38 minutes ago, Kabukichoatmidnight said:

Not got a problem with K Pop but don't really listen to it. Much prefer J Pop (especially old J Pop from the 70s/80s) but do like Psy just because he's funny over anything else, has a couple of catchy tunes.

We stan 80s Japanese City Pop. 

I like Seo Taiji, and Big Bang/BTS have a couple of listenable songs, but i’ve never really seen the appeal of most K-pop. Especially for people who never really liked American or Japanese pop, but still listen to mainly K-pop nowadays.

I don't see the appeal of k-pop.

I don't like their attitude, the stanbase. They all look and sound the same. 

Especially the modern style like the great BTS; The music so overly perfect produced  that it's uncanny, the overly flashing visuals with no theme but just to be 'flamboyant as possible', and don't get me started on the copy paste bowlcuts(nothing  personal against bowlcuts) hairstyles 👀

It sounds really arrogant but i can't feel the soul in their music, even when they sing about emotional topics because i know there's a huge writing and production team behind it sooo it kinda dulls the message...(i know, some vk bands do this too) 

And while people have freedom over whatever they like, it's kinda sad seeing so many ex-visual kei fans converting to k-pop, but never the opposite. 

Took me a bit for it to click, but I'm on board with a good bit of K-pop these days. BTS, TWICE, BLACKPINK, LOONA, and any number of other ALL CAPS artists (lol). Catchy tunes, sleek visuals, dedicated concepts. It's much of why I like VK, just packaged very differently. 

14 hours ago, Neigedesmannes said:

I don't see the appeal of k-pop.

I don't like their attitude, the stanbase. They all look and sound the same. 

Especially the modern style like the great BTS; The music so overly perfect produced  that it's uncanny, the overly flashing visuals with no theme but just to be 'flamboyant as possible', and don't get me started on the copy paste bowlcuts(nothing  personal against bowlcuts) hairstyles 👀

It sounds really arrogant but i can't feel the soul in their music, even when they sing about emotional topics because i know there's a huge writing and production team behind it sooo it kinda dulls the message...(i know, some vk bands do this too) 

And while people have freedom over whatever they like, it's kinda sad seeing so many ex-visual kei fans converting to k-pop, but never the opposite. 

The answers that I’ve heard from my friends is basically “it was more accessible, and they actually *want* our business”. The fact that K-pop groups also know the “right” thing to say regarding social topics among western millennials, instead of being edgelords also helps.

I like approximately 7 kpop songs:

Dal Shabet - Pink Rocket

SNSD - Mr. Taxi

SNSD - Run Devil Run

SNSD - Hoot

SNSD - Gee

f(x) - La cha ta

Miss A - Bad Girl Good Girl

The SNSD ones I have to listen to in Japanese if I want to sing along without getting tongue-tied. I'm a little surprised I'm not more into Kpop than I am, considering how cute the girls are but nah, I never could get into anything else. And I'm okay with that.

Edited by Zalemu

On 5/17/2019 at 1:17 PM, Komorebi said:

I see no much difference in the Kpop and VK scenes besides the musical genre.
They both have a similar marketing, cater to a similar demographic, both scenes have some sort of sexual exploitation behind a pretty facade, similar arguably repetitive sounds (even choreo) and both have performers posing as musicians playing/singing and dancing to songs they didn't write, although VK does have a lot more performers actually writing their music.

So true it hurts.