no way do I condone pedophilia or any form of harrassment. I think it's a hateful crime and show of disrespect another human being. In fact, my own (ex-)girlfriend was molested in Japan and despite going to the police about it it was just one person's word against another so nothing came of it. That was one of the most trying times in my life so far, feeling so powerless to do anything about the situation.

The nature of my comment was just to say, let's respect that regardless of who a person was there must be numerous people, be it family, friends or coworkers, who are saddened by that news. As far as I'm concerned, it's a shame when anyone dies because that loss ripples through so many others' lives.

And I also think it's possible to respect someone's professional success while divorcing that respect from your disgust towards anything that happened in their private lives. If a popular actor is embroiled in a rape or adultery scandal, that doesn't make them any less of a great actor, it just makes them a shitty human being.

6 hours ago, Shmilly said:

Apparently the same people who are quick to shame a man who has just died are the same people who are quick to judge someone they have never met over a single comment on the internet.

In no way do I condone pedophilia or any form of harrassment. I think it's a hateful crime and show of disrespect another human being. In fact, my own (ex-)girlfriend was molested in Japan and despite going to the police about it it was just one person's word against another so nothing came of it. That was one of the most trying times in my life so far, feeling so powerless to do anything about the situation.

The nature of my comment was just to say, let's respect that regardless of who a person was there must be numerous people, be it family, friends or coworkers, who are saddened by that news. As far as I'm concerned, it's a shame when anyone dies because that loss ripples through so many others' lives.

And I also think it's possible to respect someone's professional success while divorcing that respect from your disgust towards anything that happened in their private lives. If a popular actor is embroiled in a rape or adultery scandal, that doesn't make them any less of a great actor, it just makes them a shitty human being.

iBDn6eM.gif

17 hours ago, Shmilly said:

No and no.