Tokage

bands that FUCKING hate each other (aka band beef thread)

This thread is dedicated to band beefs. Discuss anything, from the more well-known stories about messy disbandments or extreme rivalries to the more obscure ones. Both 'band x vs band y' and 'band x imploding on itself' are acceptable. Not just limited to VK, any and all examples from the Japanese music industry are welcome to be discussed.

I'll start off with one of the more well-known cases of a VK musician  fucking over his own bandmates, which is how the drummer Dai from Himitsu Kessha Codomo A screwed over his band by pulling all sorts of shady shit (including theft and leaking members' personal info if I'm remembering correctly). 

there used to be a rumor that both sugizo and j hated each other's guts and that's one of the reasons luna sea broke up. not sure if there was truth to it, but they seem to be doing well since the band came back (from the looks of it at least).

also can't comment in a thread like this without talking about the time toshi quit x-japan because of his cult. there also seems to be beef between gackt and the rest of malice mizer as they had plans to make a special concert at tokyo dome last year and he refused, leaving mana frustrated.

I remember reading something about how in the 90's, Dir en Grey and La'Mule had some sort of rivalry/beef.

Also Yuuga vs. pretty much the entire Oshare Kei scene (minus Jewelry and Sugar Trip, because it's ok if your mentor and friends are Oshare Kei, I guess lmao).

3 hours ago, saishuu said:

there used to be a rumor that both sugizo and j hated each other's guts and that's one of the reasons luna sea broke up. not sure if there was truth to it, but they seem to be doing well since the band came back (from the looks of it at least).

Not only between J and Sugizo during 2000 summer all the members hated each others,  in autumn the situation became critical between them, they not speak to each others after the concerts, each depart from their sides etc...

J hated Inoran for few times coz during this time Inoran said ""I'm going back to Tokyo because I'm not well" while in reality  he leaving for record his album.

Until theirs comeback in 2007 they not speak to each others except Inoran and Ryuichi.

Not a band, but the reason I always loved KAT-TUN more than any other Johnny's group is you could always see how much they openly disliked each other. Always found that honesty refreshing.

Plus I never really liked Jin, so the vaguely passive aggressive comments like this Kame dropped after he left always made me laugh.

Edited by violetchain

Pitty from Rides in Revilion is hated by the rest of the band, me thinks . Kinsaki and everyone "bandmate/backup band"  Maria Cross is probably hating Masato from Kaitou lol. I read somewhere some of the guys in DEG don't get along but I don't think it's considered "hate"

51 minutes ago, anadentone said:

Pitty from Rides in Revilion is hated by the rest of the band, me thinks . Kinsaki and everyone "bandmate/backup band"  Maria Cross is probably hating Masato from Kaitou lol. I read somewhere some of the guys in DEG don't get along but I don't think it's considered "hate"

To my understanding, DEG don't hate each other, it's just they don't associate outside of band activities.

1 hour ago, anadentone said:

Pitty from Rides in Revilion

he's from Morrigan lol

1 hour ago, anadentone said:

Kinsaki

pretty sure you mean Kisaki, everyone hates that bitch

12 hours ago, saishuu said:

also can't comment in a thread like this without talking about the time toshi quit x-japan because of his cult. there also seems to be beef between gackt and the rest of malice mizer as they had plans to make a special concert at tokyo dome last year and he refused, leaving mana frustrated.

Ohh I didn't know Gackt had been invited to the Malice mizer reunion concert and that he refused!  ^^ now that's interesting gossip, do you have more info on that? :-D  I'd love to know more about Gackt's rejection and if Mana had any comments lol

There's definitely been some unreported drama between EVE and UNiTE (because of the Sana situation) and Takeru has unfollowed Yui on Twitter (while Yui still follows him). He still follows Lin and Sana tho, so perhaps he only has beef with Yui🤷‍♀️

12 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

Ohh I didn't know Gackt had been invited to the Malice mizer reunion concert and that he refused!  ^^ now that's interesting gossip, do you have more info on that? :-D  I'd love to know more about Gackt's rejection and if Mana had any comments lol

Maybe he refused because when Kami was dead, Gackt was was never invited to this funeral or informed about Kami's death

Supposedly Rentrer en Soi disbanded because two of the members would get into actual fist fights. 

The guitarist from Nega is some kind of scumbag, right?

and there was a rumor that Sakito and Hitsugi from Nightmare hate each other?

2 hours ago, Saishu said:

Supposedly Rentrer en Soi disbanded because two of the members would get into actual fist fights. 

The guitarist from Nega is some kind of scumbag, right?

and there was a rumor that Sakito and Hitsugi from Nightmare hate each other?

From my knowledge, and from info that was taken on the board, Satsuki and the bassist of RES definitely hated one another. 

The guitarist of Nega/Lack-co is a KNOWN philanderer.

Sakito/Hitsugi don't get along either, yeah. It's because of the egos in the way. Hitsugi wanted more solos, where as Sakito loves to rip off Sugizo when ever he can.

Someone needs to dish on DEG's The Manipulated Life Tour --- apparently Shinya/Toshiya had SERIOUS issues with one another during this period, which led to the band almost disbanding.

5 hours ago, EzraEroguro said:

From my knowledge, and from info that was taken on the board, Satsuki and the bassist of RES definitely hated one another. 

The guitarist of Nega/Lack-co is a KNOWN philanderer.

Sakito/Hitsugi don't get along either, yeah. It's because of the egos in the way. Hitsugi wanted more solos, where as Sakito loves to rip off Sugizo when ever he can.

Someone needs to dish on DEG's The Manipulated Life Tour --- apparently Shinya/Toshiya had SERIOUS issues with one another during this period, which led to the band almost disbanding.

I'm interested to know more about those Shinya and Toshiya issues?!  I thought the DEG members don't associate much with each other, precisely to avoid this kind of problem, so I wonder what happened ^^

There's lots of rumors of Hyde and Tetsu hating each other's guts + Ken some joke at a TV show with a Kpop group (T-ara or Kara, idk which) about how they got along at the beginning and now they can't stand each other (sometime around 2011/2012). It is been sort of confirmed the bandmembers have no contact with each other and management even has to set separate recording schedules so they won't cross each other's paths.
Also, apparently Kaz and Hyde had some sort of beef that lead to Vamps suddenly going on hiatus with the latter resuming a solo career, without Kaz this time.

9 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

There's lots of rumors of Hyde and Tetsu hating each other's guts + Ken some joke at a TV show with a Kpop group (T-ara or Kara, idk which) about how they got along at the beginning and now they can't stand each other (sometime around 2011/2012). It is been sort of confirmed the bandmembers have no contact with each other and management even has to set separate recording schedules so they won't cross each other's paths.
Also, apparently Kaz and Hyde had some sort of beef that lead to Vamps suddenly going on hiatus with the latter resuming a solo career, without Kaz this time.

Oh, I wondered why VAMPS suddenly went on hiatus.

On 6/23/2019 at 2:51 AM, Himeaimichu said:

I remember reading something about how in the 90's, Dir en Grey and La'Mule had some sort of rivalry/beef.

wasn't it pierrot and not la'mule? they even used the rivalry to promote the angrogynos gigs back when they were first announced.

Just now, saishuu said:

wasn't it pierrot and not la'mule? they even used the rivalry to promote the angrogynos gigs back when they were first announced.

Oh yeah, there was that too, but I also remember hearing about Diru and La'Mule having some beef and fans actually getting into physical fights about it(?)

Wow, reading this thread is like realizing that almost every big band of the scene is filled with deep hate between their members lol

Now I want to hear about that fight between Toshiya and Shinya

Edited by saiko

49 minutes ago, saiko said:

Wow, reading this thread is like realizing that almost every big band of the scene is filled with deep hate between their members lol

Now I want to hear about that fight between Toshiya and Shinya

Same.

I wonder what the story was behind the deadman hiatus and if there was beef between anyone involved. Obviously Takamasa thought he'd have more success as a politician, but yeah.