nick

HIZUMI (ex-D'espairsRay Vo.) new band NUL. has formed

8 minutes ago, The Piass said:

"There are more languages than just English ;) ", who is patronizing who ? 

This meaning is way obsolete, no one is using it anymore.

I know they do not care, I was just saying it for reference.

My post was clear, you were the one trying to play smarty with me so yes I just added "French" between brackets so that you could understand.

See you ! 

This wasn't patronizing at all, but your original post suggested that you are pointing out the English meaning because you haven't mentioned French anywhere and you just edited after my reply instead of replying to me directly.

Americans just often don't think out of the box (=outside of English), that's why I added that snarky comment.

6 minutes ago, nekkichi said:

considering hizumi and tsukasa first both participated in a band called Le'veil, both good cysts are perf aware there's a japanese to french google translate tab

(not sure if that was the case in ~1999, they might even have a dusty japanese french dictionary stacked somewhere)

Well, yeah, Karyu's former band was called Dieur Mind  and Hizumi's and Tsukasa's after that was D'espairsRay though. Personally don't think that they picked these words from a (French) dictionary. I think VK bands often just pick names which sound "cool" or extra ordinary and unusual instead of actually making a statement. (Yeah, I'm looking at you, THE MICRO HEAD 4N'S).

Whoa! This came out of nowhere. What's next? t.A.T.u. reunion? :D

Good to hear Hazuki is able to sing again now. Give us that Industrial we've been missing, please!

I expect them to be like breakin' holiday.

You get all excited because of where the vocalist comes from and then you get boring generic songs...

17 hours ago, Masato said:

This is what the Meji stans said when SPB8 was announced..... 😏

Hey, I'm not expected a new D'espairsRay or anything—But Mejibray was no D'espairsRay either :P

Wow nice to see HIZUMI come back on stage, glad he collaborates again with Toshiyuki Kishi he was the producer of Love is Dead and MONSTERS album, Masato is a good guitarist so I'm not very worry about the line up.

I have a huge feeling the basis of their music will be electro-rock so few peoples will be disapointed about that.

HIzumi AND Kishi? That's a very interesting combination. It's like taking a part of D'espairsRay and abingdon boys school. I'm really curious to know what they'll sound like.

Really hyped on this. To be honest, I'm  trying to keep my expectations low since I know this has a decent chance of being a disappointment...but hell, I'm just excited to see that Hizumi is back in the scene. Also, ABS is a guilty pleasure of mine, so that makes this pretty interesting to me.

I also don't think we will ever see anything like early D'espairsRay again. The band moved past that period, and while I love it (and I'm not even saying they dislike it), it doesn't seem to be the kind of music any of the members of the band still want to make. That and I doubt we will be getting any screaming from Hizumi.

41 minutes ago, sutululu said:

Btw anybody could send some recommendation of Kishi's work? Never heard about him before.

He's the DJ/synth player dude.

Other than abingdon boys school he mostly does supporting gigs for random mainstream pop/rock acts. Also worth noting that apparently he produced D'espairsRay's singles FINAL CALL and LOVE IS DEAD (according to Japanese Wikipedia).

26 minutes ago, Jigsaw9 said:

He's the DJ/synth player dude.

Other than abingdon boys school he mostly does supporting gigs for random mainstream pop/rock acts. Also worth noting that apparently he produced D'espairsRay's singles FINAL CALL and LOVE IS DEAD (according to Japanese Wikipedia).

Seems cool thank you

Sounds like just about what I expected, but damn he sounds just as good as he used to growls and all. I wonder how much of the songwriting he's doing too because that second song has some real Monsters vibes on it.

Edited by ghost