Jump to content
ambivalentideal

Another vk veteran (???) intro!

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, ambivalentideal said:

lol, yeah. I can get that but also it's not that serious,, like personally I love dir en grey and I think what DIMLIM is doing is fantastic. yeah, exactly. I think that's really cool that we're at that point in the history of vk that bands are inspired by them in that way. same here!

oh yeah, totally agree with that.  i’m stoked that some of the bands i grew up with have influenced some of current gen bands.  exciting af.  not only that, but the era of diru that dimlim seems to be inspired by the most is imo one of their best during their career, so getting to hear smth that came as the result is really cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

Thank you!! Yeah, I couldn't believe just how good they are. To say I'm blown away is an understatement haha. Now I'm scouring the web trying to buy a copy of it and currently having no luck 😅

I didn't know the 2nd press also is sold out by now. I missed the 1st one and was thinking through some options when they just announced the 2nd one by the end of last year. I know it's up at iTunes but I wanted to own a physical copy of the album so I can relate you are searching for an option. I found it listed at a German shop that seemingly sends to the US but it seems all the order part is just put in German. You might check it out over here and see if this works for you. That's the link to the CD itself.

Edited by Kuro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, God said:

yeet.  i’ve seen some people complaining that it sounds like dimlim is ripping off diru.  but tbh that’s kinda dumb?  even if there are obvious influences, it’s bound to happen since diru is one of the big boys™️ of vk and all.  i’m p excited to see where dimlim goes.

We were doing it back in 2005-2006 when Mao formed Sadie and everyone knew he liked DEG, so naturally the comparisons were made right there for each album they churned out. I guess it's easier to point out this difference now than it was back then 🤷‍♂️ Glad Mao is doing well in THE THIRTEEN, and even then he had a rough beginning with this project too lol.

 

DIMLIM are already known as the Saviors of VK haha, its almost fitting.

 

23 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

yeah, I guess it does, doesn't it? haha. I know there are people who have been in it way longer, but I guess it's almost 13 years now.

It has been that long. I was into VK a year or so longer but the people who taught me were around in 2002-2003, right when the boom internationally was beginning. I do wish they stuck around though :sad:. Might help a bit to keep VK relevant in the USA.

 

Check out the live report on the GazettE Tour in NYC recently and share your thoughts/views on the demographic of new VK listeners that you saw for an audience.

 

 

Oh BTW, reading your responses here @ambivalentideal I can see you know your history haha.

That's real good. New users are popping up constantly now, that they outweigh the minority of us that stuck around lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, God said:

oh yeah, totally agree with that.  i’m stoked that some of the bands i grew up with have influenced some of current gen bands.  exciting af.  not only that, but the era of diru that dimlim seems to be inspired by the most is imo one of their best during their career, so getting to hear smth that came as the result is really cool.

completely agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kuro said:

I didn't know the 2nd press also is sold out by now. I missed the 1st one and was thinking through some options when they just announced the 2nd one by the end of last year. I know it's up at iTunes but I wanted to own a physical copy of the album so I can relate you are searching for an option. I found it listed at a German shop that seemingly sends to the US but it seems all the order part is just put in German. You might check it out over here and see if this works for you. That's the link to the CD itself.

same here, I already have been listening to it on apple music, but I really wanted a physical copy. hey thanks! I appreciate it :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

We were doing it back in 2005-2006 when Mao formed Sadie and everyone knew he liked DEG, so naturally the comparisons were made right there for each album they churned out. I guess it's easier to point out this difference now than it was back then 🤷‍♂️ Glad Mao is doing well in THE THIRTEEN, and even then he had a rough beginning with this project too lol.

 

DIMLIM are already known as the Saviors of VK haha, its almost fitting.

 

It has been that long. I was into VK a year or so longer but the people who taught me were around in 2002-2003, right when the boom internationally was beginning. I do wish they stuck around though :sad:. Might help a bit to keep VK relevant in the USA.

 

Check out the live report on the GazettE Tour in NYC recently and share your thoughts/views on the demographic of new VK listeners that you saw for an audience.

 

 

Oh BTW, reading your responses here @ambivalentideal I can see you know your history haha.

That's real good. New users are popping up constantly now, that they outweigh the minority of us that stuck around lol.

 

oh man, completely forgot about that whole thing with Sadie lol. that's interesting to hear that Mao is still up to band stuff.

but yeah true, there really aren't many people from that time frame who are still into vk. When I first got into it that was like everyone, so it's kinda wild! 

just checked out that live report, and it sounds pretty close to what my show was like. From what I gathered though there seemed to be a decent amount of people who were pretty familiar with Gazette. I didn't really hear or talk to anyone who had like zero idea who they were so that surprised me lol. Maybe that was more of a New York thing and people who come to see a vk band in Texas are a bit more dedicated? Who knows. Or maybe people like that were there and I just didn't notice. That's probably it. : P

oh thanks, I (sadly???) know way too much about vk which is a wealth of knowledge that I almost never use lmao. So it's exciting to me to get to talk to other people who know it well and remember way too much like I do haha. Ah yeah, that's to be expected I guess, but I actually kinda like talking to the new people too! I get to recommend stuff I love to someone who maybe has never heard it and that's really awesome to me :D 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 4:44 AM, ambivalentideal said:

oh yesss snow scene too, and honestly all their PVs haha I was really obsessed with them at the outset. lol yeah, same, my family had to get used to weird sounding japanese music and guys in makeup pretty fast...

 

oh yeah, I will, thank you! I think I watched one of their newer PVs the other day when I found out they were still together and I was really happy to hear that they still sound like vistlip :') it's really interesting to me to see bands that I never expected to stay together longer than a couple years who have now been together for 10+! yeahhhh BORN were super fun live, they had a ridiculous amount of energy and they covered up their amateur-ness pretty well with their eagerness haha. it was literally right after felony came out so they were super green. : P have you seen them too? yeah lmao, I actually have a really cringey photo of myself with BORN and god it's so bad. I was hugging Ryouga's arm and he looks maybe a bit too happy about it. RIP. omg no, you're not bothering me at all! yes I loved AND!! They were one of my favorite bands of 2009, they were so so good. I think they were insanely underrated. They put out this freaking gem: 

 

One of my favorite songs of that year, which is saying a lot for me bc 95% of my time was dedicated to vk back then haha. yeah, I'm a huge fan of Ikuma, he was my favorite in AND! Ah yeah, I've checked out REIGN, and while I'm really happy he's still singing and I love to hear his voice, they're so different from AND ;-; I think AND was really inspired by the GazettE tbh, but I'm not really sure what's going on sound-wise with REIGN. Do you have a favorite REIGN song that you might be able to recommend? I really want to like them more haha. Thanks for talking with me!

Sorry for the super late response (I wasn't able to get near a computer ;w;)

 

Haha, my family still mistakes VK guys as girls even though they're missing some obvious features ^^; 

 

Vistlip did take a bit of a break since I think the vocalist, Tomo, had some health issues and couldn't sing, but apparently they're back. Yeah, it's always nice to see bands together even after 10+ years since it seems there are many bands who disband at the 10 year mark :( It's happened to a lot of bands I liked, but hopefully it won't happen to vistlip. I wouldn't expect anything less from BORN especially from their early days, haha. They had a lot of energy when they played live, which makes me think perhaps they're more of a 'live' band than a 'recording studio' band xD Yup, I did manage to see them live although Kifumi already left the band by then, so I sadly never saw him play his awesome bass. Lol, that's pretty cool you got to take a picture with Ryoga (despite the cringeness of the photo). Haha, I look at the photos I took with VK artist and think, why did I look like that? XD It seems like Ryoga gets really excited and pumped when performing lives and meeting fans, lol.

 

Agree! They were pretty underrated although I guess maybe it could be that people considered them knock-offs Gazette? Well, I love Ikuma's and the instrumentals voice in any case. Yesss, that is such a good song! I haven't listened to them in a while, and forgot how awesome it is, haha. I have a hard time choosing which song I like from them. I'll just stick a few of their songs underneath the spoiler:

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

Same here,. I remember being pretty much solely dedicated to VK, even dropping any other hobbies I had at the time XD Yeah, Reign's sound is different from AND ;w; I've only recently started listening to REIGN so I'm not familiar with the whole discography yet. I started off listening to their first full album, 666. Although, as you've already said, it's not quite the same as AND's sound. It's something else all together, lol. Not sure if I completely like them yet, but Ikuma's voice is still as strong as ever. As of now, I really like these songs: 

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

No problem :D I get super exciting talking about VK with others, so thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Sorry for the super late response (I wasn't able to get near a computer ;w;)

 

Haha, my family still mistakes VK guys as girls even though they're missing some obvious features ^^; 

 

Vistlip did take a bit of a break since I think the vocalist, Tomo, had some health issues and couldn't sing, but apparently they're back. Yeah, it's always nice to see bands together even after 10+ years since it seems there are many bands who disband at the 10 year mark :( It's happened to a lot of bands I liked, but hopefully it won't happen to vistlip. I wouldn't expect anything less from BORN especially from their early days, haha. They had a lot of energy when they played live, which makes me think perhaps they're more of a 'live' band than a 'recording studio' band xD Yup, I did manage to see them live although Kifumi already left the band by then, so I sadly never saw him play his awesome bass. Lol, that's pretty cool you got to take a picture with Ryoga (despite the cringeness of the photo). Haha, I look at the photos I took with VK artist and think, why did I look like that? XD It seems like Ryoga gets really excited and pumped when performing lives and meeting fans, lol.

 

Agree! They were pretty underrated although I guess maybe it could be that people considered them knock-offs Gazette? Well, I love Ikuma's and the instrumentals voice in any case. Yesss, that is such a good song! I haven't listened to them in a while, and forgot how awesome it is, haha. I have a hard time choosing which song I like from them. I'll just stick a few of their songs underneath the spoiler:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

 

Same here,. I remember being pretty much solely dedicated to VK, even dropping any other hobbies I had at the time XD Yeah, Reign's sound is different from AND ;w; I've only recently started listening to REIGN so I'm not familiar with the whole discography yet. I started off listening to their first full album, 666. Although, as you've already said, it's not quite the same as AND's sound. It's something else all together, lol. Not sure if I completely like them yet, but Ikuma's voice is still as strong as ever. As of now, I really like these songs: 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

No problem :D I get super exciting talking about VK with others, so thank you! 

hey no prob! oh is that right about vistlip? I didn't know that. I'm glad Tomo got better. I was referring to when they got into that car accident where they were all unhurt but unfortunately their manager passed away. They were really affected by it and decided to go on hiatus for a while. It was so sad. But I'm glad they're doing stuff again. I still have their album THEATER, I should relisten to it!

 

Lmaoo yeah, born were pretty good on the record but 10x better live. Oh that's awesome! Have you seen a lot of vk bands in the past? I've seen so many. .__. but it's been a long time. Funnily enough, when I lived in Japan (I studied abroad for a year) I wasn't really into vk anymore except for Mejibray but I was too intimidated by the gya live culture to attempt going to any lol. I really wanna try going to some vk lives now though if I get the chance to go back. Kifumi was a lot of fun, he had a ton of energy. I think a few of them stage dived and he might have been one of them but my memory is fading, it's been 10 years lol. I have a ton of pics of them from this weird table meet and greet thing they did if you're interested, but the flash was on so they look terrible lmao. They were having the time of their lives tho cuz girls kept asking for kisses on the cheek and they kept fuckin doing it. RIP. I remember I even e-mailed (e-mailed!!!!!!) some girl a pic I took of Ryouga kissing her on the cheek AHAHA. God. But oh SAME, all my pics with vk bands are so embarrassing I die,, luckily that's not really a thing anymore ha.

 

But yeah, pretty true about AND. When I opened that first video you linked most of the comments in Japanese say something like "the melody is really similar to Gazette's 'sumire'" or something. Which I guess they're not wrong, they were clearly inspired but I thought they were doing some cool stuff! Oh wow, I had never seen that last song, BLAZE. I think I fell out of listening to them in their last few years. I didn't know they had an edgy phase haha. It's a cool song tho. 

 

HOO BOY, yeah it's really disappointing for me because I love Ikuma so much, but I just tried to listen to those two REIGN songs again and I just cannot. :' ( If they just got their shit together they could really improve,,,there's just zero cohesion in the songwriting, like everything just sounds all over the place and slapped together. The bridges don't make any sense with the choruses, it's like two different songs together in one song. No idea who the main songwriter is, but damn. The second song is a bit better composition wise but I cannot get over that over the top chorus haha. Also I think they're just throwing in way too many unnecessary elements, which results in the composition feeling both too busy and missing something at the same time. I really am dead. o<-< I wish I could like them but I don't think their songs are for me. One thing at least, I really like their look and aesthetic! They look really cool but at the end of the day the music is just not there for me. I think Ikuma's voice is probably their best asset and I kinda can't help feeling it's going to waste a bit. ;;

Edited by ambivalentideal
grammar lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 7:16 AM, ambivalentideal said:

hey no prob! oh is that right about vistlip? I didn't know that. I'm glad Tomo got better. I was referring to when they got into that car accident where they were all unhurt but unfortunately their manager passed away. They were really affected by it and decided to go on hiatus for a while. It was so sad. But I'm glad they're doing stuff again. I still have their album THEATER, I should relisten to it!

Oh, sorry! I completely misunderstood what you meant! Yeah, I remember that terrible, unfortunate accident. I was so afraid they were going to break up. It was good to hear when they came back though. Haha, I have that album as well. It's one of my favorites by them with many great songs on it. Also, slightly off-topic, but have you heard of the side project(?), Lill, that Tomo and Rui (vistlip) have formed?

 

On 7/4/2019 at 7:16 AM, ambivalentideal said:

Lmaoo yeah, born were pretty good on the record but 10x better live. Oh that's awesome! Have you seen a lot of vk bands in the past? I've seen so many. .__. but it's been a long time. Funnily enough, when I lived in Japan (I studied abroad for a year) I wasn't really into vk anymore except for Mejibray but I was too intimidated by the gya live culture to attempt going to any lol. I really wanna try going to some vk lives now though if I get the chance to go back. Kifumi was a lot of fun, he had a ton of energy. I think a few of them stage dived and he might have been one of them but my memory is fading, it's been 10 years lol. I have a ton of pics of them from this weird table meet and greet thing they did if you're interested, but the flash was on so they look terrible lmao. They were having the time of their lives tho cuz girls kept asking for kisses on the cheek and they kept fuckin doing it. RIP. I remember I even e-mailed (e-mailed!!!!!!) some girl a pic I took of Ryouga kissing her on the cheek AHAHA. God. But oh SAME, all my pics with vk bands are so embarrassing I die,, luckily that's not really a thing anymore ha.

 

I did attend some VK lives a long time ago (makes me feel old when I say that o_o;) I never saw BORN's one-man live, but I did manage to somehow always catch them when they played lives with other bands (taiban). Oh, darn. Hopefully, you'll be able to attend lives in Japan when you go back next time. It's certainly a different experience. Yeah, the gya culture can be a bit scary. I just avoid it as best as I can and enjoy the music/live. For some reason, I'm not surprised Kifumi might have been the one to stage dive because of his enthusiasm overall. Terrible pictures capture the best moments, lol, right? If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see it anyways XD Seeing a piece of VK history is always great. 

On 7/4/2019 at 7:16 AM, ambivalentideal said:

HOO BOY, yeah it's really disappointing for me because I love Ikuma so much, but I just tried to listen to those two REIGN songs again and I just cannot. :' ( If they just got their shit together they could really improve,,,there's just zero cohesion in the songwriting, like everything just sounds all over the place and slapped together. The bridges don't make any sense with the choruses, it's like two different songs together in one song. No idea who the main songwriter is, but damn. The second song is a bit better composition wise but I cannot get over that over the top chorus haha. Also I think they're just throwing in way too many unnecessary elements, which results in the composition feeling both too busy and missing something at the same time. I really am dead. o<-< I wish I could like them but I don't think their songs are for me. One thing at least, I really like their look and aesthetic! They look really cool but at the end of the day the music is just not there for me. I think Ikuma's voice is probably their best asset and I kinda can't help feeling it's going to waste a bit. ;;

Yeah, one of the main reasons I listen to REIGN is because of Ikuma's voice. Perhaps this is the kind of music he likes to make? (Oh, no don't die D:) At least AND's music will still be there for us to listen to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

Oh, sorry! I completely misunderstood what you meant! Yeah, I remember that terrible, unfortunate accident. I was so afraid they were going to break up. It was good to hear when they came back though. Haha, I have that album as well. It's one of my favorites by them with many great songs on it. Also, slightly off-topic, but have you heard of the side project(?), Lill, that Tomo and Rui (vistlip) have formed?

 

 

I did attend some VK lives a long time ago (makes me feel old when I say that o_o;) I never saw BORN's one-man live, but I did manage to somehow always catch them when they played lives with other bands (taiban). Oh, darn. Hopefully, you'll be able to attend lives in Japan when you go back next time. It's certainly a different experience. Yeah, the gya culture can be a bit scary. I just avoid it as best as I can and enjoy the music/live. For some reason, I'm not surprised Kifumi might have been the one to stage dive because of his enthusiasm overall. Terrible pictures capture the best moments, lol, right? If it's not too much trouble, I'd love to see it anyways XD Seeing a piece of VK history is always great. 

Yeah, one of the main reasons I listen to REIGN is because of Ikuma's voice. Perhaps this is the kind of music he likes to make? (Oh, no don't die D:) At least AND's music will still be there for us to listen to.

It's alright! I know, I was worried they'd break up after that happened too, but I'm glad they managed to get through it. I haven't heard of that! I didn't know they made a side project. :0 What is it like?

 

Oh, nice! That's cool though, I feel like taiban could be really cool because you get to see the band you like more up close and check out other bands you don't know from the safety of the back lol. I'd like to try going to one. Thanks, hopefully so! Lol I don't mind uploading them! Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/t5ZpBSA Last one is my awkward pic with them lmfao, I'm a guy with a beard now but that was me then,,,

 

I really do like Ikuma's voice ;-; I'm sure I can find ONE of their songs I like haha. Maybe so. Agreed! I just received physical copies of AGENT FILE and their 1st album -&- which I am super super pleased about!! I noticed in the credits area of AGENT FILE they actually listed all members of the GazettE under "special thanks" lol. At least they were up front about their obvious inspiration, but I don't think it was to the point of them copying them or anything. I think AND's music was a mix of early GazettE and their own sound and the result was pretty cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

It's alright! I know, I was worried they'd break up after that happened too, but I'm glad they managed to get through it. I haven't heard of that! I didn't know they made a side project. :0 What is it like?

I've been meaning to get around to it, but I actually haven't listened to it yet ^^; I also had no idea it existed until recently. I'll leave some samples below in the cut. They've also got a YT channel as well if you want to check out more of their music. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFBDwqBSuUeqHMnrjfQOPA

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

6 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

Oh, nice! That's cool though, I feel like taiban could be really cool because you get to see the band you like more up close and check out other bands you don't know from the safety of the back lol. I'd like to try going to one. Thanks, hopefully so! Lol I don't mind uploading them! Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/t5ZpBSA Last one is my awkward pic with them lmfao, I'm a guy with a beard now but that was me then,,,

Yeah, true! Taibans were where I got to see some of my other favorite bands up close and check out some super indies ones as well. It was a great experience. The pictures don't look all that bad =P Btw, Ryoga looked extremely happy to be there in all the photos compared to the other band members x"D I also chuckled when I saw Kifumi jumping over the table. It looks like it was a fun time to be there~ Btw, I also enjoyed reading the captions XP Haha, we all do some questionable things when we're at that age, don't we? X'D

 

7 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

I really do like Ikuma's voice ;-; I'm sure I can find ONE of their songs I like haha. Maybe so. Agreed! I just received physical copies of AGENT FILE and their 1st album -&- which I am super super pleased about!! I noticed in the credits area of AGENT FILE they actually listed all members of the GazettE under "special thanks" lol. At least they were up front about their obvious inspiration, but I don't think it was to the point of them copying them or anything. I think AND's music was a mix of early GazettE and their own sound and the result was pretty cool!

Oh, that's nice! If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy it from? Haha, they credited GazettE under "special thanks"? That's actually pretty neat of them to admit where their source of inspiration came from. And Ikuma possessed a different voice than Ruki's vocals, which tended to sound nasally in the GazettE's earlier years. So I think AND's combination/style ended up being quite interesting :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, monkeybanana4 said:

I've been meaning to get around to it, but I actually haven't listened to it yet ^^; I also had no idea it existed until recently. I'll leave some samples below in the cut. They've also got a YT channel as well if you want to check out more of their music. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfFBDwqBSuUeqHMnrjfQOPA

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

 

Yeah, true! Taibans were where I got to see some of my other favorite bands up close and check out some super indies ones as well. It was a great experience. The pictures don't look all that bad =P Btw, Ryoga looked extremely happy to be there in all the photos compared to the other band members x"D I also chuckled when I saw Kifumi jumping over the table. It looks like it was a fun time to be there~ Btw, I also enjoyed reading the captions XP Haha, we all do some questionable things when we're at that age, don't we? X'D

 

Oh, that's nice! If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy it from? Haha, they credited GazettE under "special thanks"? That's actually pretty neat of them to admit where their source of inspiration came from. And Ikuma possessed a different voice than Ruki's vocals, which tended to sound nasally in the GazettE's earlier years. So I think AND's combination/style ended up being quite interesting :) 

Oh my god. I just watched some of their PVs and my first reaction is: Rui sings?! Second is: is this a Johnny's band?!?! lmfaooo what the helllll I wasn't expecting that at all. I actually like this song "VINTAGE TOWN" haha. Rui lip syncs like he has always wanted to do this lol. I can't help but noticing the band guys in the background though. is that Kazuki from Screw and the bassist from D=OUT?? wow.

 

That's awesome, I bet it was! Haha yeahhh, Ryouga was having a great time I think. It was a lot of fun!! That was one of my favorite cons, vk band wise. Truuue lmfao, I'm glad you liked them. :') 

 

I bought them from a seller on Discogs located in my country (US), so the shipping was super cheap and he had a ton of awesome stuff for a steal. I got those two AND CDs, and four GazettE CDs. Yeah, I was really surprised to see that they credited them! Agreed! Oh, I agree with that too. :D I'm a really big fan of that early GazettE style and I really like what AND did with it. Here's one of my other favorite songs from them in that style:

 

Spoiler

Such a good song ❤️ 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

Oh my god. I just watched some of their PVs and my first reaction is: Rui sings?! Second is: is this a Johnny's band?!?! lmfaooo what the helllll I wasn't expecting that at all. I actually like this song "VINTAGE TOWN" haha. Rui lip syncs like he has always wanted to do this lol. I can't help but noticing the band guys in the background though. is that Kazuki from Screw and the bassist from D=OUT?? wow.

I just listened to some of it, and um, yeah. Haha, I wasn't expecting Rui to sing XD Yeah... that's Kazuki from Screw and Reika from D=out. The drummer is Kazami from the band, Daizystripper. I think they were guests artists at one time as I don't see them in any later videos. I also found this music video with Kazuki, Reika, and Kazami in there as well. It's... an interesting project to say the least, lol.

 

Spoiler

 

 

16 hours ago, ambivalentideal said:

I bought them from a seller on Discogs located in my country (US), so the shipping was super cheap and he had a ton of awesome stuff for a steal. I got those two AND CDs, and four GazettE CDs. Yeah, I was really surprised to see that they credited them! Agreed! Oh, I agree with that too. :D I'm a really big fan of that early GazettE style and I really like what AND did with it. Here's one of my other favorite songs from them in that style:

Oh, nice! Which Gazette CDs did you get? Yeah, I've been recently visiting Gazette's early stuff, and they really had a different style then. Ruki's vocals were a little 'unrefined', but it somehow worked out. Do you have favorite songs/releases in their earlier discography? Wow, that's not a bad song by AND :o They mixed it in with their own style, creating their own voice. I feel like I have to back and revisit AND's older songs. It's been such a long time since I've properly listened to their songs, haha. Also, thank you for the follow! Followed you back :D 

Edited by monkeybanana4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

I just listened to some of it, and um, yeah. Haha, I wasn't expecting Rui to sing XD Yeah... that's Kazuki from Screw and Reika from D=out. The drummer is Kazami from the band, Daizystripper. I think they were guests artists at one time as I don't see them in any later videos. I also found this music video with Kazuki, Reika, and Kazami in there as well. It's... an interesting project to say the least, lol.

 

  Hide contents

 

 

Oh, nice! Which Gazette CDs did you get? Yeah, I've been recently visiting Gazette's early stuff, and they really had a different style then. Ruki's vocals were a little 'unrefined', but it somehow worked out. Do you have favorite songs/releases in their earlier discography? Wow, that's not a bad song by AND :o They mixed it in with their own style, creating their own voice. I feel like I have to back and revisit AND's older songs. It's been such a long time since I've properly listened to their songs, haha. Also, thank you for the follow! Followed you back :D 

What an interesting lineup, lol. It's definitely a strange project. Really not a fan of them both singing at once, it really is so Johnny's-like. o<-<

 

I got MADARA (super super happy about this one), DIM limited edition, TOXIC limited edition and Division limited edition. Stacked rubbish is coming soon too, it's a brand new copy I ordered from CDJapan. :') Ah I know, I loved Ruki's voice back then. I have a lot of favorites!!! 

 

Spoiler

 

 

Shiikureta haru, kawarenu haru is a really good example of Ruki's vocal style from back then. Some might say it's a bit whiny, but I really really love it. : P This is one of my favorite songs from this era. I can listen to this song over and over. Pretty much any song from MADARA haha. Like No.[666]

 

Spoiler

 

 

I also have a soft spot for one of their earliest PVs, doro darake no seishun:

 

Spoiler

 

But yeah, I love that AND song! It's called Tokage. That and BLACK OUT were probbaly my favorite songs by them. Their music is definitely worth another listen :D ah thank you!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...