Sign in to follow this  
secret_no_03

∧ucifer (Lucifer)

20200-ucifer-group-shot.jpg∧ucifer or as they're probably known as for simplicity's sake; Lucifer or better yet, the first of three Lucifer bands was formed in 1999 for the bizarre of reasons; an anime. Yep, that's right, these guys were brought together to become literal anime characters and to promote an anime called Kaikan Phrase. They were only around for four years and their singer is pretty much the only well known member as Makoto has gone on to do it all from a solo career, another band and several acting roles. 

I remember seeing the video for Datenshi BLUE back when I first got into VK around two years after they disbanded, and I noticed that there wasn't a page for these guys and vk.gy doesn't have much either. Wikipedia actually has the most info about the band which is suspect at best. Either way, I would love to know if there's been other bands created just to promote and or larping as anime characters.

I still listen to these guys sometimes Mainly just 1 song, Regret. The main guitarist, Yuki, has been playing in many other bands such as Acid Black Cherry and Rayflower.

The only other band I know that was formed just to promote an anime was Chrome Shelled. It was a song called Silent Talk. I don't know how long they lasted or if they had other songs but that's all I think can of on top of my head.

Sign in to follow this