SakuraFox512

MORRIE and Kiyoharu to perform in New York (08/16)

1 minute ago, Bangyanico said:

I don't know but the venue seems kinda classy and intimate. I wonder if this is a case of foreign fans are too loud and roudy for a concert like this.

Also, did any of you attend a MORRIE show?

I attended his 1st performance at the Kraine Theater in New York. It was super chill and filled w/ primarily non-overseas fans.

L'arc did the same filling Square Garden with Japanese people. They were pretty much more than half of the public in there; you could feel like attending a gig in Japan rather than in the US lol

Btw, I think it's pretty obvious that they won't fill a bit of that bar with only US fans. They are still Japanese musicians, and even not the most famous Japanese musicians (don't know, the Gazette or One Ok Rock for example), so how many fans could their reach in NY? 20 people like very much?

7 hours ago, evenor said:

I attended his 1st performance at the Kraine Theater in New York. It was super chill and filled w/ primarily non-overseas fans.

Thanks for answering. I was curious about the atmosphere and how full the venue was.

I missed Morrie all three times lol

Hopefully they will open tickets up to foreign fans or I will eat my tears. Literally.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, secret_no_03 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this will be the first time Kiyoharu has performed overseas, or even been outside of Japan? I won't be surprised if he ever left for a trip/vacation or something, but I can't find anything to indicate that he's left Japan since his career began in 1986. I have no idea about before that and I doubt anyone does. There might be some evidence in his first biography, and maybe in this new one once it comes out. Just a thought.

I'm pretty sure Kiyoharu traveled to the US (west coast / California) for a few video shoots. The last one I remember was Nazari which has clearly google-able locations.
Besides that some of those Mellow era PVs were shot in southeast Asia with just him and his go-to PV director / photographer Toshihiko Imai. Being that most of those videos (much like Nazari) are essentially just him without any band doing random stuff, it's safe to say he probably shot those videos with Imai as a excuse to do a tax write-off on his traveling. That said, Imai's has an amazing eye and he makes even walking around with Kiyoharu look great on camera:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYItE-ciRAQ

Edited by carddass

Any of you lovely people attending this live?? @inartistic and I will be seeing these legends this week. If you spot us, please say hi and earn yourself a FREE VK.GY STICKER 🥳(or a copy of Dejavu ~Sanctuary of Revival....)  !!!!!!

8 hours ago, secret_no_03 said:

Apparently Kiyoharu barely got any time and MORRIE had like an hour long set.

Not really. Morrie's set was slightly longer as he would often talk to the audience (cause he speaks English) between songs. He ended the night with a duet with Kiyoharu too. 

1 hour ago, evenor said:

Not really. Morrie's set was slightly longer as he would often talk to the audience (cause he speaks English) between songs. He ended the night with a duet with Kiyoharu too. 

Is his english good ?

2 hours ago, evenor said:

Oh, interesting. I found it odd that Joe's uploads every performance of their shows, but never did this one, MORRIE probably wants it in case he wants to release it.