CAT5

[Band Battle] キズ (Kizu) vs. DIMLIM

キズ (Kizu) vs. DIMLIM  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you prefer?

It's been a while since I cranked a Band Battle thread, but I thought this would make for an interesting match up! I've seen both Kizu and DIMLIM referred to as saviors of modern VK, but which band is MH REALLY feelin' the most? So, as always - which band do you prefer, and why?

キズ (Kizu)

r2QqJAA.jpg

Samples:

Spoiler

VS

DIMLIM

120820190411201311.jpg

Samples:

Spoiler

hajime!!! :wan-08:

I do legit think Kizu is gonna be the next big thing to come out of vk (whatever that means nowadays) but on a personal note I prefer dimlim and think their music is more impressive 

Nice pairing... quite a hard choice too. This will take me some time, lol.

On one hand, I find Kizu's output far more consistent, but DIMLIM has more highlights and memorability in some of their songs (but also some terrible misses). Also, funnily enough, both are bands I didn't quite like initially but gradually warmed up to over time.

Ah screw it, I'm going with Kizu.

Edited by Jigsaw9

damn, this is a hard pick but i'm gonna go with kizu.

both are on par with their recent releases but there are more songs from kizu that i like. also, kizu give an outstanding performance, although i have not seen live clips of dimlim so that may not be a plausible opinion.

DIMLIM! I do like both bands very much but I think DIMLIM has more variety and emotion in their songs. Also Sho is easily one of my favorite vocalists in the scene right now.

DIMLIM, all the way, always. Ever since I was floored by Aharewata, they never faltered and kept on giving a banger after banger. Displaying an insane amount of technical skill along with a gift for songwriting that any other young band simply hasn't reached, yet.

For me it's easily Kizu. They have been consistently great, with great production quality too, and creative composition. Also their live performance strikes a great balance between super energetic and emotional.

I just couldn't get into DIMLIM, which might sound strange coming from someone who likes NAZARE. I can respect that they're a talented bunch and see why they're so popular but something just didn't click with me. Also risky move making your first song unreadable (it's apparently 'Awareuta'.)

I prefer Dimlim, but they will never be as popular as Kizu. Kizu already pull crowds that Dimlim can only dream of. I think it might have something to do with Kizu targeting female audience specifically, whereas Dimlim's music are more suited for males.

Personally, I believe that Dimlim would have achieven more in Japan had they dropped of the visual kei look.

1 hour ago, zaa_zaa said:

I prefer Dimlim, but they will never be as popular as Kizu. Kizu already pull crowds that Dimlim can only dream of. I think it might have something to do with Kizu targeting female audience specifically, whereas Dimlim's music are more suited for males.

Personally, I believe that Dimlim would have achieven more in Japan had they dropped of the visual kei look.

You are correct in that Kizu targets females as they do a lot of instores and interact with fans, like most vk bands.

I don't think DIMLIM particularly targets males, though. Rather they just don't really do instores or interact with fans that much cause they're all awkward af. Not doing instores/eigyou is a no-go for a lot of bangya.

In addition, they don't play often (1-3 times a month), they manage themselves, they don't really have money or a lot of connections, Sho doesn't use SNS and the others are bad at it (another turn off for bangya as well as overseas fans), and they're not consistent with releases. The quality of their releases post-Issei have been top notch, but in the past year they've only put out a 10 song/2 SE album and a two song single with a 10 month gap between them.

Also I don't think they would achieve more if they dropped VK (tbh they're barely vk as it is). There's no money in metal in Japan unless you make it big and very few bands do.

I like both bands a lot, but I stan DIMLIM (no surprise there)
They're kinda clueless and not very consistent about certain things, but they're doing their best with their limited resources and I really respect/appreciate that, and their improvement post-Issei is honestly incredible.

I love Kizu's music and they put on great shows. I had a lot of good times seeing them in 2017, but there were so many crazy/desperate/violent people at their liquidroom oneman last year. My friends and I were being kicked by the people in front of us for 90% of the time🙄 I haven't gone since because I don't want to deal with that crap anymore. It's a real shame they have such terrible fans cause the guys really are good at what they do.

As for DIMLIM's lives, they are a lot more chill.

This is a hard one for me, but probably for the opposite reason of most members here. I don't get the hype for either band. They're both incredibly talented, but while Kizu's releases all sound like the same song (speedy blast beats and repeated noise-words, interjected with spots to allow guitar spins), DIMLIM is a bit all over the place, especially with recent releases. So I give my tip to them, since they're displaying more range musically. They may not have the business down as well as Kizu, but I'm here for the music first-and-foremost and not the gimmick.

• In any situation I usually lean towards more experimental (and progressive) bands, even if they're experimental to a fault.
  • I don't know how much of hand Lime has in composing, but when he was in LEZARD all their songs sounded like variations of the same song. Since Sora took his place their sound has become much more diverse (whilst keeping their signature melodies.) I'm noticing the same thing playing out with Kizu, but it's not like consistency has ever been a bad thing.
  • Kizu provides a solid live experience for bangya, while DIMLIM's target audience isn't as focused (a mixture of gya and metal doods.) They might fare better if they dropped the vk look, but they're too stylish to give that up T_T. I think if Deviloof can pull it off, so can DIMLIM.
  • Kizu is probably going to last longer, but DIMLIM is too much fun. I like surprises, Kizu doesn't give me surprises. 

I've tried several times to get into DIMLIM, it's not happening. Their songs are all over the place imo and they just end up sounding like noise to me. 

Kizu on the other hand are very well put together. Their songs are either really energetic or have just the right amount of emotion driving them. I have like maybe one Kizu song I don't care for. So it's easily going to be Kizu for me. 

Both bands are good and they have great moments, but Kizu's just has the kind of vk sound I'm partial for, and aside from a few occasions they're pretty dark and heavy without having to resort to too much americore riffing which I'll always be apprehensive towards in my visual kei. At their best DIMLIM mixes it up and at worst they drone in a metalcore song that'll honestly just make anyone who knows a thing or two put on something better from the US/UK/take your pick. Despite that however it does look the bands are in a bit of opposite trajectories where DIMLIM is diversifying more and more whereas Kizu is dangerously close to calling it a day and sticking with what they have. Either way I like Kizu more so my vote goes that way. 

To my surprise Lime's voice has been grating my ears recently, whereas I haven't suffered the same thing with dimlim. So I'll got with the latter. 

dimlim can play circles around kizu and tbh musically I think kizu peaked with the steroid single (unpopular opinion ;))

DIMLIM is in the scene basically independently, and without money for almost everything and even then their releases are of great quality.  Kizu, for me, everything that came after the single "Zero" is horrible and repetitive for me.  So my vote will always be for DIMLIM, in any case, always.