Flame-X

LUNA SEA

On 11/10/2015 at 3:36 PM, Saishu said:

Yeah, I know, it's a fan favorite. To me it's just a huge blemish on my favorite album.

On 11/10/2015 at 9:58 AM, Saishu said:

I don't like WISH.

wat-the-fuck-meme-mashup-picard-14325117

4 hours ago, saishuu said:

so guys, what's your favorite LUNA SEA album

For me it's a tie between IMAGE and STYLE. They both have some of my favorite tracks.

Image is my favourite album easily. All the songs are really great on it and I love the earlier raw sound of Luna Sea. Especially Ryuichi's vocals changed after the Image, which is a shame really /: I guess they dropped their VK look too after the album(?)

I also like their first self-titled album, because the sound is pretty similar to Image and also Shine is among my favourites. Shine has got a cool atmosphere that continues through the album.

Probably in the second semester? I hope they announce something during their Budokan gig in May. SUGIZO seems busy with X stuff (not sure if the Wembley concert has taken place yet), INORAN only has a concert in early May and J will be touring until the end of June, so who knows.

10 hours ago, saishuu said:

INORAN only has a concert in early May

He also have a two-man concert with SUGIZO two dates in Japan the 9th and11th June and two overseas dates the 17th in Hong Kong and the 24th in Singapore

Thanks for bringing this topic up again. I guess I need to go revisit Image now : )

Somehow I doubt LUNA SEA is big enough for a proper world tour.

12 hours ago, drnic010 said:

It has indeed and it was awesome :) Best gig I've ever been to! I'm really hoping for another LUNA SEA world tour soon and (fingers crossed) this time they come to England!

Seeing LUNA SEA live is still a dream I'll probably never get to fulfill. Please come to Brazil, senpais ):

By the way, IMAGE is not my favorite album, but it has my favorite LS song ever - SEARCH FOR REASON. Overall I absolutely love the rawness and depth of the album as whole; it's pretty incredible how quite a few songs from it still hold their own to this day and still get me pumped no matter how many times I've heard or seen it being performed, like Dejavu and WISH.

I can never listen to just one song from IMAGE. To me the whole album is a thing of it's own. Your feels kind of getting carried along song after song. There certainly is some special magic in early Luna Sea. They got this pretty unique minimalistic approach to their songs that I think they kinda lost after IMAGE imo.

For some reason I've always liked Mechanical Dance the most on that album, no idea where that comes from. Also I once saw a live version of Vampire's Talk that was just too awesome.

On 3/19/2017 at 5:03 AM, Takadanobabaalien said:

Yeah I saw them in Germany. Shit was lit af. Definitely hoping for a new world tour as well

Jealous! I wish they would come to the UK

On 20/07/2016 at 10:16 PM, Xetem said:

The original. PRECIOUS is my favorite LUNA SEA song. 

This is one of the songs I always come back to when I want to introduce people unfamiliar with classic VK to the genre but I always feel like Ryuichi shouting at the start makes for a really embarrassing first impression

Can we discuss how SHINE is not actually that bad of an album and most importantly how much of a bop MILLENNIUM is?

Edited by saishuu

SHINE has to be the only LUNA SEA album that I just cannot tolerate whatsoever. :-(  (well, A WILL is a close second)

The songs "SHINE", "STORM" and "MILLENNIUM" are some of my eternal favorites tho, so wtf.

Edited by Jigsaw9

Yeah, me and a friend discussed this just the other week. 

I was like: "Shine is definitely their worst album... There's not that many really good songs, only: Time has come, Storm, Shine, I for you, Millenium, No pai... wait this is almost the entire album :v".

It's not bad, I just prefer every other album much more. 

Yeah, it's only weak if compared to their other work I think. I've been listening to it a lot this last week and there's nothing I actually dislike, although there are still a few lame spots here and there. I honestly think its weaker spot is just the short combo of forgettable tracks near the end, namely VELVET, Love Me and UP TO YOU; not BREATHE though, it's forever one of their prettiest songs. Everything from Time Has Come up to ANOTHER and MILLENNIUM is terrific.

Edited by saishuu

I’ve been listening to Mother a lot lately. Granted, for ir my taste they could be a tad bit heavier (which is why in future and Rosier are one of my favourites), but I like the album a lot. 

Edited by AwesomeNyappy

4 hours ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

I’ve been listening to Mother a lot lately. Granted, for ir my taste they could be a tad bit heavier (which is why in future and Rosier are one of my favourites), but I like the album a lot. 

It gets even better over time.

Found myself watching a bunch of their live performances on YouTube yesterday and it's pretty crazy how seeing them play the same songs over and over never gets old. Still got chills watching ROSIER and TONIGHT even after all this time.

Their 2013 Budokan live DVD is insanely good btw. Incredible energy from the entire band.

Edited by saishuu