psychonnect_rozen

Worst case of toxicity you’ve experienced in the VK fandom?

5 hours ago, sixblacknine said:

has an incredibly unhealthy obsession with Kyo, no one knows him as well as she does!!!!! 

LOL I know one like that in my fandom.

Worst case of toxicity I've seen is people fighting over ticket numbers and actually causing fans to quit the band/preventing some new fans from wanting to attend more often to the point of having a shitty reputation as a whole, despite the band being really nice.

I've never felt real toxicity towards me, mostly because I'm a guy. 

The most toxicity I've seen are from foreign fans fighting over dumb ass genres like: I hate x band because they're Osare, they're too bright, kirakira sucks. While in the meantime stanning bands like Aicle(who are KOTEOSARE KEI) that plays heavy music, but also poppy music(Which is a Koteosa staple). Let's face it, foreign fans care too much about something being cute, but if they play heavy ass fuck music, they'll look pass the hypocrisy. 

11 minutes ago, Cantavanda said:

This thread makes me lose hope in humanity

If it makes you feel any better, just remember that pretty much everyone in this thread is opposed to what we're all discussing.

15 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

LOL I know one like that in my fandom.

Worst case of toxicity I've seen is people fighting over ticket numbers and actually causing fans to quit the band/preventing some new fans from wanting to attend more often to the point of having a shitty reputation as a whole, despite the band being really nice.

still dont understand how one can quit a band they love cuz of some girls being mean. just...fuck these girls, no?

2 minutes ago, Gesu said:

If it makes you feel any better, just remember that pretty much everyone in this thread is opposed to what we're all discussing.

gesu being always so kind and lovely is my reason to believe in humanity

16 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Ohh, so its like Sasaeng fan from KPOP I asume?

sasaeng is more like a stalker/very obsessive and creepy fan, whereas bangya is just a neutral word for a vkei fangirl I think.

Just now, chocobuzz said:

sasaeng is more like a stalker/very obsessive and creepy fan, whereas bangya is just a neutral word for a vkei fangirl I think.

can we name someone a bangya if they dont attend lives on a regular basis tho?

Just now, yomii said:

can we name someone a bangya if they dont attend lives on a regular basis tho?

I guess not really, but I don't think just attending many lives regularly makes a fan a stalker

13 minutes ago, JRD said:

The most toxicity I've seen are from foreign fans fighting over dumb ass genres like: I hate x band because they're Osare, they're too bright, kirakira sucks. While in the meantime stanning bands like Aicle(who are KOTEOSARE KEI) that plays heavy music, but also poppy music(Which is a Koteosa staple). Let's face it, foreign fans care too much about something being cute, but if they play heavy ass fuck music, they'll look pass the hypocrisy. 

This has definitely become less common in the past few years. I think it's both that the lines between the "styles" as the gaijins perceived it having become even blurrier than they were before, and people just getting older and more phlegmatic about everything. I'll never forget how much people really shat on oshare kei bac in the day, often without really knowing what it is or what it really entailed other than just colorful clothing. It was like the "i like everything/visual kei except rap/oshare" of visual kei in the west at one point. Still, I think pretty much everyone was listening to An Cafe in secret and people are much more open minded nowadays... but again it might just be because there's far less of us and the ones that stuck had a wider and more refined palate to begin with. 

7 minutes ago, Disposable said:

This has definitely become less common in the past few years. I think it's both that the lines between the "styles" as the gaijins perceived it having become even blurrier than they were before, and people just getting older and more phlegmatic about everything. I'll never forget how much people really shat on oshare kei bac in the day, often without really knowing what it is or what it really entailed other than just colorful clothing. It was like the "i like everything/visual kei except rap/oshare" of visual kei in the west at one point. Still, I think pretty much everyone was listening to An Cafe in secret and people are much more open minded nowadays... but again it might just be because there's far less of us and the ones that stuck had a wider and more refined palate to begin with. 

True, I've seen less hate now than in the past, but you definitely hit the nail on the head with that. Also I admit I was a secret SuG listener when they were getting bashed the fuck out of lol.

42 minutes ago, yomii said:

still dont understand how one can quit a band they love cuz of some girls being mean. just...fuck these girls, no?

Well, if you go to lives to have fun and you are no longer having fun and have a miserable experience every time whats the point in spending time and money going? Especially if you are short on both.

Idk, I wouldn't quit that easily, but I think we all have an understanding of both the importance of a sense of community for Japanese people and the effects bullying has there. I can't also affirm that is the reason ALL those girls quit, but a shitty attitude from fellow fans adds salt to any wound.

As an example, I didn't quit on Acid Black Cherry's music, but I stopped going to the local ST's meeting and participating in any activity involving them due to some issues. Same with Diaura's. I enjoy both bands quietly and privately, but don't engage with the fandom at all and avoid them at all costs.

Edit: even though I said I wouldn't quit, I'm lowkey scared of certain gyas and I'm partially thankful I live so far away I can't go that often, or I'd be putting up with really shitty attitudes too often.

Edited by Komorebi

26 minutes ago, Disposable said:

Although I nowadays consider myself much inspired by 'serious' stuff like Luna or Dir, I've came into vk and into musicianship itself because of An Cafe coming to my country to play a gig. Their music changed my life somehow, and I'm gonna be always grateful to them for that. So I've always loved them and never ceased to be open about it.

Edited by saiko

4 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

Well, if you go to lives to have fun and you are no longer having fun and have a miserable experience every time whats the point in spending time and money going? Especially if you are short on both.

Idk, I wouldn't quit that easily, but I think we all have an understanding of both the importance of a sense of community for Japanese people and the effects bullying has there. I can't also affirm that is the reason ALL those girls quit, but a shitty attitude from fellow fans adds salt to any wound.

As an example, I didn't quit on Acid Black Cherry's music, but I stopped going to the local ST's meeting and participating in any activity involving them due to some issues. Same with Diaura's. I enjoy both bands quietly and privately, but don't engage with the fandom at all and avoid them at all costs.

you're totally right, and i dont know what i would do myself in such situation, but quitting a band means giving bullies exactly what they want and letting some little noisy pieces of shit win easily. that is so unfair :c

25 minutes ago, Komorebi said:

This reminds me of a bangya who I met a long time ago. She wanted to attend the lives that Daizystripper played at but at the same time she didn't want to go because she wanted to avoid a certain friend whom she got into a fight with. Not exactly sure what it was about since she was a little vague on the exact details, but when we attended a taiban live where Daizystripper was playing, she saw her friend there. And her friend, including the girls her friend was hanging out with, completely ignored her even though they knew she was there. Basically, the whole group ostracized her like she was unwelcomed/unwanted there. I'm not sure what her exact feelings were, but I could see it made her feel awkward, unsettled, and depressed. (Not sure if she totally quit going to Daizystripper lives or not.) Being raised from a more Western perspective, I wouldn't quit so easily, but as @Komorebi perfectly stated, the social situation in Japan is different, and when you start to attend more VK lives/events/etc., the same people tend to show up, so it'd be hard to avoid these bullies sadly 😕 

5 minutes ago, monkeybanana4 said:

This reminds me of a bangya who I met a long time ago. She wanted to attend the lives that Daizystripper played at but at the same time she didn't want to go because she wanted to avoid a certain friend whom she got into a fight with. Not exactly sure what it was about since she was a little vague on the exact details, but when we attended a taiban live where Daizystripper was playing, she saw her friend there. And her friend, including the girls her friend was hanging out with, completely ignored her even though they knew she was there. Basically, the whole group ostracized her like she was unwelcomed/unwanted there. I'm not sure what her exact feelings were, but I could see it made her feel awkward, unsettled, and depressed. (Not sure if she totally quit going to Daizystripper lives or not.) Being raised from a more Western perspective, I wouldn't quit so easily, but as @Komorebi perfectly stated, the social situation in Japan is different, and when you start to attend more VK lives/events/etc., the same people tend to show up, so it'd be hard to avoid these bullies sadly 😕 

Damn poor girl. Did you figure out why they fought?

5 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Damn poor girl. Did you figure out why they fought?

Unfortunately, not really. I want to say it had something to do with the band itself, but I couldn't say for sure since she didn't really elaborate too much on it ^^;

Just what do people even expect from the people who follow vk scene. I mean vk in a nutshell from what I've understood is- 

-A bunch of guys majority of them straight,playing music dressed up as girls, kissing other guys dressed up as girls on stage and fucking somewhat real girls after and back stage.

And don't forgot guys dressed up as girls kissing other dudes dressed up as girl help somewhat other real girls to masturbate.

Make whatever you want from this.

4 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

EDIT 2: Just sent her a message in the Ask box. I added the fact that I love Gauze just to be funny XD. She hates that album lol

4 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

EDIT 2: Just sent her a message in the Ask box. I added the fact that I love Gauze just to be funny XD. She hates that album lol

Diru fans who hate Gauze honestly confuse me. Like, it's one of their most influential and iconic releases. I can understand personally not caring for it. But fans that full on hate it really confuse me.

9 minutes ago, Himeaimichu said:

Diru fans who hate Gauze honestly confuse me. Like, it's one of their most influential and iconic releases. I can understand personally not caring for it. But fans that full on hate it really confuse me.

Most fans on r/DEG say it’s their least favourite at best. Hell, a lot of people say it’s overshadowed by almost everything after. So its not hated over there, they just prefer the heavy stuff, which again, is totally fine.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

5 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

ummmmm so deg thread regulars are coming for her dead wig while this line

Spoiler

You don’t love Kyo, and surely not “as well” (as me). People who truly appreciate and respect him understand why I get mad to begin with.

p much gets repeated here verbatim every time sukekiyo chanteuse passes a raspy, trembling wind and records it with some shitty guitar screeching added

tenor.gif?itemid=3578998