Hello everyone,

Let's discuss the Brexit fun! It has been very entertaining so far, displaying haow a country can come to a complete stand-still by inept politicians and uninformed masses. 

Honestly, I hope Brexit fails big time for Britain in a way, so that other nationalists can't follow suit. Britain is still a "wealthy" country and can cope with it one way or another. I don't think Italy, Spain, Greece, Poland etc. could deal with the aftermath as well....

Brexit's a weird issue for me (as it is for everyone, I guess). I wasn't old enough to vote when it was all happening, but if I was, I woulda voted to remain, only... well, we voted to leave, so why don't we just leave already? Dgmw, that's not particularly what I want for the UK, but it's what we voted for and this "best of three" mentality is just childish. We live in a democracy, so we should value people's votes instead of having them overturned just because some people suddenly decided they didn't like it. I don't like it either, but if they were qualified to vote and didn't, that's their fault. -_-

Man, do I have a lot to say about this. 

First of all, I remember when the Brexit vote was happening there were no hard facts, no plan, nothing about what would happen if the country actually left the EU. What I did see was a lot of patriotic rubbish being spread about how Britain needs to stand on its own again. Now here's what I also saw. This woman got asked why she wanted to vote leave, her answer was, and I quote, so she could eat 100% British eggs for breakfast. Eggs are some of the very few things which are NOT imported in England. Next, a colleague of mine at uni said he was voting leave simply because he had never been in an England that was independent, so he was doing it out of curiosity. He also said that Europeans immigrants were taking the jobs in the country and it isn't fair. His (newly immigrant) Japanese girlfriend (whose English was very basic to say the least) lost the nurse position she applied for to a Hungarian person. So yeah, ignorance all around. 

Also, isn't it a bad sign when the dude who proposed the Brexit vote resigned on the same day as the results came out? And it says a lot about the British that most politicians who back Brexit now have dual passports for their families and/or houses in the sunnier parts of Europe. 

As an immigrant in the UK I had no right to vote despite living here for over a decade. You could say that for those reasons my views are biased lol but as an outsider I also get somewhat of a clearer look at things. England imports most of their products. There are cities in Spain which have a population of mostly British middle aged people. Yet they spit on Europe and talk about being proud. Of what? You couldn't stand on your feet if immigrants left. The people who do the shitty jobs, jobs that are too humiliating for the average brit, are all immigrants. It's not a case of the jobs are being stolen, it's a matter of pride and thinking you are better than others. I've lived this and have been humiliated for being okay with so-called dirty, hands on jobs, and so have my foreign friends. 

The reason I focus on England when talking about this issue is because Welsh people are chill and the Scottish want nothing to do with England, but are sadly lumped with it. England has its nose way to high up considering how much they depend on the rest of the world (not just EU) for their economy, work force, holidays and food lol 

It'll impact me negatively somehow, but I'm enjoying seeing England embarrass itself on an international level. Everyone knows it's a bad idea. Banks and many other businesses have already left the country. But the government is still pushing it just to save face. Me and my European friends really hope they fuck themselves over and then, hopefully, the country will learn what England is without the people that make it function. What a shock it'll be when the people find out they won't be able to just walk in and out of the beaches in Portugal or the French Countryside lol

Also the people (read: old and white who will die before they see the hard impact of Brexit) are super against a second vote because they know others have realised the size of this fuck up. "the people have spoken", let them speak again. If you're so sure of it then a 2nd vote won't change anything.

The first vote was NOT an informed decision on anyone's part in any way, shape or form. Now that there have been negotiations and there is an idea (albeit a vague one) of the new laws and regulations which would be in place after Brexit, maybe now would be a better time to give people the vote. 

/EndRANT

I honestly think it's a farce! And I totally don't get why May wanted to side with the Brexiteers instead of the modarate/remainers... I think that way she could have been more successful. And I totally don't get the British voting for the Brexit politicians again (on EU level) etc. That decided to quit their job just right after the initial vote was conducted. That just shows you that no one had a plan and it's just a huge pile of shit....

Well, I think a second referendum would now be a forcibly more educated one. 

Also I don't get the guys trying for a hard brexit because they are against the Ireland border solution. A hard Brexit would make things even worse.... 🤦‍♀️

7 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Has anyone seen the movie? Is it worth seeing and or a clear representation of what's going on?

What movie? It's an ongoing political process.... there are so many news stories etc. about it, so pick your favourite! Also some comedians are talking about it. 😂

The coolest is an interview with a flower shop owner that says he will have problems getting fresh flowers and it will impact his business a lot. When asked what he voted he said "leave", but he regrets it now.

2 hours ago, Masato said:

What movie? It's an ongoing political process.... there are so many news stories etc. about it, so pick your favourite! Also some comedians are talking about it. 😂

The coolest is an interview with a flower shop owner that says he will have problems getting fresh flowers and it will impact his business a lot. When asked what he voted he said "leave", but he regrets it now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brexit%3A_The_Uncivil_War?wprov=sfla1

Benedict Cumberbatch plays Dominic Cummings.

If anything it's about the lies and campains before the vote. Which is probably also very interesting, but the real shit began AFTER the vote and is continuing to this day!

5 minutes ago, Masato said:

If anything it's about the lies and campains before the vote. Which is probably also very interesting, but the real shit began AFTER the vote and is continuing to this day!

Well, here's hoping they make another movie, a documentary, a series or something about the post vote and the fall of Theresa May 😊

4 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Well, here's hoping they make another movie, a documentary, a series or something about the post vote and the fall of Theresa May 😊

You are such a movie/youtube victim! LOL

Why wait for a movie when it's going on live before your eyes?

3 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

I will be the first to admit that Brexit confuses me as an American, I understood more before the vote than after.

Then you have a lot in common with the British, who also had no idea what was going on. 😂 

Unfortunately,  now they have to deal with reality and that's more complicated than slogans on a bus. 🤡

Watch the John Oliver video I posted! It actually raises some good points in a very understandable way. :)

Also the downfall of May is a disaster in my opinion as the follow up guys now have even less solutions to the problems occurring...

The British have voted "No" on 8 alternatives! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

With no one proposing a good solution. It's such a mess.

The problem is, no one knew back then what "leave" really meant and nowadays they still have no clue what exactly they want.