secret_no_03

Japanese Anti-Feminism

I'm an avid watcher of Yuta and Nobita on YouTube and occasionally watch Asian Boss, and the videos about feminism or lack there of in Japan is fascinating. America and Europe has always had deeply rooted feminism and Japan seems to be the exact opposite, the interviews with the average Japanese women would make feminists head explode; the women surprisingly or maybe not so surprisingly felt that women already had more rights and advantages than men and had it easier than men which is far and away from the institutionalized patriarchy and what has been called the anti-cis-white-male movement by many, not just incels.

This could technically open up to a broader conversation about conservatism being the norm in Japan, but that's another topic, best not to muddy the waters.

The comments on the "Does Japan Need Femenism" are fucking toxic. "Hur Dee Dur FEMINISM RUINS EVERYTHING" or "HUR DUR ALL FEMINISTS ARE CLOSE MINDED"

Well you see, generalizing a whole group of people is fucking toxic, you have already disproved yourself. Yes, there are toxic feminists out there, but, oh I don't know, maybe there ARE open minded feminists out there if you actually had a brain

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

The comments on the "Does Japan Need Femenism" are fucking toxic. "Hur Dee Dur FEMINISM RUINS EVERYTHING" or "HUR DUR ALL FEMINISTS ARE CLOSE MINDED"

Well you see, generalizing a whole group of people is fucking toxic, you have already disproved yourself. Yes, there are toxic feminists out there, but, oh I don't know, maybe there ARE open minded feminists out there if you actually had a brain

To be fair, this is about Japan, not internet trolls that make up majority of all youtube comments. 

1 minute ago, secret_no_03 said:

To be fair, this is about Japan, not internet trolls that make up majority of all youtube comments. 

Sorry, I used to have a really bad anti feminist mind set at the age of 14 so these comments hit home for me. 

31 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Sorry, I used to have a really bad anti feminist mind set at the age of 14 so these comments hit home for me. 

I'm nearly 30 and went from not caring about anything when I was your age to getting right as far deep into SJW land as possible, voted for Obama and founded the North American chapter of a Japanese antifa, but as I've gotten older and seen what feminism and SJWs and censorship etc can do, I'm somewhere in the middle now.

Edited by secret_no_03

11 minutes ago, Neigedesmannes said:

I thought the title was about Anti-Feminism the band at first. 

I can see that, but I put it here because it's not VK related, otherwise it'd be in the general.