psychonnect_rozen

Mejibray: Terrible or Overhated?

I’ll be honest and say that I have never listened to a Mejibray song but everyone here just shits on them. Why is that?

I have no opinion on this matter so I can’t speak for myself.

EDIT: Please don’t shit on anyone who enjoys Mejibray. I understand that they’re not everyone’s cup of tea and I can tell that they’re the extremely hated here, but please respect the people who like them. Music is subjective after all.

Edited by psychonnect_rozen

tenor.gif?itemid=4718863

Tsuzuku's voice is just like nails on a chalkboard and screams like Donald Duck, there I said it........plus their fandom is basically filled with 14 yr old transtrender kpop stans

They're hit and miss but they have some real bangers. I'd recommend checking out their singles albums as they contain most of their better songs (except Emily. Screw that song). 

I never bashed them, but I didn't care for their music, but that's mainly because metalcore isn't my thing and they sounded like every other generic metalcore vkei band. But the musicians do have skills at least. Can't say the same for Tsuzuku's voice tho lol

Edited by Himeaimichu

mejibray are okay. they had their own style and vision and with that they stood out from other newbies of that period of time.

8 hours ago, suji said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4718863

Tsuzuku's voice is just like nails on a chalkboard and screams like Donald Duck, there I said it........plus their fandom is basically filled with 14 yr old transtrender kpop stans

Are you sure you're not confusing the Mejibray fan base with that of 8P-SB? 

Mejibray is a very important band to me, but I’ve said before that I can understand the haters. Originally, Tsuzuku’s voice did not do it for me: it took me seeing them live on a whim to get into then, and I still maintain that a good chunk of their songs are better live than they were recorded.

That said, I think Mejibray may draw excessive vitriol due to the amount of exposure it had and the kind same of younger fans they attracted. I’m pretty sure this has been the consensus every time the discussion has cropped up.

10 hours ago, suji said:

Tsuzuku's voice is just like nails on a chalkboard and screams like Donald Duck, there I said it

I don't know how, but somehow, I think he made this work. Maybe it's because the instrumentals were so good, or perhaps it's because they were just very unique/easily recognisable, or it could be both, but I quite liked them. At the very least, they stood out.

10 hours ago, suji said:

plus their fandom is basically filled with 14 yr old transtrender kpop stans

As for this, I see this kinda thing quite a lot and I really think the stigma directed towards Meji because of their fandom is entirely undeserved. Just because people you don't like happen to be into sth, that doesn't mean you have to hate that thing just to spite them and it really rubs me the wrong way when I see this. I would hate to be the creator of a passion project I poured my heart and soul into only to see it boycotted purely because I happened to have a few dickheads following me.

Sorry if this comes off as shitting on your post, @suji >.< I didn't mean it like that. I love ya really.

Spoiler

Anyways @YuyoDrift what do you think about all this

I personally dislike them because of this whole plagiarism, half of their songs is just gazette's rip off, I even found the song which is strongly influenced by royz's song (lmao) not to mention that one CD cover that was a complete rip off Marilyn Manson's cover. They deserve all that hate because they are shitty musicians who don't even bother to write their own song.

DAKWSG-56.jpg?v=2

i-marilyn-manson-smells-like-children-95

A few of the plagiarized songs:

Edited by Reikatsumi

1 hour ago, Gesu said:

Given that I purposely don't go into Mejibray threads or give my opinion on them at all because I want to be respectful, y u do dis @Gesu? lol

I guess I'll share a bit.

Spoiler

I think @frayed said it best.

2 hours ago, frayed said:

That said, I think Mejibray may draw excessive vitriol due to the amount of exposure it had and the kind same of younger fans they attracted. I’m pretty sure this has been the consensus every time the discussion has cropped up.

While it may have been big (I never ran into them often online so I don't believe this), the exposure I saw back when they formed were for the wrong reasons imo. Almost like a  selfish attempt to be relevant after their last band (vanessa or something), with them doing things that struck me as a mockery of the scene. I'm not gonna say anything about the fans because again, not my place, but their stanning could have helped better bands stay afloat. Oh and yes, most people were around the ages of 14-16 before they jumped ship (I did know a few that joined the KPOP circle), so I honestly believed that Mejibray's bubble would have popped sooner than later because the majority of their fans weren't in it for their music (or didn't know that better music existed). I have already said enough about that how I feel about their music.

Guess the bubble did die, and the fact their remaining fans don't like their other projects (for almost the same reasons I had been going on about for years) sort of reflects my points.

2 hours ago, Gesu said:

I don't know how, but somehow, I think he made this work. Maybe it's because the instrumentals were so good, or perhaps it's because they were just very unique/easily recognisable, or it could be both, but I quite liked them. At the very least, they stood out.

As for this, I see this kinda thing quite a lot and I really think the stigma directed towards Meji because of their fandom is entirely undeserved. Just because people you don't like happen to be into sth, that doesn't mean you have to hate that thing just to spite them and it really rubs me the wrong way when I see this. I would hate to be the creator of a passion project I poured my heart and soul into only to see it boycotted purely because I happened to have a few dickheads following me.

Sorry if this comes off as shitting on your post, @suji >.< I didn't mean it like that. I love ya really.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah,  I hate people who shit on fandoms and just stereotype them. Things like “The entire fanbase of this band is just a bunch of teenage girls” piss me off. A lot of the bands “for teen girls” that I listen to are full of male fans. 

I think that it’s just stupid to generalize a fanbase 

1 minute ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

Yeah,  I hate people who shit on fandoms and just stereotype them. Things like “The entire fanbase of this band is just a bunch of teenage girls” piss me off. A lot of the bands “for teen girls” that I listen to are full of male fans. 

I think that it’s just stupid to generalize a fanbase 

As an eighteen-year-old girl, I wish people would stop with that, too. Hell, even if I was a seventy-six-year-old man, I still wouldn't like it.

7 minutes ago, Gesu said:

As an eighteen-year-old girl, I wish people would stop with that, too. Hell, even if I was a seventy-six-year-old man, I still wouldn't like it.

It’s not even by age. I remember I wore a My Chemical Romance shirt to school and this close minded asshat says stuff like “oh no your gonna shoot up the school” and “haha that shit is emo. Listen to good music”. Like shut your fucking mouth. Just because I like MCR, Panic! or any other “emo” band does not make me “emo”. It just makes me a fan. Ugh

3 hours ago, saiko said:

@Reikatsumi

Same guitar leak as in Royz's song intro at 2:27👇

Keep complaining ✌

The gazette also have stolen a ton so I don’t know where that’ll lead us. I think considering the scene we’re in lifting a few things in a 50 something discography isn’t that big of a deal

Disclaimer is that I love this band I’ll write down more thoughts later

15 hours ago, saiko said:

@Reikatsumi

Same guitar leak as in Royz's song intro at 2:27👇

Keep complaining ✌

Well if mejibray steal songs that were already plagiats it doesn't mean that it is okay because someone had stolen it before them lmao

It means that they are even worse musicians if they plagiarize other plagiats