psychonnect_rozen

What has the worst fandom?

Didn't know where to post this. Move it if it does not belong here.

K-Pop takes the cake for having the shittiest fandom. From making fun of mass shootings to insulting other people for making a harmless joke, K-Pop has it all. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

8 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

From making fun of mass shootings to insulting other people for making a harmless joke

isn't that in every fandom tho

Honestly? The VK fandom is pretty shitty, on the whole. MH is great, but the fandom overall? Nah.

That being said, I have never been in the K-pop fandom so I guess I can't really compare the two.

22 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Honestly? The VK fandom is pretty shitty, on the whole. MH is great, but the fandom overall? Nah.

That being said, I have never been in the K-pop fandom so I guess I can't really compare the two.

I’d say the K-Pop fandom is toxic to non fans and Visual Kei is toxic to its own fans. 

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

I’d say the K-Pop fandom is toxic to non fans and Visual Kei is toxic to its own fans. 

Aye, and to the musicians. It's actually pretty sad, IMO.

2 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

MCU

Eh, I’d say it’s alright since I myself have been a Marvel fan for quite some time now. Never experienced toxicity in it myself but I have heard some stories. 

It’s fun to talk with friends, but online it’s a nightmare, especially on Twitter

K-pop fandom is something I don't wanna get involved with ever. Those people are intense.

Edited by ShTon

Add Tiktok and pretentious snowflakes in the Trans community who think they're God's gift to the world because they changed genders, in addition to those who fake being Trans for attention and closeted pedophiles and the open pedophiles. All male feminists, and holocaust deniers, anti-vaxers are crazier than the flat earthers or 9/11 truthers. A large swarth of American hip hop fans as well.

Edited by secret_no_03

tbh i like some kpop (mainly just girl groups if i’m being honest) so i tried to talk to other people who do too.  it was a long time ago, but i realized p quickly that kpop fandom is extremely stressful.  there’s always a scandal going on, whether it’s smth small or smth huge.  the sasaeng thing, how idols are treated by their agencies (mental health, physical health, sm being shit when it comes to managing girl groups for whatever reason), rogue creeps tryna cop a feel off their favs, netizens literally ruining idols careers over very small things...even thinking about all this i feel tired.  you can’t get a break in kpop.  there’s always gonna be someone who wants to fight me when i mention that boy groups usually don’t interest me or that bts music sounds like p generic radio music imo.  kpop fans usually can’t deal with not everyone stanning their favs.

the most problems i’ve had in vk is that i’ve met two really unstable people.  this was in a different community that i won’t namedrop.  but basically those two people were working together to try to take over the community by first trying to turn everyone against each other.  that was also v exhausting bc i was a mod in that community.  but it was a long time ago.  ofc this is aside from scandal stuff.  there are some v serious vk scandals, but it seems like most people in the scene have similar feelings about those.  there’s also a lot of really dumb/funny ones here too.  

I can't say anything about Kpop as I don't listen to it, don't know anyone who does and besides Twitter I never see it in my goings on in my day to day life.

38 minutes ago, secret_no_03 said:

who fake being Trans for attention

I'd say this accounts for a small fraction. Granted, I don't assume people questioning their gender and automatically think their faking it. That's just rude and insulting. I myself have never seen one in real life, but I'd say they're a rare specimen. If people like that truly exist, then they can fuck off.

11 minutes ago, God said:

tbh i like some kpop (mainly just girl groups if i’m being honest) so i tried to talk to other people who do too.  it was a long time ago, but i realized p quickly that kpop fandom is extremely stressful.  there’s always a scandal going on, whether it’s smth small or smth huge.  the sasaeng thing, how idols are treated by their agencies (mental health, physical health, sm being shit when it comes to managing girl groups for whatever reason), rogue creeps tryna cop a feel off their favs, netizens literally ruining idols careers over very small things...even thinking about all this i feel tired.  you can’t get a break in kpop.  there’s always gonna be someone who wants to fight me when i mention that boy groups usually don’t interest me or that bts music sounds like p generic radio music imo.  kpop fans usually can’t deal with not everyone stanning their favs.

the most problems i’ve had in vk is that i’ve met two really unstable people.  this was in a different community that i won’t namedrop.  but basically those two people were working together to try to take over the community by first trying to turn everyone against each other.  that was also v exhausting bc i was a mod in that community.  but it was a long time ago.  ofc this is aside from scandal stuff.  there are some v serious vk scandals, but it seems like most people in the scene have similar feelings about those.  there’s also a lot of really dumb/funny ones here too.  

Many younger fans of K-POP are guilty of this. You don't like BTS? CRUCIFY THEM!. They have such a hard time of understanding that not EVERYONE likes K-POP and no matter how hard you try, it's never gonna work. Not everyone likes the same music tastes/

1 minute ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Many younger fans of K-POP are guilty of this. You don't like BTS? CRUCIFY THEM!. They have such a hard time of understanding that not EVERYONE likes K-POP and no matter how hard you try, it's never gonna work. Not everyone likes the same music tastes/

yeet.  unfortunately it’s the younger fans that are more prominent.  i don’t come across a lot of older kpop fans.  and tbh, i’ve noticed recently (like that past couple months tbh) that i think i’m kinda outgrowing kpop on a whole.  there’s still a few i’m into, like mamamoo is my main rn, but the snsd ladies, hyuna, and sunmi will always have a place in my heart.  idk tho, tbh.  i’m just not that into it as much lately.

Some of the demographics that annoy me the most (on a personal level):

- ''Goths'' who literally only listen to that sadboi soundcloud rap shit and are all about that 'tfw no big tity goth gf' bullshit

- Furries ('ha ha what do you think sonic's toes smell like ha ha just wondering')

- K-Pop

- Boomers who are invested in that Minions/Garfield/Ggetto Tweety stuff to an unhealthy degree

- Visual Kei

- MCU / Star Wars / Game of Thrones / literally anything that attracts 'alt-normies' (i hate the term, but unfortunately it's accurate)

- Videogame speedrunners 

- Drag race fans

- Metalheads

- Anime in general, but ESPECIALLY both the 'UwU this anime girl is LITERALLY me & i have a 5 o' clock shadow that won't quit' and 'I want to FUCK this anime girl & my civilization still hasn't invented taking showers' demographics

- The absolute fucking retards who for some reason believe in raising their pets 'vegan' just because they themselves are (not a 'fandom', but still a community)

Bronies would've been up on that list once but it feels like that demographic has just spontaneously Jonestowned  overnight in terms of their web presence compared to half a decade ago. Sherlock/Dr. Who/Supernatural and all that stuff could've been in the list along w/ MCU and stuff but for those Tumblr-tier fandoms it also kinda feels like the fanbase's web presence just evaporated overnight. I guess with Sherlock and Dr. Who it was more a case of the last couple of seasons just being THAT irredeemably bad

In all honesty though, if we're just talking about singling out the  'most toxic communities' or whatever,  you can literally just narrow it down to 'whichever ones attract the highest numbers of  furries, nu-commies, incels, SJWs, alt-righters & nerds LARPing as actual nazis, transwomen or 15 year olds tryna act like they're hot shit' within communities mainly frequented by people up to like.. age 35 or so, IMO. In all honesty, whenever I see some shit-flinging or drama going down in some particular community there's pretty much always a 95% chance the person causing it will fall into one or more of those categories.

Boomer environments, on the other hand, are much more unpredictable, and the most venomous shit can legit come from the most unexpected of places. I rembmer for example how a couple of years back there was some pretty serious shit going down on Facebook in some of the Dutch ''moms sharing pictures of Tweety wishing you a nice weekend''-communities when some middle-aged guy started reposting some of those house mom's edited Garfield pics on his own page w/o crediting them, and it culminated in a situation where the guy stealing and reposting other people's pics was sending out death threats, doxxing people and creating fake accounts of his accusers to try & slander the housewives accusing him of stealing their ''Don't talk to me before i've had my coffee!'' pics.

The part of the anime community made up of people who enjoy base level series with lolis and self insert protagonists. Similarly,the hentai fandom. Drag race, Steven Universe and kpop. The white wine fandom (literally just people who base their life around drinking wine. Actually, make that people who adore alcohol to the point where their lifestyle is based around it)

5 hours ago, Tokage said:

Drag race fans

What is so bad about drag race fans? I’m not a big drag race fan myself but most of them are alright. If your talking about the ones who ALWAYS watch it and never shut up about it then yeah they’re fucking annoying (my sister).

I'd say every fandom, because people have different personalities, so there's no such thing as a "correct way" of behaving. It's a matter of perspective and of how much you respect or don't some written and unwritten rules of a society. 

For example, I don't find it nice when fandoms do nothing but rip each other's heads off, but that's just me. Some people into murder might disagree with me :).  

I know tons of people that like Kpop IRL and they're all perfectly normal, lovely people, but the Kpop fanbase on Twitter is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen.

I follow a blog about events, restaurant openings, etc. in my city on Twitter, and they posted an article about a Kpop show not selling well, and I saw a fan in the comments actually going down the list of people who had commented on it going "Unlike please. We don't want to give this terrible article more attention".

There's this weird mindset some people into it have where they seem to think they can control how everyone thinks if they just sort of rig the numbers of views, retweets, shares, etc. on social media just right, and it creeps me out.

Like there was a hashtag going around called "give us back our 10 million" or something where people were mad because the number of views on a Kpop video suddenly dropped by 10 million or something (out of a much bigger number) on YouTube and there were some fans going "This is disrespectful to fans who spent their valuable time staying up and replaying the video!" or something, and just wow...