psychonnect_rozen

Band that everyone hates but you adore?

The GazettE

Almost everyone calls them the “Nickleback” of VK, which is the worst thing to compare them to. The people who hate them either think they ripped off Dir En Grey or think their music is cringe. What’s even better is that both Dir En Grey and The Gazette are both in my Top 5 for favourite VK and J Rock bands. 

The whole rip off thing pisses me off. They sound nothing alike 

Hell, Stacked Rubbish is one of my all time favourite J-Rock albums 

Edited by psychonnect_rozen
Grammar

I'm not sure on people's opinions about KAMIJO's solo career, but I've heard a few people say they find him annoying as a person, whereas I like him/his solo career. I think his songs sound like boss fight music, which is A-Okay with me. I was actually gonna go see him in September last year, but I missed out cuz I fell out with the person I was gonna go with. I'm still fuming over that.

Just now, Gesu said:

I'm not sure on people's opinions about KAMIJO's solo career, but I've heard a few people say they find him annoying as a person, whereas I like him/his solo career. I think his songs sound like boss fight music, which is A-Okay with me. I was actually gonna go see him in September last year, but I missed out cuz I fell out with the person I was gonna go with. I'm still fuming over that.

I like Kamijo. Probably one of my fav J-Rock artists. I’ve only listened to Lareine and Versailles. What’s his solo like?

Just now, psychonnect_rozen said:

I like Kamijo. Probably one of my fav J-Rock artists. I’ve only listened to Lareine and Versailles. What’s his solo like?

It's got that same kind of neoclassical power metal influence you'd expect from him. I think his solo music is generally a bit faster and grandiose than his other stuff (if that's even possible), but there are some exceptions like Trésor, for example.

Not Japanese at all, but I always loved Limp Bizkit, aaaand... yeah, a lot of people hate them lol. As far as Japanese bands go, I looooove me some Sharan Q. No one really hates them per-se, at least that I know, but I only talked to a few Japanese folks that actually take em serious lol.

Tokio Hotel, Killerpilze, KYO (french band pop , rock, edm), An Cafe, BLACPINK  they hate by people but I don't care, because it's their opinion.

One portion of fans of The GazettE are hysterical, but I listen them for their music.

47 minutes ago, robkun said:

Not Japanese at all, but I always loved Limp Bizkit, aaaand... yeah, a lot of people hate them lol. As far as Japanese bands go, I looooove me some Sharan Q. No one really hates them per-se, at least that I know, but I only talked to a few Japanese folks that actually take em serious lol.

Nu metal honestly really depends on the band. Dir En Grey did nu metal back then and it sounds awesome. One nu metal band I enjoy is Korn. I’m not the biggest fan, but they have some legit bops

4 minutes ago, nullmoon said:

Lostprophets. I know Watkins is a disgusting waste of life but Start Something is the soundtrack of my teenage years. 

Honestly, Rooftops is an amazing song. But again, I can never get into Lostprophets because of what Ian “Goes wild with your child” Watkins did. Then again, I like Phantamasigoria, even though their bassist is a complete shithead (Kisaki)

7 minutes ago, chipathy said:

Sadie and 12012 and that includes their dir en grey era's

Honestly I think 12012's later releases were some of their best (just not that album XD).

Edited by nullmoon

As for non-japanese bands, Sabaton. A lot of people call them ridiculous, but I find them cool and fun. As for japanese bands, Mediena. The hate Ryo always got, jeez...

Kaitou Sentai,  cause everyone thinks they are a joke and a rip-off and insult their favourite band. 😍 But I stan their humor. 

Kamijo-fan here, too. Even I find his antics sometimes creepy, but well, his shows and music are fun.

1 hour ago, psychonnect_rozen said:

What about him makes him creepy? Lol

He is doing this romance/vampire thing so much, and it's totally over the top..... it creeps me out sometimes.

D. People really hate on them and I'm not sure why? They're my favorite band and I adore them. 

Also I love Kamijo as well, he's great, even with the weird Vampire vibes. 

This is more like bands that others just don't care for, and that's MERRY and マルコ. I would die (or rather, my financial status will) for those bitches , I stan them with my LIFE ♥🙌

The Gazette a rip-off? Well, I get that some people won't like them and that's ok, but saying that they are a mere 'rip-off' speaks of literally not having anything in your ears out of a massive necessity of identification with A so you need to hate B in order to love A.

That said, whether liked or not, and although nobody can't deny that they still have their flops -in terms of uninspired works-, the Gazette actually DID their job and seated a precedent in a majority of the 'formula' that defines modern and also classic  'visual-kei' sound, visuals, lyrics, etc., like a few artists did. Same goes for X, Luna, Kuroyume, L'arc, Rouage, Laputa, Malice Mizer, Pierrot, Shazna, Dir, Nightmare, Mucc, Sid, baroque, Kagerou, Antic Cafe, Kagrra, Deluhi, Kiryu, Nocturnal Bloodlust, and a long -LONG- etc. including and every band that has some status of cult-following.

Just stop hating freely and try to listen carefully to the artists that made the bands you like to happen. And if you don't want to, that's ok, but try not to sound pretentious.

Hm.

Edited by saiko