SakuraFox512

MORRIE and Kiyoharu to perform in New York (08/16)

i have no idea what the actual venue is like cuz i've never been there, but with a place like Joe's Pub i just cant help but visualize some tiny-ass dive bar in the middle of nowhere lol

12 minutes ago, Tokage said:

but with a place like Joe's Pub i just cant help but visualize some tiny-ass dive bar in the middle of nowhere lol

2297.jpg?v=1527355923

Looks ok and it's New York so that's never in the.middle of nowhere 

20 minutes ago, Takadanobabaalien said:

In celebration of their long careers they decided to have a gig in USA despite having 99% japanese fans 

True, but I bet there is a good number of Japanese fellows there in Nyc. On the other hand, it's not uncommon to the VK scene to have kind of wealthy fans, so maybe the trip could be affordable to them (Nyc is not that far from Tokyo, isn't it?). I remember attending L'arc's gig at Madison Square Garden and seeing that at least 50%-60% of the public were Japanese fans. 

I don't think they will have any problem fulfilling the bar.

A fancy cabaret bar is far away from the usual VK venues in NYC. It should be a delight since everyone will be at tables/couches enjoying the performance over dinner and drinks rather than a bunch of screaming fan girls pressed up against the stage. A real refined affair (hopefully, I don't know much about how people reacted when Yoshiki did his sophisticated shows, hopefully they acted with restraint.) The only thing that I'm curious about is if they'll have a little table set up for merch somewhere. I'd love to get some Mardi Gras stuff. 

I lived in New York my entire life up until a few years ago - since then I've missed so many J-rock / Vkei shows that took place there but the one that stings most is Morrie performing at those small intimate spaces.
And now Kiyoharu doing his Elegy act alongside him!
I was just listening to light / shade / elegy yesterday too.  ~_~

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this will be the first time Kiyoharu has performed overseas, or even been outside of Japan? I won't be surprised if he ever left for a trip/vacation or something, but I can't find anything to indicate that he's left Japan since his career began in 1986. I have no idea about before that and I doubt anyone does. There might be some evidence in his first biography, and maybe in this new one once it comes out. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, secret_no_03 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure this will be the first time Kiyoharu has performed overseas, or even been outside of Japan? I won't be surprised if he ever left for a trip/vacation or something, but I can't find anything to indicate that he's left Japan since his career began in 1986. I have no idea about before that and I doubt anyone does. There might be some evidence in his first biography, and maybe in this new one once it comes out. Just a thought.

Sads first “tour” was in England (which is really ???? but you know how Kiyoharu do) but it was only 3 dates, and he’s played solo in Taiwan a few times. But he’s never done any shows in the US before, even though he’s come here for video shoots! I really hope he can make it a more regular thing like Morrie has

53 minutes ago, redaudrey said:

Sads first “tour” was in England (which is really ???? but you know how Kiyoharu do) but it was only 3 dates, and he’s played solo in Taiwan a few times. But he’s never done any shows in the US before, even though he’s come here for video shoots! I really hope he can make it a more regular thing like Morrie has

Thanks for the info. Yeah, it seems as these guys get older they want to come here more. Maybe it's a bucket list thing. 

On 5/28/2019 at 10:10 AM, secret_no_03 said:

The Japanese crowd can now buy tickets from today until 6/10 (assuming that's when Joe's is releasing their tickets.) https://l-tike.com/search/?lcd=72033

Appears tickets are getting low already! I bought 1 two days ago and I was really surprised by how high my ticket number was for a show in NY that’s only being sold in Japan

That being said, I emailed the venue a few days ago to just ask about the show and when tickets might go on sale since it’s still not even on their calendar yet and they didn’t reply to me...🤔

Wait is it only available to buy in Japan because if they opened it to up to the USA I would totally buy. Like Kiyoharu take my money! This sounds unreal, I want to go. 

Edited by Bangyanico

7 minutes ago, Bangyanico said:

Wait it's only available to buy in Japan because if they opened it to up to the USA I would totally buy. Like Kiyoharu take my money!

I really hope they’ll open sales to the US too since none of my friends were in the position to jump into my ticket order 😭 I wish they’d actually give some clearer details 

but i’d advise that if you’re feeling as neurotic about this as I did, to ask a friend in japan or a shopping service to help you buy a ticket 

Wait... so they announced a US show but the tickets are only available to Japanese residents? That's hilarious and fucked up at the same time.

Even if they let non-Jp peepz buy tickets at a later date, that's kind of a dick move imo.

Edited by Jigsaw9

It’s also pretty wacky that apparently SO MANY Japanese fans are buying tickets and traveling to the US for this even though Kiyoharu and Morrie have done lives together in Japan already

Or theyre just trying to put foreign fans through the gauntlet and making them prove their devotion by making it so annoying to get tickets

I think they don't have the confidence that they can fill the venue from US fans only.

Surely, they're reserving seats for US fans, it's not like it could go sold out now.

I don't know but the venue seems kinda classy and intimate. I wonder if this is a case of foreign fans are too loud and roudy for a concert like this.

Also, did any of you attend a MORRIE show?