Sign in to follow this  
AwesomeNyappy

Introductions

To all of you lovely people here,

this is the chance to introduce yourself! You don't need to get personal, you can just post who you are, maybe your hobbies, and what you like about AnCafe/when you started listening to them and why?

My name is AwesomeNyappy. I started listening to Ancafe when I was 13. Bou was still in the band (haha, I'm old), and he used to be my favourite member. I absolutely adored his style and used to print out pictures of the band that I would keep in a folder or pin to my wall. A friend of mine once have me a mix CD with Japanese music that an older friend of hers compiled (she was big into visual kei and cosplay.) I'd already been a fan of manga and anime for many years, so this wasn't quite of stretch. At first I thought the music sounded a bi weird, but then I got really into it. AnCafe was my first and will probably be my favourite visual kei band forever. Their sound used to be light, full of hope and yet there was a hint of melancholy and sadness about it too. I have fond memories of listening to the band when I was on holiday as a young teenager.

They were also my first concert. I had just turned 16, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. Managed to again see them in 2014 in Berlin, and am very thankful for that.

When they disbanded, it felt as if an era in my life had come to an end/as if I had lost a part of myself, as cheesy as that sounds.

I really wanted to get their last live DVD as well, but i missed the deadline to order it by a day (I know...but I was very stressed at that time, and I wasn't even sure if I should get it for 120 euros are a lot of money.) I still try not to regret not taking the last chance to get their autographs because of how much they meant to me. I wanted this last DVD to say goodbye to them, but I guess there is nothing I can do about it now. At the same time, imagine it would've gotten lost in the mail....I would've been even sadder. Still, I now feel weird listening to them because that missed chance is on my mind (as weird as that sounds.) I don't want this regret to overshadow my love for their music.

However, they meant a lot to me growing up, and while I'm not the type of person to be too bumbed my disbandments (because honestly, there are worse things in life), I'm still a bit sad that I won't see them live again.

What about you? :) 

I discover An Cafe by  my sister's rock magazine, because the old family is really slow to start. Maybe it's 2006 or 2007, and Bou was in the band.  I was 12 or 13 years old don't know visual kei and I convinced Bou was a women 😥. My little sister explained me  Bou was a guy.   And more later , I watch their MV on Youtube.

My third pseudonym is Miku70, because I am great fan of Miku of An Cafe  and 70, because it's the number of my  French department .

An Cafe is my first band of visual kei and  I love them rapidily. I am a very shy, I bougth their album in 2008 and their old more laters. I have not best of or singles releases. ( and one cd made by my little sister and this not legal, but were very young and this his a birthday present). I have some lives DVD.

This band bring me so much during my teenage years and after for my difficult times. I have not them in live because , I am not live at the capital and others difficulty.

Their disband is a shook for me, but now I feel beter because their music live with me and nobody is dead.

I have not command their last DVD because it's sold-out and I am not sure in the same time. Goodbye are very sad.

2019 is for me the year of disbandments 😔.

For me, the death is more sad than a disbandement.

I hope the ex members of An Cafe their are happy for their new projects ☺️.

Our stories are very similar! The age we discovered Ancafe, how we both loved Bou.

I feel you about not seeing bands live because you’re not living in a big city. I live in a city now, so I have more opportunities (although I still have to travel for vk concerts), but growing up, I couldn’t do much. However, I was able to see ancafe in my teenage years because my parents wanted to visit my aunt and uncle, and they lived near Cologne. Since the concert was on a Friday, my parents agreed to take my friend and I to the location. It was bound to a condition that I had to fulfill, but that was okay. A year later a friend’s mother took us to Cologne to see a Miyavi concert. So I had some opportunities, but they were scarce.

But I think seeing a band live, does not make you more of a fan. As cheesy as that sounds, but it’s more about what’s in your heart.

I think this band meant a lot to us when we were growing up, and it still does. 

Just listening to summer dive on my way to university, and it’s gonna be a great day just because of that 🥰

Sign in to follow this