psychonnect_rozen

Honest opinions on K POP?

Kpop isint what it was 

Groups like epik high (map of the soul only) , jtl, h.o.t, were what I think the best kpop groups with ballad and poppy features but now I think they just put beats and rap how "great" they are 

Yeah they kill the beat like no one else 

But to me literally the rhymes speak for themselves

On 5/18/2020 at 11:43 PM, Total Saikou said:

Solidarity in liking Asian music can only go so far, especially considering that we're in different genre camps at all times. And yeah, Kpop stans are... something else. Never had any other fandom accuse me of being racist against my own place of origin, they are true trailblazers :staru: 

Kpop stans? 

Is that a reference to Eminem fans? 

Rap heads or just the song Stan? 

Lol I'm at a loss

4 minutes ago, Elagabalus said:

Kpop stans? 

Is that a reference to Eminem fans? 

Rap heads or just the song Stan? 

Lol I'm at a loss

Like you said, stan originated from the Eminem song. And it's used in not just kpop but all music fandoms now too.

Just now, Furik said:

Like you said, stan originated from the Eminem song. And it's used in not just kpop but all music fandoms now too.

My teas gone cold and I wonder why I got out of the bed at all

1 hour ago, Elagabalus said:

@Furik I gotta ask what's your fav kpop artist or band? 

My fav band all-around? Hmm. Honestly, Red Velvet. They have incredible vocal range and I like their concept - they have two sides: Red, which is their poppy-upbeat side and Velvet, their more mature-smooth R&B sound. 

If I had to pick a boy-band counterpart, it would be EXO. They are like identical to Red Velvet (aside from the poppy side) in terms of vocal capabilities and the mature sound.

Some favorites:

Psycho (2019), their latest song. Highlights their fantastic vocals, minimal production.

Bad Boy (2018), another good song from them. It was, at the time, their biggest hit (until Psycho). It was popular enough for them to record an English version (which turned out not bad at all). I still prefer the original version. This song is more poppy compared to Psycho but it's still very much so mature and soulful.

Obsession (2019), EXO's latest single. A lot of fans consider this groups "Psycho".  A lot more hard-hitting than the past two songs I posted above. Really showcases the groups vocal range (especially near the end).

Tempo (2018), this is one of the groups most popular songs and honestly one of the songs that really got me into the group. Much more poppy than the other songs posted above. HOWEVER, this deserves a listen by everyone. This song is just incredible. You think it's just a straight-forward song but come halfway in, IT KICKS YOU IN THE FACE. Incredible, incredible high notes, harmonizing, true R&B that is reminiscent of 90's R&B. This sound is just ridiculous in a very good way.