secret_no_03

Visual Kei in film and television

Can't say I know of any productions that were specifically made for VK, but as referencing goes, I can think of a few animations that have brought in VK characters or small references. (Just about everything I know in films has already been mentioned)

-The manga Skip Beat (follows show business) has a character named Reino who's in a visual kei band. 

-The anime Sket Dance has a visual kei character named Dante. He's voiced by Gackt (lol). 

-And I remember a friend of mine once showed me some Naruto mini where one of the characters was imagining the worst possible boyfriend scenario a girl could have and it was a visual kei dude (lol again).  

Needless to say, most of the portrayals are actually kind of negative.  The character Gackt voices is stereotypical but also pretty comical, so that one isn't too bad.

Also I think a few anime and video game characters have been modeled after Kiyoharu, but I don't know any specific names. 

Also not VK related, but I remember Kyan Yutaka was in a movie a few years ago. I think he's trying to make it as an actor. And if we count Onegai Versailles, then Golden Bomber also made their own movie a long time ago called Sorinokoshita Natsu. It was special, to put it nicely.  

5 minutes ago, Doesn'tEvenGoHere said:

Also not VK related, but I remember Kyan Yutaka was in a movie a few years ago. I think he's trying to make it as an actor. And if we count Onegai Versailles, then Golden Bomber also made their own movie a long time ago called Sorinokoshita Natsu. It was special, to put it nicely.  

Yeah, he starred in Shi ga Futari wo Wakatsu Made... and has been in a few dramas too, but he does way more acting in stage productions (Fushigi Yugi, Inu Yasha, Goku, and Shiranami) than film or tv. 

6 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Okay, I think we've gone through every media except video games. Any VK looking video game characters?

DEG members models 3D were implemented in a MMORPG back in 2011/2012...

7 hours ago, meikyoushisui said:

The only example I can think of is when an Arlequin poster appeared on zombieland saga

43317213_1997457726978690_49890626885302

And this anime, in another episode , you can see a poster of Codomo Dragon, but I don't remember which episode exactly 😔.

Edited by Miku70

3 hours ago, xriko said:

DEG members models 3D were implemented in a MMORPG back in 2011/2012...

Anymore information? Like which mmorpg?

miyavi is an accomplished western actreuse w. 2 roles (that wwII angelina movie and a recent kong movie role);

Gackt does TV acting more or less on the reg;

Hakuei is an occassional actreuse, cue wiki:

In 1997 he worked as an actor in the movie -Thirty 30- and in 1998 he played Hamlet in Penicillin's Rock Opera Hamlet (written by Kiyoshi, ex-hide with Spread Beaver)

her most recent acting role from 2004 - https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/キスとキズ

I think Yuuki from Jinkaku Radio did some theater acting at some point before their hiatus, but I doubt she'll get casted anywhere else at this point.

It's also not about VK, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Sugizo starring in the movie "Soundtrack" yet? He also wrote the music.

I think it's the only film starring a VK musician I've ever actually watched. Can't say I really understood the plot, but it has some really beautiful and strange scenes. Lol, I still remember that puppet show from the beginning pretty clearly, and I watched it over a decade ago.

Edited by violetchain

On 6/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, nekkichi said:

miyavi is an accomplished western actreuse w. 2 roles (that wwII angelina movie and a recent kong movie role);

And bleach movie :D

35 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

oh right, is it out yet? she actually looked rly good on the promo pictures tbh

Yeah, did watch it on UK Netflix already some months ago. 

Hide appeared in the anime "Osumatsu-san" and Yoshiki apperead in "Midnight! Genius Bakabon". Both are quite funny skits so I recommend watching them!

For J-dramas Golden Bomber had a big role in the High & Low series. 

Atsushi Sakurai was the main character in Longinus. 

As for games, Gackt claimed that Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy 8 was based off of him. 

This might completely be off-topic or irrelevant, but SuG was in a Thai commercial for soda back in the day.