spockitty

VK grandma represent \o/

26 minutes ago, deedlitmurata said:

Welcome to the forum fellow granny/veteran, I'm also on the way-above-30ties-table, I rather not dwell into how far I'm into the 30ties now XD

Haha, it be like that XD

26 minutes ago, deedlitmurata said:

but I can relate to all the things mentioned like dial-up connections and downloading videos with very low quality that for me were the equivalent of HD 1080 XD 

you know! now that I think about it, I wonder what a cosmic coincidence me dling that video was. I mean, those were times way before youtube, let alone any other video streaming. I have some Miyavi's PVs from that era on VHS for FFS. what kind of magic did those olde people performed to get it on the internet I can only imagine o-o

32 minutes ago, deedlitmurata said:

my sources were mostly homestead jmusic pages I happen to find (I think homestead doesn't even exist anymore).  It's good to have more old vkei fans join the forum so we can reminisce about how things were in terms of vkei in those times xD  I hope you find some new bands to enjoy, i'm still following my old bands from the past and going into jpop/mainstream jrock too.

I'll be honest I don't know what homestead is :'D I used Limewire, livejournal and later jpopsuki's torrents (gods know how did I get myself on that VIP™ site) and just plain ol' CDJapan when I got my hands on some money, but that was way later in high-school.

What bands you've stuck by? Gimme some namessss

3 hours ago, spockitty said:

Hello and thank you! :)

And do you still listen to the same bands you were at the beginning? Because I don't know about the others but Miyavi's music today and in early 00's is like night and day. As big of a die hard fan I used to be back then, it's just not my cup of tea anymore~

Well, yeah. I don't listen to Miyavi's newest stuff. I don't really enjoy the latest GazettE and well, Dir en grey's newer stuff is okay I guess haha. I still prefer their old stuff. X Japan, well, they haven't released anything in years haha. Oh I forgot to mention but I listened to Nightmare too, and well, I prefer their old sound compared to newest stuff. So yeah I guess I'm the same as you haha. I like newer band like DADAROMA, Jiluka, Nocturnal Bloodlust. I also enjoy lynch, but not their last album haha. They are kinda old but I discovered them in 2014 and was hooked up. Dunno, the old bands releases are just... dunno, maybe I'm too old for that haha and can't get into their newer sound.

But about Miyavi, I miss the old days, I miss how he was just fooling around with his guitar... now it's just... meh.

Oh and you're welcome haha!

3 minutes ago, Alsdead14 said:

Well, yeah. I don't listen to Miyavi's newest stuff. I don't really enjoy the latest GazettE and well, Dir en grey's newer stuff is okay I guess haha. I still prefer their old stuff. X Japan, well, they haven't released anything in years haha. Oh I forgot to mention but I listened to Nightmare too, and well, I prefer their old sound compared to newest stuff. So yeah I guess I'm the same as you haha. I like newer band like DADAROMA, Jiluka, Nocturnal Bloodlust. I also enjoy lynch, but not their last album haha. They are kinda old but I discovered them in 2014 and was hooked up. Dunno, the old bands releases are just... dunno, maybe I'm too old for that haha and can't get into their newer sound.

But about Miyavi, I miss the old days, I miss how he was just fooling around with his guitar... now it's just... meh.

Oh and you're welcome haha!

I just look at Miyavi and think, good for you man, you seem to be doing well for yourself but as for the music?? As you said, meh. He is such a skilled guitarist, and I feel like that skill is lost in his recent releases, but to each their own. 

I also just realized that while I never listed to X Japan, I did stan Yoshiki and SUGIZO pretty hard in my youth, Eternal Melody II and Truth? respectively??? You ever get into their solo stuff? Also Miyavi's collab with SUGIZO on Hino Hikarisae Todokanai Kono Bashode was like the end of an era for Miyavi's music (apparently according to last.fm I've listened to this song 321 times, goodgod). 

Never heard of Jiluka, gotta check them out! As for Nocturnal Bloodlust, I've dismissed them initially but that new song is so good????  tried DADAROMA but it didn't really stick sorry 

lynch oh lynch, I tried to like them so much. I cought The avoided sun before my break in vk, and I really liked it but I've tried their stuff again this time around and well?  Cultic my execution stuck with me because it reminds me of Tool but other than that idk.... you mind sharing with me your fav songs so I can give them another chance maybe? 

2 hours ago, raspberrynilla said:

Welcome!! It’s always awesome to have more fellow veteran fans come to this forum! 😁 

Hehe thanks! However this place doesn't seem to be hurting for veterans ;)

From your description i really thought you were going to be some 50 or 60 year old grandma...smh.

Anyway enjoy your stay. And i dimlim too, It's my 2nd fav band.

4 hours ago, FOSCOR70 said:

From your description i really thought you were going to be some 50 or 60 year old grandma...smh.

Anyway enjoy your stay. And i dimlim too, It's my 2nd fav band.

Lol that would be something! 

And what's the first fav? Asking for a friend ;)

Vk-granny...so I'm a so called vk-Methusalem then O_o

Anyways...good to see u returning after that long time and experiencing new vk ^^

I never left but well...sometimes let it go low for some time and getting strong on it again when discovering something new within the scene ^^

17 minutes ago, Alucardius said:

Vk-granny...so I'm a so called vk-Methusalem then O_o

Anyways...good to see u returning after that long time and experiencing new vk ^^

I never left but well...sometimes let it go low for some time and getting strong on it again when discovering something new within the scene ^^

Haha, what have I brought on myself with that title, smh. 

I've been in the kpop scene for so long and I'm really ancient there, so I didn't really expect the demographic here to be so much closer to my age than your average edgy teenager's. Should have figured~

Anyway, thanks! ^^

On 6/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, spockitty said:

Haha, it be like that XD

you know! now that I think about it, I wonder what a cosmic coincidence me dling that video was. I mean, those were times way before youtube, let alone any other video streaming. I have some Miyavi's PVs from that era on VHS for FFS. what kind of magic did those olde people performed to get it on the internet I can only imagine o-o

I'll be honest I don't know what homestead is :'D I used Limewire, livejournal and later jpopsuki's torrents (gods know how did I get myself on that VIP™ site) and just plain ol' CDJapan when I got my hands on some money, but that was way later in high-school.

What bands you've stuck by? Gimme some namessss

haha I also wonder how they managed to put those videos in the web. Homestead was a web hosting service, and I remember I found some websites there that posted very bad quality Jmusic PVs, and they were split in smaller pieces xD so you had to download each piece and then join them with winrar or some other similar program.

So from bands that I'm following since those times, there's Plastic Tree, LUNA SEA, Dir en Grey, GLAY (not vkei anymore) and baroque. There's also the musicians from former bands that have projects that I follow today, for example after PIERROT disbanded (my former favorite band) the band Angelo was formed, which is my current favorite band. Also after Raphael disbanded, rice was formed (disbanded too but the singer has a new project),  aki former vocalist of Laputa has a very good solo career with some good music. After Janne da Arc disbanded, Acid Black Cherry was born too which is very good, after disbandment of ICEMAN project, the keyboardist has very nice projects (mostly Jpop though).  Right now I'm also digging Alice in Menswear (former La'cryma Christi guitarist and former Maschera vocalist); and from the newer bands I really love RAZOR, Blu-billion and The Thirteen. ^^

1 hour ago, deedlitmurata said:

and they were split in smaller pieces xD so you had to download each piece and then join them with winrar or some other similar program.

YES! Everything was in pieces good lord, I totally forgot about that ^^; I think even I used to upload my DVD's in like 7 parts or sth. 

1 hour ago, deedlitmurata said:

So from bands that I'm following since those times, there's Plastic Tree, LUNA SEA, Dir en Grey, GLAY (not vkei anymore) and baroque. There's also the musicians from former bands that have projects that I follow today, for example after PIERROT disbanded (my former favorite band) the band Angelo was formed, which is my current favorite band. Also after Raphael disbanded, rice was formed (disbanded too but the singer has a new project),  aki former vocalist of Laputa has a very good solo career with some good music. After Janne da Arc disbanded, Acid Black Cherry was born too which is very good, after disbandment of ICEMAN project, the keyboardist has very nice projects (mostly Jpop though).  Right now I'm also digging Alice in Menswear (former La'cryma Christi guitarist and former Maschera vocalist); and from the newer bands I really love RAZOR, Blu-billion and The Thirteen. ^^

Ahhh wow, Plastic Tree is still around??? You know what, I tried listening to baroque yesterday, went on Spotify and that profile is a mess, I think there are 3 different artists on there ;/ funnily enough there is another japanese artist by the name of baroque, he does electronic instrumentals. As for the rest, I know them all by name, but never gotten much into them, aside from Acid Black Cherry, that I was into pretty hard back in the day :D and RAZOR! I haven't heard much but I like what I have! 

The rest is going on my to-listen list, thanks ^^

*shakes cane* welcome to MH fellow senior citizen.  Theses young whipper snappers with their snapcats and instagrammars  don't understand our ways sometimes but these youngins are good kids, they just have a young/hate relationship with "shipping" . I'm soon to be 39 :D

39 minutes ago, anadentone said:

*shakes cane* welcome to MH fellow senior citizen.  Theses young whipper snappers with their snapcats and instagrammars  don't understand our ways sometimes but these youngins are good kids, they just have a young/hate relationship with "shipping" . I'm soon to be 39 :D

Hehe, hello and thank you! ^^ I gotta admit the demographic's much more advanced in age than I've anticipated while joining. Which, for me, awesome, for industry probably not so much in the long run :P 

22 hours ago, spockitty said:

YES! Everything was in pieces good lord, I totally forgot about that ^^; I think even I used to upload my DVD's in like 7 parts or sth. 

Ahhh wow, Plastic Tree is still around??? You know what, I tried listening to baroque yesterday, went on Spotify and that profile is a mess, I think there are 3 different artists on there ;/ funnily enough there is another japanese artist by the name of baroque, he does electronic instrumentals. As for the rest, I know them all by name, but never gotten much into them, aside from Acid Black Cherry, that I was into pretty hard back in the day :D and RAZOR! I haven't heard much but I like what I have! 

The rest is going on my to-listen list, thanks ^^

hahaha yes, Plastic Tree is around forever xD they release singles every year and albums almost every year, and everything so far is awesome, the vocalist (Ryutaro Arimura) also started his solo career and he already has 2 solo albums and concerts released in DVD too ^^ I particularly love his second album, it's really great.   I didn't know about the other artist by the name of baroque xD   I haven't been able to get into spotify, it's still difficult for me to understand that concept xD I guess i'm really old after all LOL 

2 hours ago, deedlitmurata said:

hahaha yes, Plastic Tree is around forever xD they release singles every year and albums almost every year, and everything so far is awesome, the vocalist (Ryutaro Arimura) also started his solo career and he already has 2 solo albums and concerts released in DVD too ^^ I particularly love his second album, it's really great.   I didn't know about the other artist by the name of baroque xD   I haven't been able to get into spotify, it's still difficult for me to understand that concept xD I guess i'm really old after all LOL 

that'm impressive really! XD I used to really like their concepts but only a few songs appealed to me. 

I used to be a big sceptic when it comes to digital content and paying for the stuff you don't really physically own. Steam got me used to it first, I suppose, now I don't even have a CDrom in my PC ^^; As for Spotify, it's a great place to get into new music imo, most importantly music that would not be readily available to you via mainstream media. I pay for premium and I think it's a steal with the amount of music I listen to on a daily basis. And it scrobbles automatically to last.fm ;=; Now even jrock/vk is jumping on the bandwagon (maybe more dipping their toes than jumping but hey, it's better than nothing!). 

On 6/17/2019 at 2:16 AM, AwesomeNyappy said:

Ah, sadly I think the vk scene is dying on us. I mean, there are some youngsters, sure, but they are not enough. And a lot of old vk fans stop listening to it. I’ve also had breaks in between where I’d been less interested, but overall I still enjoyed the music, so there’s that.

I’d say that anyone over 25 can be considered a granny in the vk scene 😄

Hey y'all! Visual Kei Oyaji here as well!

I'll be 30 next year, and i'll be damned if i stop listening to the bands that I stan (Plastic Tree, Dir en grey, sukekiyo, THE NOVEMBERS).

34 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

I'll be 30 next year, and i'll be damned if i stop listening to the bands that I stan (Plastic Tree, Dir en grey, sukekiyo, THE NOVEMBERS).

Hahaha, this thread has become a support group for the vk elders XD Welcome welcome, have a cookie!

42 minutes ago, EzraEroguro said:

Same, glad I'm not the only grandpa here, 30 next February.

19 hours ago, spockitty said:

that'm impressive really! XD I used to really like their concepts but only a few songs appealed to me. 

I used to be a big sceptic when it comes to digital content and paying for the stuff you don't really physically own. Steam got me used to it first, I suppose, now I don't even have a CDrom in my PC ^^; As for Spotify, it's a great place to get into new music imo, most importantly music that would not be readily available to you via mainstream media. I pay for premium and I think it's a steal with the amount of music I listen to on a daily basis. And it scrobbles automatically to last.fm ;=; Now even jrock/vk is jumping on the bandwagon (maybe more dipping their toes than jumping but hey, it's better than nothing!). 

Yeah, that's exactly what happens to me, I'm very skeptical about paying for something I don't own..  I use steam as well, but when it comes to games I don't mind, I usually don't play the game ever again after I finish it. But when it comes to music, I think there's no comparison to opening the CD case, go through the booklet, put the CD and play, there is nothing that compares to this enjoyment (imo haha),  and for getting into new music, I usually rely on Youtube, I prefer watching promo videos and then decide if I want to buy discs lol, but I think this depend on each person.