Sign in to follow this  
Traxan

Aldious guitarist Toki gets married, pregnant in rapid order

News here, with a statement from Toki. She will leave the band after a June show, but not for good, apparently. Run it through your favorite translator.

https://aldious.net/contents/244569

BIG statement from Yoshi. The bottom line seems to be they are hopeful Toki can/will come back after the baby is born.

http://yoshidious.jp/archives/14921

1 hour ago, madygrain said:

Bet is she ain't going back

She might. Nao, drummer from maximum the hormone, had a kid. She took a (very long) pause from band activities but then eventually MTH came back together. The real question is will the rest of Aldious wait for Toki, find a temp guitarist and continue activities, or fill her position?

Oh yeah, she totally might. But motherhood changes people and family life is atractive. This breaks are never short either. Other stuff comes into play. Will the band still be around when she intends to come back if she really takes her time? Will they have a position for her? Will she fit the band's brand as a married mother? I'm inclined to think she ain't coming back.

In case you forgot, they are soldiering on with a temp singer as it is. Re:No has not been replaced and the tour has two singers, Saki from Cyntia and a new girl named Rin, alternating from show to show. So now they are going to continue on with two temps.

Interesting tidbit from the blogs is that Toki was a teenager when she joined Aldious and that was 10 years ago. I would have guessed her to be older but they do start young in Japan. Gacharic Spin just hired a 17 year old singer.

And Nekkichi, that lame pic is from the Lovebites tour of England. Aldious have yet to set foot outside of Japan much less is that their audience. So you are twice wrong.

Edited by Traxan

13 hours ago, Zeus said:

She might. Nao, drummer from maximum the hormone, had a kid. She took a (very long) pause from band activities but then eventually MTH came back together. The real question is will the rest of Aldious wait for Toki, find a temp guitarist and continue activities, or fill her position?

Actually nao popped out like 3 kids. MTH's output this decade was severely curtailed because of it. Now they are on Warner after leaving VAP but things are held up because Daisuke had major neck surgery.

Also, Nao is a little more tightly connected to MTH since Ryo the guitarist is her younger brother. Aldious is Yoshi's show.

Oh, and if Saki (Cyntia) gets the singer gig, I wouldn't be surprised if they bring Yui along now that she has recovered and do Cyntia songs as part of the set.

Edited by Traxan

Sort of off topic but since this a thread is about Toki, I remember reading somewhere that she used to be in a Visual Kei band before Aldious? I find that very interesting (hardly see women in VK) but I cant find any information about her old band. I assume it wasn't a very successful band but I wonder if it really was VK and who were her band mates(mixed gender or all female?).

Concerning her marriage and pregnancy, I hope her a wonderful life with her baby and husband. I honestly dont mind if she left Aldious altogether just to focus on taking care of her child.

Edited by ChimeraKei

11 minutes ago, ChimeraKei said:

Sort of off topic but since this a thread is about Toki, I remember reading somewhere that she used to be in a Visual Kei band before Aldious? I find that very interesting (hardly see women in VK) but I cant find any information about her old band. I assume it wasn't a very successful band but I wonder how they dress, their music and who was part of it(mixed gender or all female?). 

Concerning her marriage and pregnancy, I hope her a wonderful life with her baby and husband. I honestly dont mind if she left Aldious altogether just to focus on taking care of her child.

ohmygod apparently two of them are VK gya which is also somewhat common knowledge????

toki is a psycho le cemu stan, if JSL locals bother with an accurate translation of the former band info, it's on their wiki:

トキ(とき)[編集]

Spoiler

ギター担当。イメージカラーはピンク。

3月20日生まれ。大阪府東大阪市出身。身長159cm、体重43kg。関西弁。好物はラーメン。

Psycho le Cémuを見たことで、ロックやメタルに興味を持つ。加入前は女性V系バンドケミカロイド零号機などに所属していた。

バンド切ってのムードメーカーであり常にテンションが高い。「ヘドバン隊長」を自称している。演奏時には霧噴きも披露する。

影響を受けたバンドとして、Psycho le Cému、LUNA SEA、好きなギタリストとして、エリック・クラプトン、hide、SUGIZOなどを挙げている。

鳥類を愛しており、将来の夢は「ハワイで大きな鳥と暮らすこと」と「宇宙でライブをすること」らしい。

2019年5月16日、一般男性との結婚と妊娠中であることを公式サイトにて発表。(赤ちゃんは2019年秋頃出産予定)[24]。

Aruto(あると)[編集]

Spoiler

ドラムス担当。イメージカラーはパープル。

10月19日生まれ。愛知県出身。身長169cm(もしくは170以上)。Arutoは漢字で「在兎」。好きな色は紫。

幼い頃より、クラシック分野において打楽器を奏す。そこで知り合った友人のバンド(陰陽座のコピーバンド)への誘いをきっかけに、ドラムとメタルを始める。

中学・高校時代はヴィジュアル系に傾倒、大学時代にHR/HMを聴き始めたという。以前は天衝というバンドに所属。

影響を受けたバンドとして、陰陽座、Galneryus、聖飢魔IIなどを挙げている。

茸雑貨の収集、絵を描くことを趣味としており、グッズのイラストやデザインも手掛けていた。料理を得意とし、面倒見の良い性格から、メンバーやファンから「Arutoママ」と呼ばれることもあった。

2014年11月に結婚のため脱退、同時に音楽・芸能活動からも引退。2016年5月12日に第一子を、2019年2月21日に第二子を出産したことがYoshiのtwitterで明らかになった。[31]現役当時は、Pearlのドラムを愛用。

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldious

And on the flip side, Sawa played in Galmet, a melodeath band similar to Arch Enemy, and Yoshi was in an Arch Enemy tribute band.

Aruto was in a power metal band before Aldious, I forget the name, but it never went anywhere.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:26 AM, madygrain said:

Bet is she ain't going back

Motherhood hasn't stopped IBUKI.

Update on this: they're announcing guest guitarists for this year's tour on May 22nd.

Edited by Vercingetorix

Sign in to follow this