Hello!

I have been having the best time on here. Having discussions, talking about artists and finding new music. After finding MH, I have been searching all over for new VK bands such as Megaromania.

However, this site is not without it’s toxicity and I have seen it my self. Shitting on the same bands over and over gets annoying and everyone one here can’t take an opinion sometimes. The amount of heated discussions on here gets annoying as well.

I won’t be quitting MH completely and I will be taking a small break to get away from this toxicity. I don’t know when I’ll be back, but just like Sadie, I’ll be going on hiatus.

Shoutout to @Gesu for being my first follower. Love ya

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Hello!

I have been having the best time on here. Having discussions, talking about artists and finding new music. After finding MH, I have been searching all over for new VK bands such as Megaromania.

However, this site is not without it’s toxicity and I have seen it my self. Shitting on the same bands over and over gets annoying and everyone one here can’t take an opinion sometimes. The amount of heated discussions on here gets annoying as well.

I won’t be quitting MH completely and I will be taking a small break to get away from this toxicity. I don’t know when I’ll be back, but just like Sadie, I’ll be going on hiatus.

Shoutout to @Gesu for being my first follower. Love ya

Aw, thank you! I hope you enjoy your break, and I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

BTW, if it means anything, just remember that there's some degree of toxicity in every fandom. I've considered leaving the VK fandom from time to time because some people in it are just my least favourite kind of people, but I think you'll find that to be the case with most things you're passionate about and the love you have for those things only serves to strengthen the hate you have for the people you just can't stand in the fandom. Anyways, have a good'un and see you later~ ^_^

10 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Aw, thank you! I hope you enjoy your break, and I look forward to seeing you back here soon.

BTW, if it means anything, just remember that there's some degree of toxicity in every fandom. I've considered leaving the VK fandom from time to time because some people in it are just my least favourite kind of people, but I think you'll find that to be the case with most things you're passionate about and the love you have for those things only serves to strengthen the hate you have for the people you just can't stand in the fandom. Anyways, have a good'un and see you later~ ^_^

My last comment.

Aww, thank you 😭

Honestly, out of like maybe 7 or 8 people on this place, your legit one of the most chill on MH. I honestly tolerate you than some of the more annoying ones one here. You seem nice and pretty awesome. I’d love to talk to you once I get back.

ありがとうございます!

Didn't you just make a new topic, like, just a few minutes ago?

Nevermind that, it's sad to see you go this quickly. Thank you for reviving discussion on MH with your threads, especially since you're a newbie who has lots of questions and there's nothing wrong with that. There hasn't been a lot of discussion on certain subjects before you came and posted about them, so I commend you for that; it really helps other newbies navigate this weird world of visual kei through a newbie's standpoint, followed along by replies of longtime fans with years of experience (which largely makes up the majority of this forum)

However, you must also realize that this is an open forum, where anybody is free to dish out their opinion, whether it be good or bad. You don't have to agree with it, but you have to deal with it; that is reality. I know you're young and you stand by your opinions, but I used to be like you, blowing up when someone said something negative about someone or something I care about, and it escalated to the point where I suffered consequences and basically had to grow up and redeem myself. That's basically how it is in the real world; sometimes you can't convince people that you're always right, and they stand by their own ideals no matter what. What's most important however is at the end of the day, their way of thinking shouldn't matter to you. You live your life by your own principles and your own beliefs, and you alone are in charge of that, not anyone else. All I'm saying is, don't let these people get in your head, and you'll be ok. 

Hope to see you again soon!

Farewell for now. I'm sure I'll see you around soon, here's hoping the VK subreddit is more to your liking. Geez...imagine putting any kind of faith in reddit lol, anyway, keep on staning Diru!

Oh it's really sad 😢.

I like many post of you. Good break 😊

And I wait you're return.

Edited by Miku70

19 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

and everyone one here can’t take an opinion sometimes.

How ironic.

Excuse me if I sound harsh, because you seem young and like the kind of people who are used to their cozy social media "safe spaces" and haven't really experienced classic forum culture. But people having opinions you don't agree with is normal and I personally like that MH is one of the last places where people can share their thoughts, as controversial as they may be, without getting flamed, doxxed or "cancelled". It's a shame that you read this as "toxicity".

Also like suji said: the world isn't going to end just because someone says something on the web. And MH, while petty at times, is relatively well behaved corner of the net. Anyway, I probably don't add much here, since nowadays I am just a mere silent reader and rarely participate anymore. But I came back and saw that the forum discussions were revived and just wanted to say thanks, because it has been some time since this forum had interesting, engaging topics to offer. It would be silly if you leave the place just because you feel offended, but do what you wanna do.

21 minutes ago, Ikna said:

How ironic.

Excuse me if I sound harsh, because you seem young and like the kind of people who are used to their cozy social media "safe spaces" and haven't really experienced classic forum culture. But people having opinions you don't agree with is normal and I personally like that MH is one of the last places where people can share their thoughts, as controversial as they may be, without getting flamed, doxxed or "cancelled". It's a shame that you read this as "toxicity".

Also like suji said: the world isn't going to end just because someone says something on the web. And MH, while petty at times, is relatively well behaved corner of the net. Anyway, I probably don't add much here, since nowadays I am just a mere silent reader and rarely participate anymore. But I came back and saw that the forum discussions were revived and just wanted to say thanks, because it has been some time since this forum had interesting, engaging topics to offer. It would be silly if you leave the place just because you feel offended, but do what you wanna do.

I understand where your coming from.

Honestly, controversial opinions I could care less about. I have experienced it myself. If people wanna say it so be it, but expect many people to get rallied up. I will admit I do that to, however I learn to be mature about it. I just have had bad experiences with this kind of stuff in the past. As for the whole "safe spaces"  stuff you said, I will admit it's fine to have a safe space, but for me, it depends on where it is. On here, I don't care. 

I admit I have had been toxic on here before, but I can admit my mistakes. I'm not saying your wrong here or anything. Anything regarding politics and social issues I often stay away from, especially on Reddit, because of a lot of assholes on there are sooo easily railed up. I'd honestly rather be on here than anywhere else. I'm not saying social or political discussions are bad, it's just that I avoid them because I know people are gonna start a war. 

If I ever come back, I think I'll just stay away from the Current Events board and stick to my fun questions. 

Also, just to clarify, I am not leaving because I am offended or anything.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen