psychonnect_rozen

Worst case of toxicity you’ve experienced in the VK fandom?

mejibray & mamo stans.

(speaking from what I've seen, not necessarily experience)

13 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

The amount of shippers in the fandom. It’s not toxic per say, but it’s fucking cringy. I legit just wanna look at my favourite bandmates, not see art of them pegging each other. 

I'm offended

9 minutes ago, suji said:

mamo stans.

I actually had a Mamo stan from Japan harass me on facebook before, because I made a partially joking (but also partially serious) post about Mamo being a Kusomen in a Vkei group I'm in. I posted the screenshot to my FB to see if anyone knew who she was, and this dude who was a somewhat popular Western Vkei musician (not gonna say any names publicly) actually ratted me out to them and she continued to harass me even more (gladly I blocked her). She even try strawmanning Ai from Gulu Gulu and talked down to me like I was some newbie fan lol.

Funny enough, she didn't deny Mamo's shitty behavior, but actually tried to defend it by saying that my favourite bandmen (who I doubt she even knows) isn't a good person either. Like, even if Ai was a kusomen, that doesn't mean I have to turn a blind eye to shitty behavior. Like, yes, I know Mamo ain't the only one, but for fuck's sake I was just shit posting in a shit posting group

Edited by Himeaimichu

8 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Most toxic thing I've ever seen in the VK fandom... go on Tanuki (or any Tumblr translation blog if you can't read Japanese).

Wait, don't. I don't want to see you get sucked into that vortex. *shudder*

Whats so toxic about Tanuki? Is it literally Japanese Tumblr? Lol

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

It's a forum dedicated to Visual Kei rumors. Some are true, some are false, some are complete invasions of privacy

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

It's basically just a load of hostile weirdos talking shit about people they claim to care about, soooo... yes.

26 minutes ago, suji said:

I'm offended

Ok I didn’t mean it like that XD. I’m fine if you do it, however if you actually say weird shit in front of the actual artists, then your being cringy

47 minutes ago, Gesu said:

It's basically just a load of hostile weirdos talking shit about people they claim to care about, soooo... yes.

i see kpop fans decrying toxicity in their fandom and im like. psshh if only u knew

43 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I don’t get it lol

person in the dir fandom using that song as their screen name

originally from livejournal days but now on tumblr, v toxic, harasses/argues with everyone who disagrees with her

has an incredibly unhealthy obsession with Kyo, no one knows him as well as she does!!!!! 

6 minutes ago, sixblacknine said:

person in the dir fandom using that song as their screen name

originally from livejournal days but now on tumblr, v toxic, harasses/argues with everyone who disagrees with her

has an incredibly unhealthy obsession with Kyo, no one knows him as well as she does!!!!! 

Sound like a nightmare. I can imagine Kyo himself just finding that person. Like, I love Kyo and all, but I’m not like obsessed with him. Is she still around? 

EDIT: And she HAD to use one of my favourite Diru songs for her cringy antics.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

1 minute ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Sound like a nightmare. I can imagine Kyo himself just finding that person. Like, I love Kyo and all, but I’m not like obsessed with him. Is she still around? 

She's still around, I thought she'd mellowed out but I have her blocked so probably not lol, got tired of her lurking and then vaguing about me/my friends cuz we dont take dir super seriously and like to poke fun at kyo being an angsty edgelord 

That reminds me. About two years ago, I was talking to a fellow VK fan and she told me she knew someone who was obsessed with this one guy (I don't remember who, but I want to say Toshiya from Diru fsr, could be someone completely different tho) to the point where she was saving her virginity for him even if the opportunity to lose it to someone else she was sufficiently interested in came along. Bear in mind, this girl was most likely never going to meet him and even if she did, she'd probably just turn him off.

1 minute ago, yomii said:

i actually find pretty toxic the same never ending discussions here of how shitty certain bandmen/fandoms/fans are

like its not even a year since ive been an active member lol

Especially considering the foundations for most of these discussions/opinions. I mentioned in another thread that a lot of people's definitions of "shitty person" seem to be "bcuz rumourz".

4 minutes ago, Gesu said:

Especially considering the foundations for most of these discussions/opinions. I mentioned in another thread that a lot of people's definitions of "shitty person" seem to be "bcuz rumourz".

Well, when there is picture or other proof like arrests, it seems more than just a rumor, and there is enough of this out there. I even saw a bandomen i liked, but heard he slept around, trade something with a fan and then quickly hurry away before a live. 

But I am old enough not to take these things seriously. There are so many more important things in life. And if the artists are bad people, who cares? They are not your roommates....

47 minutes ago, Masato said:

All the sick self harm and anorexia pictures/tweets floating around on jap. Bangya twitter are toxic and not nice. 

Mamo posting these fanletter notebooks written with blood.....

Stop it guys, respect yourselves!

That’s horrible. Pro Ana fourms make me really sick and depressed. It’s not healthy.

Also. whats Bangya?