psychonnect_rozen

Mejibray: Terrible or Overhated?

1 minute ago, Reikatsumi said:

Well if mejibray steal songs that were already plagiats it doesn't mean that it is okay because someone had stolen it before them lmao

It means that they are even worse musicians if they plagiarize other plagiats

Well then do I have an entire series for you! And I managed to get 5 installments in without mentioning MEJIBRAY. So as the person who flexes his knowledge of bands plagiarizing each other quarterly, I have to say that very few bands steal songs and rather they steal parts of songs. A vocal melody here, a guitar melody there, they may even pull some melodies from non-vk bands because I've seen that happen too, and they mix it with their ideas and they come out with something old but new. Every visual kei band has done it; some are just better at it than others and some do it more often than others.

MEJIBRAY is both terrible and overhated. Tsuzuku is not a great vocalist and somehow he got WORSE after VANESSA. The other musicians are competent, but that band was the definition of quality over quantity. Every time I turned around, I was tripping over 3 new MEJIBRAY releases. You could almost always count on them to release something every 3 to 4 months. Even with using plagiarism and ghost writers, that's an insane schedule. There's no way all the songs can be quality. You can throw a bunch of darts at the wall and see what sticks, but misses are still misses. I estimate that they have 1 good song for every 3 okay songs and 1 shit song they record. That's not a great track record. Any band that records and releases AKERCOCK and thinks it is an okay song needs a psychiatric evaluation.

First of all, when I first listened to them I was confused  by how "pop" they sounded, not at all brutal. Well... then I actually saw them live and they just did not rock so much. Everyone said that after seeing them live it was such a revelation, but i felt it was a huge disappontment and very mediocre. 

This could have been enforced by the mejibray hype going on. My expectations were too high. I still like a few select songs. 

I agree with something in the middle

Mejibray was one of my first favorite visual kei bands, and even now I still enjoy many songs but let's be honest half of their material is a filler, totally forgettable. 

And even with Tsuzuku voice sucking ass, I still think he portrayed emotions pretty well, but that's just my bad taste (?)  

i really like tsuzuku's clean singing but not like his banshee squealing when he does harsh vocals. its rough and he oversells it but that works for me. compositionally i think they were fantastic. definitely pretty unique & probably one of my favs just for that

i simply cannot will myself to care about 8p-sb though

They had some amazing compositions, but the particularly good ones were seldom ever title tracks unfortunately. 

Not exactly a complete fan of Tsuzuku's vocal performance on many occasions, but it's tolerable for me.

I think a lot of their 'overhate' stems from people that are very "I HATE THIS BECAUSE IT'S TOO POPULAR!!!1!!!" if you get what I mean.