nick

HIZUMI (ex-D'espairsRay Vo.) new band NUL. has formed

9 hours ago, nekkichi said:

so they're practically sitting on a full album and started their public promotion with that?

They just start the band and you think it would be smart to directly do a full album ? 

2 hours ago, Kirito said:

They just start the band and you think it would be smart to directly do a full album ? 

What would be the problem there?

3 hours ago, Kirito said:

this worked for lynch tho?

it's not like their current sound warrants epic sales at all.

14 hours ago, zombieparadise said:

I thought he stopped D'espa because of his throat, so I'm surprised to hear screaming in there.

It only affected his clean singing since had problems with his vocal cords - for screaming he uses his false cords, so he never had any problems with that!

Not too sold on the songs either, but I am very happy to hear him sing again and hope for better things in the future. He clearly doesn't sound like he did in his prime, but a lot better and less broken than on MONSTERS.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:00 AM, Shaolan974 said:

Setlist at 2019/08/16 at Shibuya REX

SE

01.MABOROSHI

02.ANOTHER FACE

03.Plastic Factory

04.POISON EATER

05.soulcage

06.KaliMa

07.Grand 0

08.Phantom Rain (仮)

09.Halzion

10.I don’t seek, I find (仮)

11.BLACK SWAN

12.XStream

en

01.POISON EATER

02.Plastic Factory

Did they really rehash two songs for the encore? 

16 minutes ago, geist said:

Did they really rehash two songs for the encore? 

Like that's not common practice?

3 hours ago, saishuu said:

Like that's not common practice?

To my knowledge, it’s not, barring any special circumstances. Chances are those songs were replayed because they don’t have enough material yet. 

2 minutes ago, geist said:

To my knowledge, it’s not, barring any special circumstances. Chances are those songs were replayed because they don’t have enough material yet. 

It's commom practice exactly with those bands who don't have enough material yet, which is why I don't see the problem with them repeating 2 songs during the encore because, well... they're new.

7 minutes ago, saishuu said:

It's commom practice exactly with those bands who don't have enough material yet, which is why I don't see the problem with them repeating 2 songs during the encore because, well... they're new.

If it’s common practice you’ll have no trouble citing several examples from the past year, right? It’s definitely not common in music; but among bad VK acts then maybe. 

3 minutes ago, geist said:

If it’s common practice you’ll have no trouble citing several examples from the past year, right? It’s definitely not common in music; but among bad VK acts then maybe. 

Sure I'll have trouble because it never felt like a big enough deal in the VK scene for me to actually keep track of it? You can find examples on your own given you don't seem to take my word for it, that's okay.

39 minutes ago, saishuu said:

Sure I'll have trouble because it never felt like a big enough deal in the VK scene for me to actually keep track of it? You can find examples on your own given you don't seem to take my word for it, that's okay.

That’s an odd response. It seems weird to me you would make assertions and then be unable to back them up like that. 

This may be the first time I’ve ever seen a band play the same two songs in the encore that they did in their set; but I’ll start paying extra attention just for you. 

1 hour ago, geist said:

That’s an odd response. It seems weird to me you would make assertions and then be unable to back them up like that. 

This may be the first time I’ve ever seen a band play the same two songs in the encore that they did in their set; but I’ll start paying extra attention just for you. 

Okay!

My assumption is that Hizumi is very out of practice. He said before that he still is not completely healed, but I guess his doctor must have given him a go to sing again. So before they all have a big re-unification as D'espairsRay, Hizumi will slowly train himself for the stage again.

So the music doesn't matter as much at the moment as does him standing on a stage again.

I guess an announcement for a re-unification will come at the 9.9. either this year or the next two years

All dates would be meaningful.

6 hours ago, geist said:

I have no idea what exactly you're arguing over, but a 5-6 track set-list + 2 tracks going on repeat for encore is a normal debut performance for a vk band;

those guys either debuted an entire album or 4-6 singles worth of material at that live; the encore tracks will probably be either the lead singles, or one of them will go as an album PV track.

11 hours ago, geist said:

If I remember correctly, NICOLAS (ex-Gossip members' new band) or L'eveil en Roseraie did this for example, but I don't have the receipts. Actually back when I was in a band we did this a couple of times too with our most popular song, back when we didn't have enough tracks. It's not a super-common thing but it's not unheard of.

Anyway, good to see they came prepared with an album's worth of tracks already. Regardless of the quality of the demo samples, I'm somewhat still curious to hear more.

Edited by Jigsaw9

1 hour ago, Disposable said:

afaik black:list did this during their live in finland back in the day, so it even happened in the EU. 

yep they played all six of their songs twice or smth

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

yep they played all six of their songs twice or smth

Actually now that I think about it, I saw Exist Trace at another time ( not at this show since they performed as well, I saw them a bit later ) and they did Judea a second time for the encore. Either way, it's commonplace to do this

3 hours ago, EvilHippy said:

That doesn't apply. I said "barring specific circumstances". An encore sing-along with fans is one of those "specific circumstances" I was talking about.

2 hours ago, Disposable said:

afaik black:list did this during their live in finland back in the day, so it even happened in the EU. 

Once "back in the day" is not "common place".

My argument has been this is not common place except maybe among bad VK bands. So far I've been proven correct in that assertion.

Edited by geist
autism

Girugamesh played Omae ni Sasageru Minikui Koe twice during their last live. Two and a half times even since they had to restart the second time.

It might not be commonplace in the scene as a whole, but it happens. Especially with newer bands before they have enough material to fill the setlist, repeating their most popular track(s) in the encore is not rare. Look through various setlists for bands first oneman shows if you want.