God

when bandmen try to make movies/dramas.

so tbh i love the dumb dramas and movies that vk guys make.  the ones i’ve seen are bonds kyu (the an cafe one), oresama (miyavi...also v hard to watch bc it’s so cringy??) no 6 (a9), and one that was labeled as being by vidoll on limewire a million years ago where one of the guys worked at subway and at some point tatsuro yamashita’s christmas eve was playing in a weird place.  idk if that last one is even a vk movie tbh bc i can’t find anything about it anywhere.

anyway what are some of your favs?

MALICE MIZER's vampire flick 薔薇の婚礼 ~真夜中に交わした約束~ (Bara no konrei ~Mayonaka ni kawashita yakusoku~) is where it's at!!! So good.

Spoiler

I watched Oresama like 14 years ago too, but my brain blocked out the trauma, lol.

Edited by Jigsaw9

There is also the "Visual Sentai vs. Kusomen" or whatever it is called by Jin Machine. That one was actually really fun to watch.

I've watched once a movie by someone from Golden Bomber, where Aoi (Ayabie) was playing one of the bad guys. It was a mess.

33 minutes ago, ShTon said:

I've watched once a movie by someone from Golden Bomber, where Aoi (Ayabie) was playing one of the bad guys. It was a mess.

any chance you remember the name of it?  it sounds like smth i need to see. 😂

I had to google, because my memory is kinda bad and it wasn't made by someone from Golden Bomber, but Kyan Yutaka and Aoi played in it.  The name was "Till death do us part" and I remember Aoi being the only person who knew how to act. xD

Right, why was this a thing?! My favorites have to be the Malice Mizer ones, Bara no Konrei and the Bel Air movie. Oh also I remember at one point Versailles had a whole ass TV drama with some random little girl. Idk exactly what it was about but they had to take care of her or something? Kinda weird lol. Never actually watched it so idk. 

I've seen the Malice Mizer ones, Onegai versailles (I think that's what it was called), Oresama (I own that shit on dvd. don't judge me I was like 15), Moon Child, and a few others I can't recall too well. My favorite is Golden Bomber's "Sorinokoshita Summer" simply because it knows it's a badly-acted cheesy movie and doesn't take itself seriously. 

1 minute ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

I've seen the Malice Mizer ones, Onegai versailles (I think that's what it was called), Oresama (I own that shit on dvd. don't judge me I was like 15), Moon Child, and a few others I can't recall too well. My favorite is Golden Bomber's "Sorinokoshita Summer" simply because it knows it's a badly-acted cheesy movie and doesn't take itself seriously. 

I actually really enjoyed Moon Child and used to own Oresama back in the day, rewatched it on Youtube earlier this year and it still holds up for what it is.

Versailles' cringy drama: the girl was annoying as hell but it was hilarious watch them doing part-time jobs with their costumes... then that ending. They took the girl's life? Did that story really have a plot? 👀

golden bomber BL movies: they act as bad as actors from BL movies, but I didn't see coming the mpreg. I still watch those on bored days bc fun fanservice 

-malice mizer movies: bara no konrei could've been awesome if they've hired the same director from the bel air movie. I like that movie a lot but I laugh every time I read subtitles like "late, my wife". But still beautiful story and costumes

Moon child... ah, it made me cry. I need to read that book, damn

Edited by meikyoushisui

7 minutes ago, deedlitmurata said:

I really love the Plastic Tree theater detective series with Ryutaro playing as "Akechi Ryutaro" where he converts into zombie detective xD so priceless.  Moon Child was also a great movie.

Woah, Ryutaro Arimura acting sounds intriguing.

1 hour ago, deedlitmurata said:

I really love the Plastic Tree theater detective series with Ryutaro playing as "Akechi Ryutaro" where he converts into zombie detective xD so priceless.  Moon Child was also a great movie.

i had no idea pura had one too!  oh man, i need to find that.

2 hours ago, God said:

i had no idea pura had one too!  oh man, i need to find that.

You can find several of them in youtube under the name:  Plastic Tree 土曜プラトゥリ劇場

It's also included in a limited DVD they released at some point, but at least you can watch some of the episodes in youtube ^^   the episode titled オナン蜥蜴 is awesome xD the villian is in love with Ryutaro LOL

Edited by deedlitmurata

I remember Sadie's Mao did make a guest appearance in a BL movie.

Also, Hyde's Last Quarter was good too.

Edited by freesia

The only VK-related movie I ever watched was Dynamite Tommy's Attitude and I own it because why not have a horrible movie with a bunch of musicians from the first wave of VK or the late '80s Japanese hard rock scene that can't act what so ever.  I don't know how many people here have seen it, but it's one of those movies you have to watch to see the how much of a hot mess it is as it is super hard to describe what's going on 90% of the time.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:20 AM, Jigsaw9 said:

MALICE MIZER's vampire flick 薔薇の婚礼 ~真夜中に交わした約束~ (Bara no konrei ~Mayonaka ni kawashita yakusoku~) is where it's at!!! So good.

Reveal hidden contents

Tl;dr (tl;dw in this case): The bassist has had a Dracula persona since forever, one of the guitarists enjoys mixing fanservice and nightmares, the other guitarist is a statue, and the singer looks like the protagonist of any Gothic horror movie. Someone thinks that it might be a good idea to run with it and make a movie. Despite the special effects unit probably being an average laptop computer (in 2001!), the acting being all over the place, and the mostly cliched plot, the movie inexplicably and actually turns out good. As in, legitimately and mostly unironically enjoyable. Probably because it’s highly stylized and because it takes itself with just the right balance of seriousness and lightheartedness.