Flame-X

LUNA SEA

I really wish they would do world tour again, ugh!

Also, few weeks ago, Sugizo was in Jakarta, Indonesia. Not sure what for though.

For the 40th anniversary of of the franchise Gundam, them and others artists will collaborate on a project including old and new Gundam songs, and don't think they will realase new material for the next years coz they are busy with their solo careers.

But maybe we will have a surprise for theirs 30th anniversary at the end  of their two concerts on December 22 and 23

so what song have you guys heard this week that never fully caught your attention before but finally clicked with you?

mine's SANDY TIME

4 hours ago, saishuu said:

guys, listen

i love luna sea

Hide contents

just been watching some random live performances as i usually do lmao slave is such a fantastic song jfc

Same happened to me with this song.

so I've given CROSS quite a few listens now and I think I actually like it? it was rough at first listen, but it's grown on me and I might actually like it better than both A WILL and LUV as a whole. sure it's more dad-rock oriented and there's not really anything new or close to their 90's era, but I'm finding it to be a pleasant experience for what it is. as for songs, so far PHILIA, You're knocking at my door, 宇宙の詩 〜Higher and Higher 〜, anagram and 静寂 are my favorites.

I don't really enjoy new album :( A WILL had some great powerful track, but their next ones are, hmmm, quite boring? Maybe too much vibrato in Ryuichi voice? I don't know, but I listen A WILL so many times and I like it a lot. It's sad for me that my beloved band released that weak (for me of course) album :(

3 hours ago, Takbardzozly said:

I don't really enjoy new album :( A WILL had some great powerful track, but their next ones are, hmmm, quite boring? Maybe too much vibrato in Ryuichi voice? I don't know, but I listen A WILL so many times and I like it a lot. It's sad for me that my beloved band released that weak (for me of course) album :(

Ryuichi's voice was wrecked in some of the tracks in CROSS, probably due to his cancer/surgery? some of the early tracks have some obvious work on them in order to make him sound better (too bad it didn't). I actually really like A WILL, but CROSS just works better as an album to me. I just learned to enjoy their washed out sound I guess, it feels comfortable to me. I can always go enjoy their older albums anyway.

51 minutes ago, saishuu said:

Ryuichi's voice was wrecked in some of the tracks in CROSS, probably due to his cancer/surgery? some of the early tracks have some obvious work on them in order to make him sound better (too bad it didn't). I actually really like A WILL, but CROSS just works better as an album to me. I just learned to enjoy their washed out sound I guess, it feels comfortable to me. I can always go enjoy their older albums anyway.

Ryuichi sings similarly in his old age to Morrie from Dead End. Both used to scream more in their early albums, but now they try to sing more opera-like.

But I will give CROSS more time in my music player.

I enjoyed all the recent albums so far. The only downside for me is Ryuchi's vibrato. It got really cringy when listening to The LUV.

2 hours ago, Takbardzozly said:

Ryuichi sings similarly in his old age to Morrie from Dead End. Both used to scream more in their early albums, but now they try to sing more opera-like.

But I will give CROSS more time in my music player.

I agree. Morrie is strained as hell though, Ryuichi seems to have better control. It's pretty clear he had to adapt his singing style after being careless for much of LUNA SEA's early career, but now it seems he's taking even further.

As for CROSS and the other post-reunion albums, I don't even disagree with people who say they sound bad. I just have an easier time enjoying them, that's all. LUNA SEA is comfort music to me regardless of which album I listen to.

4 hours ago, saishuu said:

As for CROSS and the other post-reunion albums, I don't even disagree with people who say they sound bad. I just have an easier time enjoying them, that's all. LUNA SEA is comfort music to me regardless of which album I listen to.

You're right, LUNA SEA is very special band, but nowadays Ryuichi exaggerating with vibrato :D

3 hours ago, Takbardzozly said:

You're right, LUNA SEA is very special band, but nowadays Ryuichi exaggerating with vibrato :D

yeah, it bothers me too lol but at this point it's probably pointless to expect him to change that

I have to admit that I'm also not that fond of their post-reunion releases (Even though there are many treasures like Lost World, Yamibi, Rouge, etc..)

Their music got kinda slow and not that over-creative as before but it is nevertheless still on a high level.

But what I really love about this band is that they never forget/ban an era of them. They try to give every album a spotlight in their liveshows and blend the new songs perfectly in that. Heck they even play some obscure demo songs as their Lunacy alter ego (And Ryuichi still pulls that SEARCH FOR REASON scream like 30 years ago).

So they never bomb us with their new songs but expand their perfect back cataloge with them and I think that is the best what they can do in this state of the band.