Flame-X

LUNA SEA

On 31/3/2017 at 7:47 AM, drnic010 said:

EDIT: Oh btw, my favourite song on that album is the title track. The only song I've ever heard that both fades out and ends naturally at the same time lol.

This is so true, I love that about that song too. Glad to see someone appreciate it as well <3

LUNA SEA is my favourite band, so I had to read this thread from page 1 all over again and enjoyed all the stuff you'all had to say about the band.

I don't know why A WILL is underrated though, I loved that album, more than SHINE at least LOL.

So, moving on to actual news, I assume you'all know that they are gonna release their new album on December 20th? It's called LUV... the name is a bit tacky, but hopefully it'll be a worthy addition to their discography.

EDIT: I just remembered something I really hated from A WILL... Why, oh WHY did they felt the need to auto tune Ryuichi's voice on Metamorphosis??? Auto tuning Ryuichi's voice is like taking the most beautiful girl of the class and cover her face with a BALZAC paper bag wtf. Worst moment of their discography, gotta say :C

Edited by niivozombie

Anyone remember The FLARE? I rediscovered their album this last week and although it wasn't anything mindblowingly great and original, it was still so good and such an easy listen. It's aged pretty well too considering it came out over a decade ago. I with it had lasted longer and the vocalist (YUNA? idk) stayed around.  ):

Favorite song has got to be STAR LIGHT:

Edited by saishuu

Just wanted to post this here.

I rarely watch whole live DVDs or recorded concerts anymore, just randomly browsing songs on YT, so I haven't seen this one before either. But DAMN, do these guys go hard here. One of the most energetic and fun performances of ROSIER ever imo, watching it now for like the 4th time. :D 

I've been watching these recent live videos (the ones with Chinese subs) for weeks now and they are SO GOOD! The TONIGHT performance from this same live is killer as well.

Also fell in love with another song from A WILL, this time 銀ノ月, which I never really cared about. Ryuichi in particular makes it so good.

So, what's everyone's favorite song off LUV so far?

Mine have got to be The LUV, piece of a broken heart and 闇火, but I think I like pretty much all of them. lol I don't even mind the drum solo.

闇火 IS SO FUCKING GOOD

The album's been pretty much all I've listened to since it came out. It's indeed a lot better than A WILL.

Also I need to say that Ryuichi absolutely killed it in this CD, he's sounding amazing.

So the album has been out for a couple of months now, what's everyones opinion? 

I like it, it's much better than A WILL, and this comes from someone who likes that album as well.

It's hard to choose favorite songs but Limit / The LUV / Miss Moonlight are some of my favorite tracks at least. I just wish they had included Lost World on the album as it's my favorite track since their reunion. 

1 hour ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

why are so many foreign fans sleeping on this band who's been active since the 80's? i never got it

they're not pretty and they don't scream, J alone can't carry LUNA SEA to foreign stardom on his looks alone...

10 minutes ago, AwesomeNyappy said:

I just know their old albums...but from what I gathered from here that is probably a good thing...?

It's not. They still release quality music to this day. It might not hold up to their peak, but it's still good.

I still couldn't gather the willpower to listen to LUV, after those two cringey 'dads wanna be hip'-production meh-fest songs I've heard... 😕