psychonnect_rozen

Honest opinions on K POP?

I liked a bunch of girl groups but I think they've all split now; I loved Shinee too but haven't been able to listen to anything since Jonghyun died

think most boy groups are shit and overrated, ESPECIALLY BTS. They play them on the radio here because theyre so popular in europe and they're really really bad lol 

Kpop fans are super immature and annoying on twitter, spamming fancams and saying "oh well if they'd stanned ____ this tragedy wouldnt have happened" but I think most are like 13 or whatever anyway

It's penis music lol. Okay, I'm not here to talk shit about pop music, especially not Kpop. There's more artistic merit to it than some give it, and many perfectly sane Kpop fans get unfairly lumped in with the Stans. 

But man, I used to be really neutral and happy towards Kpop back when I first got into VK, y'know, being like "Hey guys, let's all get along and talk music and have fun 🤗" but then some of them got into my DMs and completely disrespected my music taste, insisted that "It's all Asian, it's the same, so you should love BTS too or something's wrong with you weeb" and I even got into a fight with one because she said some super ignorant things about--not VK or the band--but just metal music in general (didn't help that she attacked Insanity Injection whom I really like but she said "this isn't music, it's people screaming into the mic" and so I just reversed the logic with "[Kpop] is not music, it's meaningless noise created for brainless consoomers"). All of this shit wasn't even on Twitter, it was on fucking anime Instagram posts and random or VK Youtube videos. And nothing, not even saying "I don't like western pop" or "I'm not fond of Jpop myself" calms them down. I've been called racist against Asians because I don't like Kpop--never mind the fact that I'm on this forum so that says something about what I think about Asian people--I'M FROM ASIA. I don't even pass for white more than like 25% of the time... Honestly, it just makes me more and more irate as the years go by, because I was so open minded about it and willing to be friendly and actually listen to their damn band recommendations. At this rate I'll be an unironic Anti before I'm legally old enough to pour my own drinks. 

That background is needed to understand my current stance. I did genuinely try to get into Kpop; I started with BTS like they all tell you to and I listened to about 5 different releases of theirs.

I was far from impressed. They sounded behind the times. Not in a charming way, but in a way that made me feel... Uncomfortable? I recognized the electronica-infused choruses and hip-hop inspired verses from Western pop music and even some elements from 2010s fads like tropical house production [God I hated that fad] and asked myself "Why is this any better than the white people stuff?" I don't think it is. I think it's on par, personally. I think this stems from an issue Kpop fans have. They can't just call a mediocre album a mediocre album, or even acknowledge a bad song/album because of hype. It's all got to be amazing, flawless, like the second coming of Christ. Honestly, even bands I consider to be absolutely amazing have some songs I don't hype because they're a step in wrong direction or have questionable production choices, but when I say "Yeah, this album is pretty great, but stay away from track X Y Z, they're not the best" the person receiving my recommendation often finds it funny and listens anyway, and then we can have a laugh about how weird it was for a VK band to do Ska or for the vocalist to think that now's the time to try opera vocals for the first time in his life. Sometimes I even completely shit on a band I love because they're an acquired taste or have an endearing charm and originality that lacks any and all technical savoir-faire. 

Personally, I don't understand how anyone from any counterculture/alternative music group (wassup punks and Goths) could be really into something mainstream at the same time, I thought we gathered around this stuff because it was alternative and had messages in it that differ from the mainstream.  Sure, you could remark on all the Oshare bands that aren't particularly deep or meaningful to say that VK in general is artistically bankrupt but it also wouldn't be fair if I pretended that this whole scene is just deliciously layered social/political commentary like Diru or idiosyncratic cultural experimentalism like Guruguru Eigakan.  On the mainstream aspect, I mean, the mainstream kind of defines the space that creates a counterculture. It's not what they are. Well I mean, what's not mainstream is the they, and mainstream is the us. I think this sense of othering VK bands and fans experience is central to the culture's structure, as something that exists as a byproduct of failed standard conformation. 

I don't know how some VK fans can up and leave for Kpop so quick. Maybe they just liked the Oshare stuff, I guess, but I can't believe they would leave behind all the great post-punk, experimental, speed metal, alt-rock, etc. groups behind when Kpop doesn't offer anything similar. When I listen to pop music, I long for that missing guitar solo, or lack of Jpop chords (if it's Western pop music). Also the PVs are completely different--least from what I see. Every Kpop group I've seen is good at dancing. Hella good. And I've been doing dance for 8 years of my life, I know good technique and stage presence when I see it. When I say that, you might be shocked to know that I still prefer VK PVs where the bandomen just stare at the camera and sulk, or dance around while playing guitar or something. There's been masterful executions of this simple formula, like in cali≠gari's 歪んだ鏡 which legit gave me nightmares of Hage Shuuji staring into my soul.  Might be a false positive because that song dredges some mental trauma other than his face but my point still stands. There's also a lot of PVs that don't have killer dance moves but have a lot of creative spirit to them, like BUCK-TICK's EMPTY GIRL or literally anything Malice Mizer filmed, and that's the stuff I like the most. I've lost interest in big-budget MVs, and prefer a smaller scale spectacle.

There's a lot of money involved in the production of k-pop so that it sounds good or whatever, but the artists suck lol. Most of them are actually really bad singers, but they fix it in post. So yeah, I don't think it necessarily sounds bad, but it's definitely overrated. 

15 hours ago, Total Saikou said:

It's penis music lol. Okay, I'm not here to talk shit about pop music, especially not Kpop. There's more artistic merit to it than some give it, and many perfectly sane Kpop fans get unfairly lumped in with the Stans. 

But man, I used to be really neutral and happy towards Kpop back when I first got into VK, y'know, being like "Hey guys, let's all get along and talk music and have fun 🤗" but then some of them got into my DMs and completely disrespected my music taste, insisted that "It's all Asian, it's the same, so you should love BTS too or something's wrong with you weeb" and I even got into a fight with one because she said some super ignorant things about--not VK or the band--but just metal music in general (didn't help that she attacked Insanity Injection whom I really like but she said "this isn't music, it's people screaming into the mic" and so I just reversed the logic with "[Kpop] is not music, it's meaningless noise created for brainless consoomers"). All of this shit wasn't even on Twitter, it was on fucking anime Instagram posts and random or VK Youtube videos. And nothing, not even saying "I don't like western pop" or "I'm not fond of Jpop myself" calms them down. I've been called racist against Asians because I don't like Kpop--never mind the fact that I'm on this forum so that says something about what I think about Asian people--I'M FROM ASIA. I don't even pass for white more than like 25% of the time... Honestly, it just makes me more and more irate as the years go by, because I was so open minded about it and willing to be friendly and actually listen to their damn band recommendations. At this rate I'll be an unironic Anti before I'm legally old enough to pour my own drinks. 

That background is needed to understand my current stance. I did genuinely try to get into Kpop; I started with BTS like they all tell you to and I listened to about 5 different releases of theirs.

I was far from impressed. They sounded behind the times. Not in a charming way, but in a way that made me feel... Uncomfortable? I recognized the electronica-infused choruses and hip-hop inspired verses from Western pop music and even some elements from 2010s fads like tropical house production [God I hated that fad] and asked myself "Why is this any better than the white people stuff?" I don't think it is. I think it's on par, personally. I think this stems from an issue Kpop fans have. They can't just call a mediocre album a mediocre album, or even acknowledge a bad song/album because of hype. It's all got to be amazing, flawless, like the second coming of Christ. Honestly, even bands I consider to be absolutely amazing have some songs I don't hype because they're a step in wrong direction or have questionable production choices, but when I say "Yeah, this album is pretty great, but stay away from track X Y Z, they're not the best" the person receiving my recommendation often finds it funny and listens anyway, and then we can have a laugh about how weird it was for a VK band to do Ska or for the vocalist to think that now's the time to try opera vocals for the first time in his life. Sometimes I even completely shit on a band I love because they're an acquired taste or have an endearing charm and originality that lacks any and all technical savoir-faire. 

Personally, I don't understand how anyone from any counterculture/alternative music group (wassup punks and Goths) could be really into something mainstream at the same time, I thought we gathered around this stuff because it was alternative and had messages in it that differ from the mainstream.  Sure, you could remark on all the Oshare bands that aren't particularly deep or meaningful to say that VK in general is artistically bankrupt but it also wouldn't be fair if I pretended that this whole scene is just deliciously layered social/political commentary like Diru or idiosyncratic cultural experimentalism like Guruguru Eigakan.  On the mainstream aspect, I mean, the mainstream kind of defines the space that creates a counterculture. It's not what they are. Well I mean, what's not mainstream is the they, and mainstream is the us. I think this sense of othering VK bands and fans experience is central to the culture's structure, as something that exists as a byproduct of failed standard conformation. 

I don't know how some VK fans can up and leave for Kpop so quick. Maybe they just liked the Oshare stuff, I guess, but I can't believe they would leave behind all the great post-punk, experimental, speed metal, alt-rock, etc. groups behind when Kpop doesn't offer anything similar. When I listen to pop music, I long for that missing guitar solo, or lack of Jpop chords (if it's Western pop music). Also the PVs are completely different--least from what I see. Every Kpop group I've seen is good at dancing. Hella good. And I've been doing dance for 8 years of my life, I know good technique and stage presence when I see it. When I say that, you might be shocked to know that I still prefer VK PVs where the bandomen just stare at the camera and sulk, or dance around while playing guitar or something. There's been masterful executions of this simple formula, like in cali≠gari's 歪んだ鏡 which legit gave me nightmares of Hage Shuuji staring into my soul.  Might be a false positive because that song dredges some mental trauma other than his face but my point still stands. There's also a lot of PVs that don't have killer dance moves but have a lot of creative spirit to them, like BUCK-TICK's EMPTY GIRL or literally anything Malice Mizer filmed, and that's the stuff I like the most. I've lost interest in big-budget MVs, and prefer a smaller scale spectacle.

I agree, particularly with "They can't just call a mediocre album a mediocre album, or even acknowledge a bad song/album because of hype. It's all got to be amazing, flawless, like the second coming of Christ."

Becuase it is what it is. It's a fad, a cultural phenomenon, something that's so good right now! even if it actually sucks, is actually losing its shine etc. because now international media has appropriated it to the point of making it seem like a political agenda its original creators never reeeally intended it to be, y'know. And, well, my point being exactly that they did intend it to be a political agenda... a lot. Just probably not to this degree.

But - it's somewhat akin to what anime was in the past, right? The whole "anime aesthetic", "anime game" (which was literally just: japanese game with cartoon graphics ... lol ; ; ; ), "anime whatever" of the 90s and maybe even early 2000s. And it was cool around the world, and then suddenly it wasn't cool anymore. Before that, the hippies were cool, etc. Think of whatever cultural fad to illustrate my perspective.    

So, I guess what I was trying to argue before is exactly that - sure VK was never terribly mainstream, but everyone who's like 30 now probably lived an era when it was, at the very least ... cool. In a, y'know, oh, ok, these kids with the colorful Final Fantasy hairstyles are actually creating something artistically new. Until, again, it wasn't anymore. And before not being cool anymore of course it was appropriated in many ways - it's not really a coincidence that every bandomen from back then suddenly became ~*multicultural and global*~. Anyway... So it's not really a coincidence that some elements are present in both because, well, pop culture/media/etc works like that. Not to say "nothing is new" but of course some trends will be literal emulations or polar opposites of others. Making these "others"' presence undeniable.   

Edited by Chell

have enjoyed some korean pop songs before like one from Lena Park, but these are not the modern "This is Kpop" stuff by any means.

Lots of it seems ,even for pop, to be a bit too contrived. Hats off to them for using their cultural complexes to fuel a thriving industry though.

Great production value but nothing with any soul. Like over using Quantization on a performance to the point where all life has left it but you sure do

have something that lines up on every beat. If that kind of music makes you happy though, different strokes for. . .

At a club I do designs for I saw some BTS on their TV backgrounds and it was all kinds of ridiculous watching these super skinny baby faced guys trying to act hard

and imitate black gangster culture.

Edited by ghostpepper

18 hours ago, ghostpepper said:

At a club I do designs for I saw some BTS on their TV backgrounds and it was all kinds of ridiculous watching these super skinny baby faced guys trying to act hard

and imitate black gangster culture.

Someone who knows better about kpop imitating black culture should tackle this but yeah, it's a thing. Thankfully a thing that my Shinee boys don't do. Hopefully? 

I live in south east asia so kpop is unavoidable for me. I can only speak for myself, but what I noticed around me was that the people who first got into kpop weren't into jpop.

They were 'mainstream normies' so to speak, so 2000s kpop being more accessible from the start meant that they had much greater exposure to kpop than jpop in the first place. My general impression back then was that kpop was seen as 'fresher',  'more polished' than jpop which has been around for a few years already. So there was the general public getting into kpop + jpop/vk/etc fans getting into kpop but little to no fans gained for jpop/vk. So that was that. Though it was obvious that kpop was taking trend cues from japanese music, like how early dbsk had visual kei hairstyles lol. But they quickly found a style that simply appealed more to the foreign public than jpop/vk did imo. I mean, they had government backing, so....

What I dislike about kpop is how they pigeonhole members, like oh guy 1 is the singer, guy 2 is rap and so on. It's weird how they introduce themselves explicitly like that. Of course they have their own strengths but why do that?

I don't know about 2010 kpop but I think the surviving groups and artists from 2000s kpop are still quite good and are beginning to have their own musical input.

I specifically like songs (partially) written and composed by Donghae of Suju for some reason:

Spoiler

Also key's solo albums are prime kpop goodness. 

Odd eye best kpop album of the decade tbh, bts can't compare

Edited by gret

Too manufactured and I don't respect the industry. I prefer an industry where the artists have creative freedom it has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike pop or rap music or anything of the sort. I can respect artists in any genre if I feel like what they're doing is genuine and heart felt. 

8 hours ago, lichtlune said:

Too manufactured and I don't respect the industry. I prefer an industry where the artists have creative freedom it has nothing to do with whether I like or dislike pop or rap music or anything of the sort. I can respect artists in any genre if I feel like what they're doing is genuine and heart felt. 

That video is a gem lol

On 3/31/2020 at 10:44 AM, Total Saikou said:

"It's all Asian, it's the same, so you should love BTS too or something's wrong with you weeb"

I've been called racist against Asians because I don't like Kpop

I don't know how some VK fans can up and leave for Kpop so quick

Firstly, (hopefully) we can all agree that people that carry out these kinds of personal attacks are pretentious af. 

SECONDLY, that's just plain weird.

As a kid I came across Super Junior and absolutely loved their colorful mvs-Rokugo esp. Didn't really become a fan since I did find everything to be a bit too manufactured and controlled for my liking but  that's just personal preference. I was a tween when the bts boom begun and quite honestly I was  glad that such thing was taking place since I thought that people would become a bit more accepting of minorities, you know?

Still,,,

Never got into kpop but imma be a bitch baby and say that the fandom could be a tad calmer about... Stuff. Just that. Imo kpop is okay!

Edited by AnchuAnchor

On 5/18/2020 at 8:56 AM, AnchuAnchor said:

Firstly, (hopefully) we can all agree that people that carry out these kinds of personal attacks are pretentious af. 

SECONDLY, that's just plain weird.

As a kid I came across Super Junior and absolutely loved their colorful mvs-Rokugo esp. Didn't really become a fan since I did find everything to be a bit too manufactured and controlled for my liking but  that's just personal preference. I was a tween when the bts boom begun and quite honestly I was  glad that such thing was taking place since I thought that people would become a bit more accepting of minorities, you know?

Still,,,

Never got into kpop but imma be a bitch baby and say that the fandom could be a tad calmer about... Stuff. Just that. Imo kpop is okay!

Solidarity in liking Asian music can only go so far, especially considering that we're in different genre camps at all times. And yeah, Kpop stans are... something else. Never had any other fandom accuse me of being racist against my own place of origin, they are true trailblazers :staru: 

Edited by Total Saikou

On 3/31/2020 at 3:44 PM, Total Saikou said:

I think this stems from an issue Kpop fans have. They can't just call a mediocre album a mediocre album, or even acknowledge a bad song/album because of hype. It's all got to be amazing, flawless, like the second coming of Christ. 

I'll just leave this here, fresh from my country today:

https://www.asiaone.com/digital/k-pop-fans-kick-straitstimesisoverparty-twitter-report-their-idols-they-didnt?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2g2zwRNI9qxk3WmaG10OFH5ogjgc9dmgFkS2rPaTQ96LAxbInRdfv6AV8#Echobox=1589956772

Basically the newspaper published a less than flattering article on some kpop stars and the fans are trying to boycott the newspapers and get the writer fired.

To be perfectly honest K-Pop music or industry in general isnt my cup of tea. But neither I hate them.

My only problem is the fans. Some of them really goes overboard or too much. Hell even one of my friends said she would be super happy just to kiss her idol's armpit. Like wtf, seriously?

I mean, based on what I learn, most of them only care about the visual a.k.a handsome or pretty idols. Which is FOR ME is kinda weird, because music isnt for their ears anymore, but eyes.

Note: I know not all of the fans behave like that, but I swear some of my friends are.

There were some years i listened to Kpop, some years active following up on everything some years just runing through the same old stuff. 

Its easy on the ears, you get easy into a new song, because of how much they sound the same. 

The thing i noticed how i got used to this over time of listening. 

They always have that obligatory rap part inside somewhere.  i personally think its the most noticable thing, even if you have no idea about music you will notice that at one point every group needed a rapper. 

Eitherway we all know the music is generic crap. 

The fandoms are hell (apparently some groups have nice fandoms)

I am tired of seeing fancams on twitter everywhere. 

Visual wise they all  look the same. 

Plastic surgery everywhere

Sexualising minors

I could go on with the stuff that annoys me on kpop, but lets stop it

I am just waiting for the third generation groups to finally get some nice scandals. (i mean second generations kpop had some shit going on)

The only thing i still listen to sometimes are Wonder Girls.

Oh, yes, also thanks to those JO1 guys the kpop fandom kept attacking the jpop fandom for a while on twitter. It was fun. 

Last but not least, i think KPop has some actually good singers out there, Its just hard to know when they have to sing and perform some crazy dance performance at the same time. Or they get like 3 words inside the whole song. They have dancers that are good, but that doesn't mean they can sing. They have good rappers, but that doesn't mean they can dance. 

Also i remember seeing some live stuff from bts and don't get me wrong, but it was crap. First off, those microphones that are around your head are mostly shit eitherway, second they wasnt able to keep the singing up during the dancing, which didn't surpise me in the least. 

Ah. sorry it got long and like always i feel its chaotic 

I personally got into k-pop back in 2010. Was obsessed with SHINee and SNSD and whoever was big at the time. The older I got, the more I heard about the industry, what the idols are put through and I lost interest in the genre. I would only really keep up with Jonghyun because he was one of my favorite pop artists in general. I think his death, along with those of Sulli's and Goo Hara, really made me legit DESPISE the genre and the industry behind it. These days, I don't have anything against the artists or their songs. Idgaf about mindless fun pop music as long as the messages aren't harmful. It's just the industry makes me feel sick. 

Plus the fans never learn. Every time a K-pop celebrity dies from suicide, they cry on twitter about it (nothing wrong with that) but then the next week they go back to bullying each other and other k-pop idols, saying truly heinous shit. They should just stick to liking the music and trolling Trump.

1 hour ago, nikuman said:

I personally got into k-pop back in 2010. Was obsessed with SHINee and SNSD and whoever was big at the time. The older I got, the more I heard about the industry, what the idols are put through and I lost interest in the genre. I would only really keep up with Jonghyun because he was one of my favorite pop artists in general. I think his death, along with those of Sulli's and Goo Hara, really made me legit DESPISE the genre and the industry behind it. These days, I don't have anything against the artists or their songs. Idgaf about mindless fun pop music as long as the messages aren't harmful. It's just the industry makes me feel sick. 

Plus the fans never learn. Every time a K-pop celebrity dies from suicide, they cry on twitter about it (nothing wrong with that) but then the next week they go back to bullying each other and other k-pop idols, saying truly heinous shit. They should just stick to liking the music and trolling Trump.

Sort of relatable (except it's more how I feel about anime since the KyoAni arson but k-pop is quickly walking towards that for me)

i agree , kpop is a cringy genre idk how girls can watch those  guys and ppl dancing all swaggy and stuff . cant stand the genre and way they dress to market the genre i guess what makes it so popular i personally never falled for their music or langauge . i prefer jpop or VK or even out of context atmospheric black metal or noise or american pop over KPOP. just no i feel they copy other countries ideas mostly japans also

I dont believe that  vk and japanese rockers must care about k-pop i dont give a shit about girl and boys bands  but one thing is important korea goverment  help to thoses bands to spread overseas .

Japan goverment what  about help to spread japanese music out of japan ??? 

Gackt talked about it long time ago

I know quite a few people who were definitely into VK "in the old days" and are mostly into Kpop now, saying they lost interest in VK because there's nothing so great anymore, got boring and all. As far as I know, they enjoy the fun of kpop, mostly (even if they liked the darkness of some vk bands... I guess growing up can make you yearn for lighter stuff, as your life gets dark enough as it is).

Also, let's face it: back in the days, many VK fans considered the musicians as SUPER GOOD. I mean technically good. As in considering Dir en Grey's Die or Karyu as some of the best guitarists ever. And so on for very liked bands. While, let's be honest... the melodies can be nice, that's one thing, but they're extremely rarely so good technically? 

So, well... now they enjoy the dance, which can be very good indeed, and the happy-light mood of the songs. Why not, to each their own. And many VK fans enjoyed the bands for the musicians' faces, it was most obvious when concerts were played in our countries: unsurprisingly, they now praise the good looks of Kpopmusicians. "To each their own". Special bonus: they can see some bands quite often, and in large venues.

@Punk The Japanese government was very hypocritical (probably not for the first time, on different matters): 10 or 15 years ago now, they launched a program called "Cool Japan". It was aimed at promoting Japan as a "soft power" (to be understood as "culture power" in diplomatic terms). I was at a conference where some Japanese official in my country presented it, a few months before it was actually put into place, and the aim really was to promote anime, music, manga and other culture products consumed and enjoyed by youngsters. It was meant to help fund their exportation, through different grants / financial incentives.  But for whatever reason (I don't even want to think of the possible reasons), things changed when it was put in place: I only ever saw it used to promote the classical culture of Japan (tourism for the oh beautiful landscapes, traditional ceramics, no and other traditional types of theater, and so on.) From our end (countries where the culture would have been exported), when we got in touch with the Japanese officials (embassy and such), the answer was that the demand had to be made from Japan. But the Japanese artist or organisation never -asked- to go abroad, they were always contacted first or at most contacted people abroad to know what conditions could be offered for "that act" to be exported: they wouldn't ask money for the export to happen because they wanted to be paid for the export. "Japanese pride".

To sum up, it was everyone's fault. Although we can note that the government found ways for "traditional culture" to be funded by the Cool Japan program, while it appears it never applied such efforts for the "youngsters culture". 

Edited by spolochon

@spolochon  which were our responsability ???

its a shit  as usual the japanese embassy only think in to export  just his traditional culture .

Btw i saw the gackt declaration about it and the someones comments  saying shit about on the social conscience of gackt on these matters a successful person who could perfectly ignore this situation because it has its market in Japan.

Holy shit peoples as if pay high rates for items  was really cool to them 

Everypeoples that put money from our pocket  to do  it  run  need one prize 

@Punk I took part in this conference as a student, if I remember well it was a conference about Japanese culture and its impact in general, on France especially but not only. There were speeches about the more traditional part of Japanese culture too, that is why I can be so positive about the original goal of Cool Japan: it was explicit in that person's words, and also by the fact that he didn't try to flatter -everyone- present.

I have to say I didn't believe in it so much when I heard that speech, I thought it was some attempt that would be quickly forgotten by the higher ups... but no, it did go until the end. It's when it had to be used that the higher-ups started to bother...

The embassy itself doesn't decide much, it's the METI (Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry) that makes the actual decisions. And yes, they definitely slow things down... North Korea definitely proved they're a lot more efficient in that field.

I didn't get what you mean about the comments on Gackt? Did you read that some people said that Gackt shouldn't care about those public fundings as he is already very successful and wealthy himself?
If that's so: even (/especially) for Gackt, a concert can cost a fortune to prepare. The settings, the dances, the musicians and dancers, every little detail (which Gackt is EXTREMELY CAREFUL about) can cost -a fortune-. Even he has to make sure that he won't lose a fortune preparing any concert (which can easily happen, with such overall amounts.) So, yeah... if that's what you meant, these were very stupid comments from very entitled fans. Kpop isn't the only fandom with such fans!

Edited by spolochon

59 minutes ago, spolochon said:

@Punk Participé en esta conferencia como estudiante, si mal no recuerdo fue una conferencia sobre la cultura japonesa y su impacto en general, en Francia especialmente, pero no solo. También hubo discursos sobre la parte más tradicional de la cultura japonesa, por eso puedo ser tan positivo sobre el objetivo original de Cool Japan: fue explícito en las palabras de esa persona, y también por el hecho de que no trató de halagar -todos- presentes.

Debo decir que no creí tanto en eso cuando escuché ese discurso, pensé que era un intento que los altos mandos olvidarían rápidamente ... pero no, fue hasta el final. Fue cuando hubo que usarlo cuando los superiores empezaron a molestarse ...

La embajada en sí no decide mucho, es el METI (Ministerio de Economía, Comercio e Industria) quien toma las decisiones. Y sí, definitivamente ralentizan las cosas ... Corea del Norte definitivamente demostró que son mucho más eficientes en ese campo.

¿No entendí lo que quieres decir con los comentarios sobre Gackt? ¿Leíste que algunas personas dijeron que Gackt no debería preocuparse por esos fondos públicos ya que él mismo ya es muy exitoso y rico?
Si es así: incluso (/ especialmente) para Gackt, preparar un concierto puede costar una fortuna. Los escenarios, los bailes, los músicos y bailarines, cada pequeño detalle (del que Gackt tiene MUY CUIDADO) pueden costar -una fortuna-. Incluso él tiene que asegurarse de no perder una fortuna preparando ningún concierto (lo que puede suceder fácilmente, con cantidades tan generales). Entonces, sí ... si eso es lo que quisiste decir, estos fueron comentarios muy estúpidos de fanáticos muy autorizados. . ¡Kpop no es el único fandom con tales fans!

@spolochon i said that gackt is a people   dont need he  check the overseas market he could be without problem a japanese status quo only japan

The stupid guys that defend the bad strategies to overseas japanese expantion in theory re almost  the same that defend the oppressor .

When its almost in ourselves benefits