Jump to content
psychonnect_rozen

Band that everyone hates but you adore?

Recommended Posts

 

24 minutes ago, saiko said:

The Gazette a rip-off? .

 

 

 

 

Well  Inside Beast MV is an obvious rip off  Marilyn Manson’s MV for Tainted Lo

Edited by Reikatsumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RaeDesu said:

D. People really hate on them and I'm not sure why? They're my favorite band and I adore them. 

 

Also I love Kamijo as well, he's great, even with the weird Vampire vibes. 

Are there people who hate D? Seriously? :o

i dont see any reason to hate this band tbh

asagi is professional as well as the other members and he is totally cute person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

I heard a lot of people hate them? I heard they're pretty awesome tho. Why do people hate em?  

Combination of things. They’re not everyone’s cup of tea. Not everyone likes the direction they took. Mejibray fans can be obsessive and grating. I do think some of the hate stems from the same reason people give Nickelback and other bands shit - not to remotely compare popularity, but considering how small the vkei fan base is, if you’re seeing something you’re not into everywhere, it’s going to annoy you more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

Are there people who hate D? Seriously? :o

i dont see any reason to hate this band tbh

asagi is professional as well as the other members and he is totally cute person

Oh, I know. They've always been so serious about their work, and Asagi is a brilliant man. It just blows my mind that people hate on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RaeDesu said:

Oh, I know. They've always been so serious about their work, and Asagi is a brilliant man. It just blows my mind that people hate on them.

Is D any good? They sound really interesting!

Edited by psychonnect_rozen
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

Is D any good? They sound really interesting!

I've been listening to them since they formed, so I think they're good at least hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, frayed said:

Mejibray fans can be obsessive and grating.

I've considered leaving the VK fandom from time to time, but I've been talked out of it because it shouldn't be the loony fans who influence your tastes. Looking back, the people who talked me out were absolutely right. Idk, I guess it just doesn't sit right with me when people give up on something they love just because they don't like the other people who do. I'm not blaming them; I just wish it didn't happen. I've found this to be the case with Meji fans a lot, so I just thought like putting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gesu said:

I've considered leaving the VK fandom from time to time, but I've been talked out of it because it shouldn't be the loony fans who influence your tastes. Looking back, the people who talked me out were absolutely right. Idk, I guess it just doesn't sit right with me when people give up on something they love just because they don't like the other people who do. I'm not blaming them; I just wish it didn't happen. I've found this to be the case with Meji fans a lot, so I just thought like putting this.

Trust me, I usually hate being part of fandoms sometimes. I'm in a ton of fandoms that are considered toxic and I always hate being lumped into them. That said though, the fandoms I'm in are good when good and are REALLLY bad when bad. Shipping bandmates, calling people "fake fans", death threats and harassment of the band is what I'm tired of seeing. I have not seen this kind of stuff in the VK community yet, but I have heard some stories.

 

I have met some of the nicest people in these fandoms so just calling all of them lunatics is a bit of a stretch. So far, the community on here and in VK in general is one of the nicest, kind-hearted, and just all around full of awesome people!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Reikatsumi said:

 

Well  Inside Beast MV is an obvious rip off  Marilyn Manson’s MV for Tainted Lo

Could be, but 'Inside beast' isn't EVERYTHING the Gazette actually did or does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I've considered leaving the VK fandom from time to time, but I've been talked out of it because it shouldn't be the loony fans who influence your tastes. Looking back, the people who talked me out were absolutely right. Idk, I guess it just doesn't sit right with me when people give up on something they love just because they don't like the other people who do. I'm not blaming them; I just wish it didn't happen. I've found this to be the case with Meji fans a lot, so I just thought like putting this.

I mean, if people feel like the environment is too toxic for them, that’s valid. I’d never trade my time as a Mejibray fan for anything, but tbh I didn’t really know want I was getting myself into with Mejibray since I went to my first live on a whim, LOL. Man the overseas fan base harassed the shit out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Masato said:

Kaitou Sentai,  cause everyone thinks they are a joke and a rip-off and insult their favourite band. 😍 But I stan their humor. 

 

Kamijo-fan here, too. Even I find his antics sometimes creepy, but well, his shows and music are fun.

they're too precious to hate :D

non jk band- I love Aqua. Their music is sappy but it's happy upbeat music.

vk-Baboo. I know,wtf right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

R指定 lmao

 

Don't know if it necessarily counts seeing as it's less people hating the band and more people just hating Mamo, for obvious reasons.  He seems to only be hated by western vk fans from what I've seen.  

 

Anyway, yeah, I don't think they're hated as a band or for their music but...

Vexent too.  Once again, don't know if it counts because the only people I see really hating on them are The Gazette fans and Lynch fans.  Can't say their reasons aren't good, Vexent very clearly likes ripping off Lynch and their song The Fates seems suspiciously similar to Deux by the Gazette.  I don't think it's as obvious as the Lynch rip off song though.   Mako also gets a lot of hate for his Ruki-esque makeup lmfao.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tenshi said:

R指定 lmao

 

Don't know if it necessarily counts seeing as it's less people hating the band and more people just hating Mamo, for obvious reasons.  He seems to only be hated by western vk fans from what I've seen.  

 

Why would someone hate Mamo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, saiko said:

Why would someone hate Mamo?

hes made homophobic tweets in the past and i guess since 90% of their music videos feature high school or younger girls, well people think that might be a bit suggestive of his tastes if you know what im getting at 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Memento Mori. People used to attack them because they were similar to Kiryu, but honestly, they sounded nothing alike. They're actually more closer to a GazettE clone than a Kiryu clone (I mean, they sampled the Hyena riff).

I liked R Shitei's early stuff, and I did like some of their more later stuff back when I was more into pop punk and what I thought was emo lmao. I like a lot of Nu Metal bands within Vkei.

I'm also a huge fan of Eternal era Gazetto, which most of the fanbase doesn't seem to like as much, which is understandable, because it's some weird sounding stuff, and they did borrow a few Dir en Grey riffs during that era lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chipathy said:

hes made homophobic tweets in the past and i guess since 90% of their music videos feature high school or younger girls, well people think that might be a bit suggestive of his tastes if you know what im getting at 

I always liked the girl in sailorfuku theme, it's like the very key of their aesthetic and I feel it sums their concept very well. I've never could guess what you are talking about lol

 

Then, homophobic tweets? That's even serious stuff. Do you have a proof of that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, saiko said:

Then, homophobic tweets? That's even serious stuff. Do you have a proof of that?

theyve been posted  around on this forum im too lazy to look for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, chipathy said:

theyve been posted  around on this forum im too lazy to look for it

 I'll quote it here if there's anyone interested. 

 

Tl;dr this guys is total edgelord level dressing-like-a-fucking-faggot-and-pretending-to-spread-hate-over-faggots. He doesn't even hit a single note for fucks sake!

Edited by saiko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, saiko said:

Tl;dr this guys is total edgelord level dressing-like-a-fucking-faggot-and-pretend-to-spread-hate-over-faggots. He doesn't even sing well for fucks sake!

he also got suspended once for talking shit about hide after fans mass-reported him lmaoooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, saiko said:

 I'll quote it here if there's anyone interested. 

 

Tl;dr this guys is total edgelord level dressing-like-a-fucking-faggot-and-pretending-to-spread-hate-over-faggots. He doesn't even sing well for fucks sake!

Read the whole thing. Jesus, even the comments are fucking awful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...