psychonnect_rozen

Great musician but shitty person?

Kisaki. He's not the worst bassist ever and I do enjoy Syndrome and Phantasmagoria. However as a person...yeah.

Also Kyuhoo from Madman's Esprit. I absolutely love his voice and the music but he acts like a 14-year-old edgelord half the time. It's annoying. Although I do congratulate him for flipping off some homophobic protestors lol.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

13 minutes ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Kisaki. He's not the worst bassist ever and I do enjoy Syndrome and Phantasmagoria. However as a person...yeah.

Also Kyuhoo from Madman's Esprit. I absolutely love his voice and the music but he acts like a 14-year-old edgelord half the time. It's annoying. Although I do congratulate him for flipping off some homophobic protestors lol.

Was going to say Kisaki, Phantasmagoria was great, Matina and Undercode were cornerstones of the industry as far as labels go; gotta give the devil his due.

1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Also Kyuhoo from Madman's Esprit. I absolutely love his voice and the music but he acts like a 14-year-old edgelord half the time

Totally agree, he is still a maximalist silly child, like most of the lefties in this world. Anyway his music is great, though it's not very original.

Also... Yoshiki? He is a greedy egomaniac, but well, he is really awesome as a composer.

4 minutes ago, Naaaaani said:

like most of the lefties in this world

Hey, no need to generalize anyone with that kind of mindset.  Liberals and Conservatives alike are still people and you don't need to be all "Hur dee dur LIBTARDS" about it. I'm tired of seeing people calling left-leaning people "snowflakes" or just saying that there offended to everything. Ya know it's ok to be offended? It's a normal response. 

4 minutes ago, Naaaaani said:

He is a greedy egomaniac

Ugh, whatever. Tired of seeing people shit on this guy. I could defend him all day but I'm not gonna even start a riot in here. 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

4 hours ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Hey, no need to generalize anyone with that kind of mindset.  Liberals and Conservatives alike are still people and you don't need to be all "Hur dee dur LIBTARDS" about it. I'm tired of seeing people calling left-leaning people "snowflakes" or just saying that there offended to everything. Ya know it's ok to be offended? It's a normal response. 

Ugh, whatever. Tired of seeing people shit on this guy. I could defend him all day but I'm not gonna even start a riot in here. 

There is no need to get this offended if you open up a discussion about talented musicians with shitty personalities. People are going to say what they want, it's their opinion, and anything you say will not change that. Opinions are like assholes; everyone has one. It's all part of having a good discussion or debate. It's normal.

Whether you like it or not, everyone thinks their own way and nobody needs to cater to your needs or sensibilities. Let people think what they want; you're the one who invited this discussion in the first place.

edit: I saw that you requested this thread be deleted, and this isn't the first time you've made such a request with a thread you made which didn't turn out as you so wanted. This further shows that you are unwilling to have a real unbiased discussion with anyone about things you may disagree with. The thing about this forum is that it's open to everyone, whether it be casuals or longtime diehards, and any discussion is welcome. What you need to realize is that not all people think alike, and they are not gonna adjust their way of speech or thinking just to cater to feelings of other people. This can also be applied to real life, and as you grow up, you will encounter more people like this who are not just gonna change in the flip of a dime because you said so. You don't have to like it, but you must accept it as it will help you grow later in life.

Edited by suji

For me it would have to be Ruka from Nightmare. I loved the songs he composed for the band (up until To be or not to be, where his song writing became a mess), but the dude seems to have the shittiest attitude. He acted like a moody 14 year old boy with no manners. Even if it was just a persona (and I'm still not sure if it was), it was just super distasteful and not at all cool the way he acted like he hated having to do anything Nightmare related and like he couldn't stand being around the other members. 

I completely ignored the "great musician" part and almost said Maria Cross, LOL.

I'm going to ditto Kyuho from Madman's Esprit. I remember he was going to (or did?) sell razor blades as merchandise. Big yikes.

Imo, YOHIO has some pretty solid compositions (INNOCENCE, Aggressive Beauty, Frantic Elegance, I norrländska skogars dvala, TIMESCAPE, Angel's Waltz, a majority of the DISREIGN releases), but is a stubborn person who's constantly turning a blind eye to critique and refuses to acknowledge [critique]. Also, he's been in some scandals/controversies in the past. Said scandals/controversies mostly pertain to hypocrisy, cheating and emotional abuse of former girlfriends, and poor treatment of fans. But hey, I'd be pissed if my fans were 5 year olds too lmfao

edit: Just remembered that I've heard some stuff about Tsuzuku (ex-MEJIBRAY) over the years. All sources come from Tanuki so it's not very trustworthy, but there were some things about various forms of abuse floating around. I really like baby crossing, which he composed iirc.

Edited by ahnchc

4 hours ago, ahnchc said:

I completely ignored the "great musician" part and almost said Maria Cross, LOL.

I mean the thread title doesn't say that "in their hearts" or "in their mom's opinion" doesn't count.

The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Riku. Talented skinty legend, but I've heard many times that the guy is just an asshole and hard to work with. Not really surprising considering that chariots finally had to disband after they couldn't find any replacements for the guy that has ghosted them on his hospital bed, even after holding a series of lives with several guest guitarists.

3 minutes ago, Cantavanda said:

DADA from VELVET EDEN. His Double Twelve album is amazing, but he has done so much questionable things.

how the fuck did i forget about him

I say Puton from Kaitou,  some mitsu leaked him being an asshole to her, but he is composing their music and writing a lot of their lyrics, which I stan. So... 

But he is otherwise nice to fans and taking his time to answer even the dumbest questions, so unless you are mitsu or tsunagari, i guess it's fine.

Eh, I think a lot of people's definition of "shitty person" seems to be "well, I read something nasty about them someone else said so it's definitely true". Personally, I very rarely believe anything I don't see with my own eyes.

Anyways, more on-topic, I second this:

14 hours ago, Neigedesmannes said:

Also Gackt but he's reached meme status now so he doesn't count.

He was great in Malice Mizer, but he's since just gone really cringy. I mean... the guy admitted that he bought a frickin' mountain just so he could snowboard on it. Yeah, that's not shitty, but it's damn frivolous and just begs the question of why. That said, I think he does that in general.

Not VK but there must be something seriously wrong with Destrose/Fate Gear leader Mina. Destrose went through more than 20 members in under 10 years. Four bands with multiple ex-members were spun off because the whole lineup quit (Mardellas, Disqualia, Mary's Blood, Lovebites). And Fate Gear has seen turnover. She must be a colossal bitch.

^ same but with the singer of Serial Number. Been around for about 10 years or so, but they've been thru so many lineups, (even a recent one back in 2016/17(??), then they all left lmaoo) it's shocking to see that the guy is still around performing.

Usually I appreciate these crazy cats for what they are and I consider being a rock performer a full time performance art project anyways. For example I find all the stories I’ve heard of tzusuku very amusing and I love that shit and Kisaki is just crazy he does what he do

but Mamo’s lame ”gays r gross but lesbians r gr8” comment is where I draw the line. It’s kind of like I think a totally overblown GG Allin esque character is a lot more interesting and politically palatable to me than let’s say a bandman going like ”hey I even have some black friends, but... ” which is imo ten times more harmful and problematic 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

What Kisaki did to you? 😮 

I met him many times, and he is the kindest person I ever met. Very selfless, very generous, very sweet. 

Edited by melmo382

On 5/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, psychonnect_rozen said:

I can't agree more with you !