psychonnect_rozen

Things elitists say?

I can't think of anything else other than the fact that if I say I like X Japan or any other mainstream VK band like Diru or The Gazette I will be labeled a "fake VK fan" or whatever.

EDIT: Oh, and when people say stuff like:

"What is this VK faggot shit? Why don't the dress up like REAL metalheads like SLAYER!!???"

Or

"WOW THE GAZETTE TOTALLY RIPPED OF DIRU!!! RUKI IS HOTTER THAN KYO!!!!!!" 

I mean, Ruki is hot and all but chill the f out bro

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

"You're not a real fan unless you've listened to VK for x amount of years", or "unless you've listened to x amount of bands". I fucking hate that. How are they gonna listen to VK for x amount of years or listen to x amount of bands if you try to kick 'em out of the fandom? For the first example, by the time they come back after the specified number of years, they're not gonna know anything new because they left due to peer pressure, so they may as well have just stayed.

You should have been here when (insert band) got started, those shows were the real shows, that was the best time to be a fan. I mean, I will admit the joys of loving a smaller band means more intimate venues rather than giant stadiums and them looking like ants.

25 minutes ago, Gesu said:

"You're not a real fan unless you've listened to VK for x amount of years", or "unless you've listened to x amount of bands". I fucking hate that. How are they gonna listen to VK for x amount of years or listen to x amount of bands if you try to kick 'em out of the fandom? For the first example, by the time they come back after the specified number of years, they're not gonna know anything new because they left due to peer pressure, so they may as well have just stayed.

I only got into VK since October of last year. If anyone with that kind of attitude found out, they'd be quaking

3 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

both statements are pure facts and you'll have to deal w it mamaw x

3 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I'd love to see Ruki pull the Lotus Kyo or Adidas-kei looks.

Edited by ghost

''Audience members taking photos of bands at lives is in fact a bad thing and should be forbidden, even abroad'' 

"My absurdly high IQ, essentially, prevents me from enjoying music as the commonfolk do, so I choose rather to pontificate on the inadequacies of the prevailing tastes in the community and rationalize my own empirically superior preferences (by which I was informed were empirically superior by other empirically superior individuals via the most prestigious of subreddits), thereby falsely elevating my own sense of self-worth and triumphantly masking my insecurities in my own music taste."

also

"Chorus deficits"

:lol:

13 hours ago, suji said:

i have some super ultra rarez but I'm not going to share them because I'm an asshole 

god thisthisTHISTHIS the culture of "give me an EQUALLY RARE mp3/PV/etc. if you want this intangible file" has always been so bizarre to me.

Also, so many people in the scene give off this vibe of band/artist fandom ownership, like they're more entitled to be a fan than someone else. Seems kind of esoteric, but I can't be the only one who notices this?

10 minutes ago, nomemorial said:

Also, so many people in the scene give off this vibe of band/artist fandom ownership, like they're more entitled to be a fan than someone else. Seems kind of esoteric, but I can't be the only one who notices this?

Yeah, I remember seeing it around on places like LiveJournal and Tumblr (especially on member-centered communities/pages - i.e. "[insert bandomen's name]_a_day_community) I don't think anything is wrong with the communities itself, but that kind of behavior doesn't make sense because each fan in said communities like the same bands/people, right...? Some things I will never understand ^^;

I remember someone asking for links to files back on inertia’s board, what must have been 14-15 years ago.

Someone honestly responded;

”Why don’t you just buy the CDs, instead of being a leech?”

Yes, because someone back in 2004 can just walk to the store and buy whatever VK CD they want, or just go on to Western iTunes, and have the whole world at their fingertips. Or, they could blindly buy a $40 CD. Amazin’!