Flame-X

LUNA SEA

LUNA+SEA+a37coverbf8.jpg

* Vocals: RYUICHI

* Guitar, Violin: SUGIZO

* Guitar: INORAN

* Bass: J

* Drums: Shinya

Read more: http://www.jame-world.com/us/database-artists-biography-50-luna-sea.html#ixzz0tv5u1Sbk

One of the legendary rock bands in Japan. Even though they disbanded 10 years ago (2000), their music still holds up better than today's standards.

If you still haven't listened to them, then what's your damn excuse?

It's fun to keep up their stuff on Twitter, like when they tell what happened that day in their history. Can't wait to see what they are going to do with Re:boot; I haven't checked their site recently - what have they all planned so far?

If you still haven't listened to them, then what's your damn excuse?
I don't know where to start. I'm definitely interested though. Suggestions?

Where not to start? :P

As for albums, I think Mother and Style are two of the best albums EVER.

As for individual songs, there are just too many. Genesis of Mind, Gravity, Rosier, Storm, End of Sorrow, In Silence, Virgin Mary, Selves, Desire, Wish, Rain... this band has so many jewels.

My personal favorite:

One of the best songs ever made IMO. It's on the album Mother.

@Zesshoku: either the album Shine OR Mother. Mother contains their most known and appreciated songs like Rosier, True Blue and Mother (obviously). But Shine is also damn good. It's the one which got me into the band and made me realize it's not just generic Jrock; there's that progressive side and special touch in their music, which pleased me very quickly.

Thanks for mentionning their twitter, Cibicco-san. I'm gonna look for it, that way I'll stay updated about the band and their recent comeback.

LUNACY is easily the most accessible one, with songs like TONIGHT, gravity, Be Awake and Sweetest Coma Again. Yet I think that both STYLE and MOTHER represent LUNA SEA at the top of their game; you can't go wrong with songs like ROSIER and END OF SORROW. As of songs to start with, I recommend these last two along with TONIGHT, WISH, STORM and BELIEVE.

Your welcome, Gen!

If you were to ask me, I'd recommend Image and Eden, two of their more older albums - but Style is really good too, it has their more prog-esque tracks and that is what many people I know start with. But if you really want a bit of everything that's good, I'd buy their most recent Complete Best album to start out.

Zesshoku,

I started out by listening to their Complete Best album which is their best compilation album by far. Most of the older tracks are remastered. If you're able to get into most of the songs here, you can check out their other stuff.

My personal favorite tracks are:

Desire

KISS

Unlikelihood

LUV U

There's a lot of other good songs like Rosier but hopefully this is a start for newcomers.

^ There have been tons of announcements and things from their website and other places that really indicate something of that nature. Maybe something more than a one-night concert. If so, I am really interested if they are going to make brand new recordings.

Very old songs then. Like from their self titled album. But I'd rather listen to completely new stuff. Anything they do is welcome though, because they're awesome.

Yeah, it'd be cool to see a re-recorded s/t. . . if Ryuichi's voice can still do the screaming parts good. ^_^
But they already have re-recorded sth, remember Luna Sea Complete Best which was released in 2008. I am pretty sure they'll make a new material.

And yeah, that guy can still screaming :D

(RA-SE-N OND 2007)

plus an awesome guitar solo

"thank you so much for your great support. until now we has been writing same post both on official account and official facebook page. from now we will merge all post on official facebook page. please join to this page. >>

http://www.facebook.com/pages/LUNA-SEA-official-facebook/113089348733652"

(their like page)

-from their official facebook account

So Luna Sea Complete Best were all re-recordings? I thought they were just re-mastered. Hm, interesting.

They are remastered. But stuff from Shine and onwards are still the same.

I hope they will continue on a little longer. I'm sure they wouldn't set up a FB, MySpace, and Twitter page for a one-time deal, right? I heard the big thing they have planned is going to occur late this month, so we'll see. ^^ I hope Sugizo isn't too involved in X by then.

photo_kawamura.jpg

Vocal. ?? ??

Guitar. ???????

Guitar. ??????????

Bass. HIROKI

Drum. ???????

Piano. ????????

1. REAL

2. Glass

3. Love is…

4. Stop the time forever