secret_no_03

Halle Bailey of ChloexHalle to play Ariel in Live Action Remake of The Little Mermaid.

24 minutes ago, Tokage said:

this is further redhead erasure!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THAT YO!!!!

You'd be surprised how many people are legit worried about them trying to get rid of all red heads on tv and breed them out of existence. We'll always have Conan though.

:tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:

-

also for the record, i don't give a fuck about this movie or the "controversy" surrounding it - i just think this shit is funny :tw_joy:

Only commenting because I've seen the point made a few times, but...casting Ariel, a character whose race plays 0 part into who she is with a non-white actor is absolutely not the same as casting canonically PoC characters with white actors.

From GitS to Airbender to everything in between, those are not comparable scenarios and I don't understand how it's hard to see that.

I'm happy for the actress cuz im sure this is a monumental step in her career.

At the same time, there's plenty of capable minds who can draft up something original instead of this constant need for race/gender/ sexual orientation swapping for well established characters in live action. These types of things used to excite me. Now its just clear that its mainly just for brownie points/money/  so ive grown numb. Also i find it really funny how there's been hella outrage about Bailey's casting and now that there's word of Harry Styles in talks to play the love interest (i forget that nigga's name), there's been hella ppl that are happy about it. Last time i checked, he also don't look remotely similar to the OG character. Oh well.