Flame-X

LUNA SEA

True, and i like Luna sea more than X. I love Vanishing Vision and Blue blood, but they don't even play those songs anymore, while i don't give a crap what Luna sea plays. From the first album to last, i think they maintained a standart of excellence, though i have to admit, that i haven't exactly explored every release they have. They could play 1.40 hour long version of GENESIS OF MIND for all i care :D

While SUGIZO doing tour with X JAPAN, JAME had a chance interviewed him about LUNA SEA's mini world tour.

The most interesting part when he said in his interview:

Why were these specific locations chosen? Do you think one location in Europe and the US is enough for the fans?

SUGIZO: This tour is just a first time for us—but it won’t be the last time! We didn’t want to do too much for this tour. A single show's meaning, just like that one show three years ago at Tokyo Dome, is extremely important. Los Angeles is the center of world music and entertainment. As for Germany, Germans really love Japanese music and really want to have it. So these single shows in each area are extremely important.

Do you think there’s a chance of new LUNA SEA songs in the near future?

SUGIZO: Yes of course! We are writing new songs right now.

complete interview: http://www.jame-world.com/us/articles-6 ... a-sea.html

source

"Do you think there’s a chance of new LUNA SEA songs in the near future?

SUGIZO: Yes of course! We are writing new songs right now."

now that's the awesome part.

I don't like the idea at all. I've heard about 50-70 re-recordings, and out of all those I can only think of one worth listening to. And even that one isn't 1/100 as good as the original recording. And the reason they recorded it was because they released it as an EP because of lack of money, but they had all songs ready for an album. So they did it to be able to release 10 songs with the same sound instead of an EP with 5. And they brought in the line up that recorded the original in 84, which rules. And they didn't try to make it more up to date either.

But yeh. I will check it out, but I think the chance of it being worth keeping is small. I imagine them taking away the charm and heart of the album, and most likely modernize it with a shitty production and all.

Lol, I guess I'm one of the few people who doesn't get the "charm" of badly produced indies debuts of bands that eventually got huge. I can't honestly think of a single one I like, or rather, like enough that I wouldn't want it touched.

But Sugizo said that whatever it is they're working on now reminds them of that first album, so they felt like redoing it. He also said they had like, 15 new songs in demo form. So I imagine an actual NEW album will follow shortly.

Yeah, to each their own, I guess. It's just like I don't get the charm of trigged/triggered drums that goes KLIKK KLIKK KLIKK KLIKK, production that sounds "perfect" and so clean you can hear every single detail in one listen, and that sounds like it was just programmed on a computer and so on.

For me, re-recordings tend to remove every single emotion that originally was in the music. It always ends up sounding uninspired and lame. Not my cup of tea, really. But I will check it out and hopefully it'll be good. But I doubt it. And if it end up sucking, I'll just delete it and keep listening to the original once a year or so. It's not a problem like that.

I don't see myself going out of my way to actually get this new album. Not that it wouldn't be interesting to hear, but because I find it useless to buy another copy of something I already have at just a higher price. Perhaps rather than just better production quality they would be new, improved, updated "evolutions" of the songs which could either turn out badly or epically.

I was more looking forward to the "new material" as in actual newly written songs, so this release was rather anti-climactic to be honest but I guess beggars can't be choosers :|. (Although I find it highly ironic I was discussing the release of something like this in earlier pages of the thread).

so what do people here think about them re-recording their first album? i think it's fantastic

I think it's great too. Although I'm already quite used to the bad production of the album, I've always wanted to hear new version of some of my favorites - probably why I enjoy when I can hear songs like SHADE and BLUE TRANSPARENCY live rather than in studio. Kind of excited for the new TIME IS DEAD, FATE, PRECIOUS... and MOON too.

yes, if it's like really in studio and

re-recording it from scratch, then i am all for it.

Maybe they will do some new interpretation of songs in it.

but if it's remastered, i kinda worried.

yes, if it's like really in studio and

re-recording it from scratch, then i am all for it.

Maybe they will do some new interpretation of songs in it.

but if it's remastered, i kinda worried.

no it's supposed to be completely re-recorded.

I saw them. Their performance of Nightmare was stunning. I really, really hope a studio version of that song will be added as a bonus on the re-recording of their debut album.