Tokage

bands that FUCKING hate each other (aka band beef thread)

There was an interview with DEG (I think) during the Arche era where they talked about old recording practices, and Toshiya threw some shade and mentioned that Shinya used to program drum parts that he couldn’t replicate behind an actual drum kit. Granted this is way past the actual supposed beef, but I have to wonder if it still lingers. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:07 PM, Komorebi said:

There's lots of rumors of Hyde and Tetsu hating each other's guts + Ken some joke at a TV show with a Kpop group (T-ara or Kara, idk which) about how they got along at the beginning and now they can't stand each other (sometime around 2011/2012). It is been sort of confirmed the bandmembers have no contact with each other and management even has to set separate recording schedules so they won't cross each other's paths.
Also, apparently Kaz and Hyde had some sort of beef that lead to Vamps suddenly going on hiatus with the latter resuming a solo career, without Kaz this time.

In translations of Tetsu's biography he speaks in detail about how during the whole Sakura incident, he pushed the band forward and some other band members didn't agree with his decisions (pushing forward, pushing out Sakura etc).

Being that there was only two other members he was referring to, it seems Hyde and/or Ken didn't like the way Tetsu handled the whole thing. As much as I like those early albums, I think most fans would agree that Tetsu's decisions leading to that grueling recording / touring period between 1997 and 2000 yielded some of the band's best work so he made the right moves in hindsight.

Ken also started a band with Sakura, so you know their still on good terms. And Hyde's has had Sakura or Ken at his events. So the only person really not partaking in the other's activities is Tetsu.

Also, in that same biography, Tetsu explained how Hyde wanted to quit the band during that post-Real hiatus.

So yeah, they're just in it for the money via the one or two Tokyo Dome shows they do every year or two.

Edited by carddass

On 6/23/2019 at 3:54 AM, Lereku said:

Not only between J and Sugizo during 2000 summer all the members hated each others,  in autumn the situation became critical between them, they not speak to each others after the concerts, each depart from their sides etc...

J hated Inoran for few times coz during this time Inoran said ""I'm going back to Tokyo because I'm not well" while in reality  he leaving for record his album.

Until theirs comeback in 2007 they not speak to each others except Inoran and Ryuichi.

Not sure about the details but it has been verified in interviews (written articles and video clips) that there's been a lot of tension between the LUNA SEA members due to their egos.

Also, I don't know if this was a rumor but I've been hearing a lot of things between Kisaski and Dir en grey's Kyo years back. Can anyone confirm?

Edited by Flame-X

8 hours ago, Flame-X said:

Also, I don't know if this was a rumor but I've been hearing a lot of things between Kisaski and Dir en grey's Kyo years back. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah Kyo and Kisaki hate each other, and Kisakis immature ass won't shut up about it still. As far as I know, he and Kaoru are still cool, but their beef was supposedly the reason La:Sadie's broke up (unless you believe the rumors that Kisaki stole Kyo's chick lmao)

9 hours ago, Himeaimichu said:

Yeah Kyo and Kisaki hate each other, and Kisakis immature ass won't shut up about it still. As far as I know, he and Kaoru are still cool, but their beef was supposedly the reason La:Sadie's broke up (unless you believe the rumors that Kisaki stole Kyo's chick lmao)

I actually did see a picture of Kaoru and Kisaki although I’m still not sure if it’s real cause it looks photoshopped as fuck

Although maybe I’m just dumb XD

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I actually did see a picture of Kaoru and Kisaki although I’m still not sure if it’s real cause it looks photoshopped as fuck

It’s real, it just looks weird because they had such different styles then haha

1 minute ago, redaudrey said:

It’s real, it just looks weird because they had such different styles then haha

Seriously? Haha it’s like looking at 90s era Diru and then looking at Present Day Diru. It’s like “wtf happened here”

Speaking of which, everytime I show someone a picture of VK Diru and then show them of Diru today, they’re still not convinced it’s the same band lol.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

On 6/25/2019 at 8:39 AM, Saishu said:

There was an interview with DEG (I think) during the Arche era where they talked about old recording practices, and Toshiya threw some shade and mentioned that Shinya used to program drum parts that he couldn’t replicate behind an actual drum kit. Granted this is way past the actual supposed beef, but I have to wonder if it still lingers. 

I dont believe it was shade at all. That's exactly what it was. Shinya didn't start nailing those DSS/ Unraveling songs until Budokan. And notice now specifically how the drums in Different Sense sound different in the first half when they play it live. But to be honest the entire band was a mess during that time. Even with their refined sound, some of those songs still sound awkward when played.  

Edited by Ro plz

On 6/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, Lereku said:

Maybe he refused because when Kami was dead, Gackt was was never invited to this funeral or informed about Kami's death

I was talking to an older MALICE gya the other day rehashing some old memories and she said that in the time period after GACKT had left and before Kami died him and GACKT had fought quite a bit.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:47 AM, jaymee said:

I was talking to an older MALICE gya the other day rehashing some old memories and she said that in the time period after GACKT had left and before Kami died him and GACKT had fought quite a bit.

Oh thanks for this information about Kami death we only have one point of view and didn't about how was the relationship beetwen Gackt and Kami when Gackt leaved MM

Before 2003, Kirito (ex Pierrot, Angelo) and Aiji (ex Pierrot, LM.C) were actually in a very good relationship, during n the last days of PIERROT most of the shots of Kirito and Aiji were photoshopped, because they both didn’t want to meet each other.

At first they both wished to continue PIERROT, but for some unknown reason Aiji quit the band and changed the phone number so that Kirito couldn’t get contact with him, and the band disbanded eventually, at first they both wished to continue PIERROT, but for some unknown reason Aiji quit the band and changed the phone number so that Kirito couldn’t get contact with him, and the band disbanded eventually. 

Edited by Lereku

1 minute ago, Lereku said:

Oh thanks for this information about Kami death we only have one point of view and didn't about how was the relationship beetwen Gackt and Kami when Gackt leaved MM

Before 2003, Kirito (ex Pierrot, Angelo) and Aiji (ex Pierrot, LM.C) were actually in a very good relationship, during n the last days of PIERROT most of the shots of Kirito and Aiji were photoshopped, because they both didn’t want to meet each other.

At first they both wished to continue PIERROT, but for some unknown reason Aiji quit the band and changed the phone number so that Kirito couldn’t get contact with him, and the band disbanded eventually, nAt first they both wished to continue PIERROT, but for some unknown reason Aiji quit the band and changed the phone number so that Kirito couldn’t get contact with him, and the band disbanded eventually. 

Aiji wanted to do something else, and thus LM.C was born.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:17 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

I think it was real and know the one you're referring to. Kaoru had went to one of Kisaki's bands' gigs I believe.

16 minutes ago, Paraph said:

I think it was real and know the one you're referring to. Kaoru had went to one of Kisaki's bands' gigs I believe.

Can you just imagine the conversation between the two of them lol. 

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Aiji wanted to do something else, and thus LM.C was born.

Yes in 2005 him and Jun expressed their intentions to have solo activities coz they became bored of the Pierrot sound and wanted did something new, the original plan was that Pierrot takes a year break and did revival in 2006.

At the end of 2005 Pierrot members had a reunion for talked about Pierrot's plans for the future, during this meeting Aiji and Jun don't wanted comeback to Pierrot until they've had some solo achievements.

Kirito, Kohta and Takeo Kohta,  begged them if they could somehow manage theirs solos ambitions and Pierrot together, then a big fought happened between Kirito and Aiji.

Kirito said to Aiji do think about theirs fans,  to be responsible for all those people, Aiji responded he not doing music for fans sakes

On 6/24/2019 at 4:17 PM, secret_no_03 said:

Oh, I wondered why VAMPS suddenly went on hiatus.

Damn, this is worst than I imagined >_>

13 minutes ago, ahnchc said:

A new fresh one to add: Yumeleep and its own now-ex-drummer

or maybe vs all of their former members

On 7/5/2019 at 10:51 AM, Himeaimichu said:

Whatever the actual reason is, it sure got a lot of lemon writers' imagination running back in the day

6 minutes ago, Milayou said:

Believe me, I could kill someone to get my hands on some of those old fics again. What a way to get introduced to La:Sadies

Wouldn’t I pay to read a fic of Kisaki penetrating Kyo. Honestly, I’m still surprised that people stanned Kisaki back in the day. 

Hell, I actually thought Kisaki was good until the recent controversy lol

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

On 6/23/2019 at 8:39 PM, Nighttime Jae said:

There's definitely been some unreported drama between EVE and UNiTE (because of the Sana situation) and Takeru has unfollowed Yui on Twitter (while Yui still follows him). He still follows Lin and Sana tho, so perhaps he only has beef with Yui🤷‍♀️

Im late, but what do you mean by  "the sana situation"? 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:32 PM, Rikkusan said:

Im late, but what do you mean by  "the sana situation"? 

The tl;dr version is that because Sana joined Unite very shortly after EVE's breakup, obviously it lead the speculation that this played a huge role in EVE's disbandment.