Masato

The return of the BL fanservice

29 minutes ago, anadentone said:

you forgot the grandpa's of BL- Mana and Gackt from back in Malice Mizer days :D

I just had a feeling the whole BL thing was more pronounced back in the day anyway.

3 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

It is very much. The LGBT community in Japan is miniscule compared to pretty much anywhere else, they have a small pride parade, but generally gay is humor of Japan. Hell, Hard Gay has made a career on that sensibility of Japanese humor.

Oh that’s awful. I’m sure not ALL of Japan is homophobic but just making it into a joke isn’t really funny. 

26 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Oh that’s awful. I’m sure not ALL of Japan is homophobic but just making it into a joke isn’t really funny. 

Homophobia makes up the Japanese male process for lack of a better word. Guys being all over each other or kissing each other when they're drunk is just a way to fuck with each other, but it's not something they take seriously. 

32 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

They sure as hell aren't for gays adopting.

East Asia in general treats lgbt as humor, unfortunately.

iirc, interestingly, some japanese lgbt people have said that they do not think bills for equal rights should be passed now as the jp populace doesn't really understand lgbt, or have misconceptions, even though there were some politicians pushing for equal rights. This was some years ago though.

Often I find the bl fanservice in vk to be....awkward, to say the least. Feels exceedingly contrived with an undertone of reluctance. If you're going to do it then just go all way and act properly dammit! the half baked-ness adds to the cringe.

I thought the kaitou example was just jewel(juex? I don't know his name lol) trying to expose kinoko's thighs for fun lol.

I only let that pass if it was done by Maria Cross. Since she is trans/bi herself. 

And I am still waiting for that fan service between Maria and Onan Spellmermaid.

2 hours ago, gret said:

interestingly, some japanese lgbt people have said that they do not think bills for equal rights should be passed now as the jp populace doesn't really understand lgbt, or have misconceptions

it's neither interesting, nor different from conservative gay men/transwomen mindset in the west.

people who prioritize blending in and "bEiNg NoRmAl" typically don't do shit to advance minority rights.

13 minutes ago, LIDL said:

I only let that pass if it was done by Maria Cross. Since she is trans/bi herself. 

pretty sure he's supposedly married and drinks with underage girls.

don't slander Onan like this

17 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

it's neither interesting, nor different from conservative gay men/transwomen mindset in the west.

people who prioritize blending in and "bEiNg NoRmAl" typically don't do shit to advance minority rights.

I see, I'm from somewhere near East Asia so this sentiment was rather unexpected to me.

imo they felt misunderstood, whether be it by the public or the (straight) politicians pushing the issue on behalf of them. iirc they were interviewed at a pride parade so I don't think keeping status quo was their goal, but was more concerned about the means of going about it.

24 minutes ago, suji said:

Who is Onan?

16 minutes ago, gret said:

iirc they were interviewed at a pride parade so I don't think keeping status quo was their goal

which makes total sense because they attended pride to get dicked, not comment on the social status of sexual minorities.

closeted white politicians get their life on coachella or like elsewhere and go back to writing regressive laws that hurt their own population, and there always will be their hangers-on even if they're fully aware of what's happening.

1 hour ago, suji said:

Maybe the waifu is her beards ☹️

Most of the fanservice in VK, kpop and all that stuff seems to primarily be set up as dumb pandering garbage for the femcel fujo crowd, and the whole thing literally  just feels like a (mostly) genderswapped version of subhuman otaku dudes creeping on female j- or k-pop idols/gravure models when viewed on the ''how many levels of delusion are you on right now, bro?''-scale