jurideluhi

How much do you spend for jrock releases?

Lately I don't have the money anymore to buy cd's, so I only get them when they're sold at concerts...

Though i should be getting a new job soon, so that means I'll have some more money to spend :)

Guest Naru

I spent a lot of money on cd releases. my collection is growing and growing

and soon I will buy another 3 new releases. _-_

not that I really got the money.. but yeah...

I just want to support!!~

I have no idea how much I've actually spent on albums in the past, but I pretty wasted most of my money on music. Back in the day I didn't have to worry about bills nor customs, so I could afford quite a lot. Lately, however, I haven't been buying all that many releases. I spent no more than $200 on Japanese music last year.

Seeing as I havent had a job until jsut recently I have spent 18 dollars on jrock within the last 2 years :[ (I have a lot of cds to buy) but usually when I buy stuff i spend from 18-70 bucks on stuff at a time

Guest Naru

I just bought the regular edition of Acid Black Cherry newest single: 1000yen

But I want to buy loudness world tour dvd: around 7500 yen, alamode magazine cd vol. 4, >< and some other more cd's

MAN =_= I got bad feeling that I will spent in the last 2 months around 200euro for music.. fuck hey man.

Guest mitsubana

Sometimes a lot... Usually the CDs I want tend to come out all at the same time... So yeah... I end up spending lots o' money on visual kei music.

Too much...especially with not having a job.

But since CNBLUE like to release shit every other day it seems, I guess I would be spending about....75-100$ a month-ish

a LOT more when I was working tho :(

It depends... last year I did only spend ca. 50€ for CDs, but this year already more than 120€. It helps a lot that the Euro is stronger than the Dollar or Yen which means I get the stuff cheaper (especially the shippinh which is the main reason why I don't buy japanese CDs so often)

It depends if there is interesting releases (which I can actually buy somehow, lol) and if I happen to find some cool new band, also if I have money or not :x. I like to buy though if I can afford as collecting is kinda like hobby. But usually buy around 2 - 4 releases/month I guess. More often singles and mini-albums than actual full length albums, never really count how much money I actually end up using though but I guess it is somewhat easy to estimate about...

Guest mitsu the indie girl

I used to spend a lot of money on Japanese music... Now that I'm not into visual kei as much anymore, I've found that I can get more music purchasing J-Rock / J-Pop indie music (non-visual) for the same price it took to pay for two visual kei CDs. 

So maybe $100 every few months or so.... Depending.

I am sure I already spent over 3000.- on all my japanese CDs... have over 250 discs at the moment...

countless concerts... and merchandise and all kind of shit..

but the last few months I barley bought anything cuz I don't have even time to unpack the Cds...

shitty work -.-

That's ok, unpacking CDs imo is one of the most awesomest feeling in the world. I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago and I had over 10 CDs to unpack and open....OH MY! That excitement, that wonder of the contents, one of the best feelings ever!

ARE YOU ALL RICH? (or am I just too poor?)

I am not spending much money on CD releases. First, I mainly buy used VK CDs that aren't from such uber-rare bands. So the prices are not that high. I mostly order a batch of CDs for like 40-60€ every 2 or 3 months. I buy new releases only form bands that are really my top faves, which would be just Grieva and NightingeiL at the moment. I wouldn't even have the money to be able to spend more than 30€ on CDs every month, let alone 200€ for VK CDs in a year. That's because I happen to find it more useful to save up my money for a flat, a car licence or anything else I'd like to have in the near future. Also I already buy enough non-japanese music and clothes.

I wish though to spend more money on japanese CDs and rarez once I may get a job and a stable income.

--

I wish though to spend more money on japanese CDs and rarez once I may get a job and a stable income.

I think you answered your own question :D If you have a stable income it is very likely you are able to afford to buy a lot of CDs.

I think that at the moment I'm using probably 50-100€ per month to CDs. Though my only income is my student allowance, I've been using my savings a lot recently...

But once I really get to start my summer job full time I could easily spend almost 1000€ in CDs per month (without saving anything ofc). Not that I'm really going to do that even though I wanted to, in my opinion that's just insane :D I'll rather save for an apartment of my own and put some money aside for a possible Japan trip in the future or something.

But I think the thing with affording or not affording to buy CDs is just the matter of prioritizing - how do you personally want to use your money.

well hard to say. in the past it could certainly be like 300-400 € if it was a interesting month and lots of rarez at auctions too.

im a little bit on a difficult place this year so it was mostly around 100€ nowadays.

I am not spending much money on CD releases. First, I mainly buy used VK CDs that aren't from such uber-rare bands. So the prices are not that high. I mostly order a batch of CDs for like 40-60€ every 2 or 3 months. I buy new releases only form bands that are really my top faves, which would be just Grieva and NightingeiL at the moment. I wouldn't even have the money to be able to spend more than 30€ on CDs every month, let alone 200€ for VK CDs in a year. That's because I happen to find it more useful to save up my money for a flat, a car licence or anything else I'd like to have in the near future. Also I already buy enough non-japanese music and clothes.

Haha, I am far from rich, just more established I guess.  Usually it's always the shipping that kills me, places like Brand X only allow EMS for international purchases which by itself is about 20$. Crazy.