psychonnect_rozen

Worst case of toxicity you’ve experienced in the VK fandom?

5 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

People who truly appreciate and respect him understand why I get mad to begin with.

She pulled the whole “ You have to be a true fan to X” card. Like, seriously? I don’t have to understand everything lol. Oh well, I won’t be responding to her sometime soon XD

2 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

She pulled the whole “ You have to be a true fan to X” card. Like, seriously? I don’t have to understand everything lol. Oh well, I won’t be responding to her sometime soon XD

she comes off as more articulate and mentally present than the person asking her in that post, which is not a good look for anyone unless playing urself in public is an expected part of the spectacle from the very beginning.

Eeek OP; I get the impression that you're a fairly recent fan of Dir en grey and you feel like you've missed out on the drama from the past

I've seen your post on Reddit  asking about deadtree too and honestly you're coming across a little obsessed/creepy, don't harass her on tumblr, there's absolutely no need and you're making yourself look quite toxic and immature/stupid.

I thought you made this topic out of curiosity, but you just want to shit stir

chill out a bit. 

This just brings back old memories of IAMWILL (sp?). 

Oh the good ol' days of everyone at each others throats for no reason.

15 hours ago, yomii said:

i actually find pretty toxic the same never ending discussions here of how shitty certain bandmen/fandoms/fans are

like its not even a year since ive been an active member lol

Yeah to be honest a lot of people who are allegedly so repulsed by the fandom, tanuki and bandmen being bandmen seem awfully preoccupied by them. I can't even wrap my mind around the idea that people would voluntarily expose themselves to people that they already pretty much know to be certain way; like, if you don't like the drama then why incessantly hover around it on twitter and tumblr and etc? If someone goes to lives then maybe shit gets annoying, but first of all who are you to tell these people how they should behave and what is toxic and what isn't unless you're willing to hear some opinions that are on the contrary. 

33 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Yeah to be honest a lot of people who are allegedly so repulsed by the fandom, tanuki and bandmen being bandmen seem awfully preoccupied by them. I can't even wrap my mind around the idea that people would voluntarily expose themselves to people that they already pretty much know to be certain way; like, if you don't like the drama then why incessantly hover around it on twitter and tumblr and etc? If someone goes to lives then maybe shit gets annoying, but first of all who are you to tell these people how they should behave and what is toxic and what isn't unless you're willing to hear some opinions that are on the contrary. 

actually there are A LOT of people who always say "oh im so tired of this drama" and in the next moment you see them discussing the tiniest details of it and throwing themselves in the epicenter of it. dont lie to me you little shit i see you love it!!! lol

i think such behavior just creates the illusion of being a significant part of events. well i don't mind some drama from time to time, let's be honest it's exciting. but what's happening there in the past few months is becoming, so to speak, a little repetitive ._.

Toxcity is a thing which afflicts any fandom, because there are most people who doesn't distinguish between being a fan and a parasite....

Unfortunately I had some contact with such people and some things you posted above are a minimum part of a creepier reality...

I read on the net a quote used by a fan about a thing not related to visual kei (and to music in general), which says: "Fandom is fandom's evil."

Simply meaning that a fandom is made mainly by toxic people, who uses social media for insulting others, their presumed favourite artists, without caring about the consequences of their actions...

In particular there are a lot of people critcizing each damn band from Starwave Records, not only because of Kiwamu's attitude, but only because they have features common to DEG and old-school bands; the recent drama about Takemasa from Kiryu; all the mad gossip around Gackt; the toxic pandemonium known as TANUKI; the feud between DEG and GazettE's "fans"; the fanservice about musicians who some people think to be engaged; the people (especially in the West) who attend to expensive concerts only for picking up torn clothes (referring to Mana's sad adventure in Milan concert on 2007, when his dress was torn up, https://tensi-chan.livejournal.com/21912.html) and not knowing any single word of the songs (DEG when toured on USA sometime ago), or claiming that people are not GazettE's fans because they don't have Heresy subscription...

There is more to talk about... but this attitude is wrong and stupid and hurts the true supporters of a scene, the musicians and the genre itself, seen as a fetish for fanboys and fangirls and nothing else...

Edited by Ada Suilen
verbs...

Oh why I didn't saw this thread before? 

months ago, a friend and I got some hate for tanuki pics I uploaded on ig who knows when 😂 This people were on fb spreading "we don't need people like this on this fandom", etc. Even one of them were on a fanpage with me and my friend for a long time until all that happened (I hope they weren't watching us😂😂)

It was funny until one of them started to talk shit about a friend (I guess bc she was on our side)

I didn't get why they get so mad. They have more followers and fanpages than my friend and I 🤔😂 and few people watched those pics bc I didn't have a bunch of followers (and I still don't have that much)

14 hours ago, meikyoushisui said:

Oh why I didn't saw this thread before? 

months ago, a friend and I got some hate for tanuki pics I uploaded on ig who knows when 😂 This people were on fb spreading "we don't need people like this on this fandom", etc. Even one of them were on a fanpage with me and my friend for a long time until all that happened (I hope they weren't watching us😂😂)

It was funny until one of them started to talk shit about a friend (I guess bc she was on our side)

I didn't get why they get so mad. They have more followers and fanpages than my friend and I 🤔😂 and few people watched those pics bc I didn't have a bunch of followers (and I still don't have that much)

Lol, just ignore it. If there are beauties on the racoon, then post it. 

I think jap. gya are sometimes hillarious! I got my kisa...nta icon from there, too. 🎅 Best idea ever! Seasonal greetings in the form of bad bandoman pictures ♡

3 hours ago, Masato said:

Lol, just ignore it. If there are beauties on the racoon, then post it. 

I think jap. gya are sometimes hillarious! I got my kisa...nta icon from there, too. 🎅 Best idea ever! Seasonal greetings in the form of bad bandoman pictures ♡

They were from latino fandom  (and maybe from USA too) I thought I paid my debt of dealing with toxic fans when I was on kpop fandom in my highschool days😂 

Your icon is everything! 

Seasonal greetings for you too🤗