secret_no_03

Bands with vocalists and/or styles that never change?

The thread about vocalists that change got me thinking about vocalists and bands who stay the same for years or their entire career?

I'd have to say Kiyoharu, he doesn't change or age, the pillows and Asian Kung Fu Generation have distinct sounds, TM Revolution is like Kiyoharu. Add BALZAC to that list as well as SUGIZO, you can tell his music instantly.

Edited by secret_no_03

onmyo-za have never changed their style musically and visually in their entire career IMO. and I like the fact that they have never disappointed either. they stay the same and never produced anything bad.

Edited by nostalgia

Panic Channel always produces great pop rock anthems for their Boy Band side(they don't consider that side visual) and for their visual kote side they always had the sound and all the songs are still amazing.

Also to the person who stole my tragically ditched vid and sent it to Meguru on insta, you can go fuck yourself~

i'd argue that the dude from the pillows definitely does sound somewhat different in their early days compared to the power pop era they've stuck with for the majority of their career, not massively different, but still

Seikima-II's vocalist Demon Kogura has been ballin from the very start and not much has changed over the years, the same could be said about the band in general. Polysics have pretty much stuck with the same sound they started out with for their entire career as well, although i guess some of their later stuff is a bit less raw and a bit more poppy, but the energy's still the same

Edited by Tokage

Guruguru Eigakan, for most of their run, has always been a weird mix of Punk Rock, Thrash Metal, Traditional Japanese and Ryukoka/Enka (early Japanese pop), and lead vocalist/guitarist Amano has mostly kept his voice the same.

Though, they did go through a small change when all the members (minus Amano) left. Basically, with their first lineup, the other members, notably bassist Yoshikawa, had more vocal parts, while with their 2nd lineup, the other members mainly provided backup vocals (with a few duets between Amano and guitarist Shin). 

Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas

I'd say, So and Minami!

Even they fuse so many genres in their musics,
but you can easily and immediately recognize them out after listening to their songs and their voices.
Also, you can keep receiving their positive thoughts from their lyrics, and their passions are so viable within their musics!

Edited by Kyo_Toriko